2017 Accord Sport Stereo install with Metra 99-7804 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
2Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 01-09-2018, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

2017 Accord Sport Stereo install with Metra 99-7804

The previous thread for this was closed so i decided to start a new one. Im updating my stereo with the Kenwood eXcelon Double DIN DVD Bluetooth Navigation Receiver - DNX-893S and the Metra dash kit.

Im having this installed by an car audio shop and they quoted me $1600 out the door, the dash kit is $350 and the head unit is like $800 the rest is install and tax.

I was told my steering wheel controls and back up camera along with usb will all remain. So those are the main things i wanted to retain.

Has anyone else had similar installs on their 9th gen accord?

Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 01-09-2018, 07:15 PM
6th Gear

Garage
There were a few people in the early days of the 9th gen that tried the Metra kit on various trims with less than spectacular results. Some trims had issues with the side view camera not working, the forward collision warning not working as well as not being able to access all of the OEM features normally accessed through the iMid. I'm not sure how many have tried with the '16/'17's yet so there might be some advances in the programming.

Good luck and keep us posted on the results.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 27 Old 01-10-2018, 12:56 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwtAccrd View Post
The previous thread for this was closed so i decided to start a new one. Im updating my stereo with the Kenwood eXcelon Double DIN DVD Bluetooth Navigation Receiver - DNX-893S and the Metra dash kit.

Im having this installed by an car audio shop and they quoted me $1600 out the door, the dash kit is $350 and the head unit is like $800 the rest is install and tax.

I was told my steering wheel controls and back up camera along with usb will all remain. So those are the main things i wanted to retain.

Has anyone else had similar installs on their 9th gen accord?

Don't even bother with this kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOP 2016 Accord Sport
OEM Front and Rear Body kit
Sport Grill
Tein SA
H&R 20MM Spacers
5%R- 25%F window tint
AppleCarPlay-AndroidAuto ready
WeatherTech front, rear and trunk floor mats
WeatherTech window visors
35W-6K Alpha Series Xenon HID Headlight System
Pioner AVH-4200NEX HU
NVX front speakers + NVX tweeters
NVX JAD900.5 Class D AMP
10" Pioneer Sub
BlackVue DR650 DashCam with T-POWER Plus Alpha battery pack

post #4 of 27 Old 01-10-2018, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Yea after doing some research I'm going to pass on the metra kit and buy a harness .

arempee26, I've read ur posts, did u end up returning ur whole set up and putting the factory radio back in?

Last edited by namegoeshere; 01-11-2018 at 06:43 AM. Reason: rules
post #5 of 27 Old 01-10-2018, 04:31 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Yea after doing some research I'm going to pass on the metra kit and buy a harness

arempee26, I've read ur posts, did u end up returning ur whole set up and putting the factory radio back in?
Yes, I returned the MetraKit and burried the factory HU

WOP 2016 Accord Sport
OEM Front and Rear Body kit
Sport Grill
Tein SA
H&R 20MM Spacers
5%R- 25%F window tint
AppleCarPlay-AndroidAuto ready
WeatherTech front, rear and trunk floor mats
WeatherTech window visors
35W-6K Alpha Series Xenon HID Headlight System
Pioner AVH-4200NEX HU
NVX front speakers + NVX tweeters
NVX JAD900.5 Class D AMP
10" Pioneer Sub
BlackVue DR650 DashCam with T-POWER Plus Alpha battery pack

Last edited by namegoeshere; 01-11-2018 at 06:44 AM. Reason: rules
post #6 of 27 Old 01-11-2018, 06:40 AM
2nd Gear

I emailed Metra support and mentioned the issues people have been having.
They replied that a recent firmware upgrade has fixed the issues. I have another thread asking about any recent testing since a few people here have the kit, but there haven't been any replies.

Any recent reviews of the Metra 99-7804B?

2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Ex-L White Orchid Pearl

Splash Guards 08P00-T2A-101

post #7 of 27 Old 01-11-2018, 02:16 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
I emailed Metra support and mentioned the issues people have been having.
They replied that a recent firmware upgrade has fixed the issues. I have another thread asking about any recent testing since a few people here have the kit, but there haven't been any replies.

Any recent reviews of the Metra 99-7804B?
Metra shot themselves in the foot with this kit. The idea was brilliant, there was/is a market for it, but the execution was lacking (to say the least). there is a video on Youtube of a Accord with this kit and it looked completely unappealing. Word got around that this kit wasn't what it was made out to be and the demand shriveled to next to nothing. If Metra wants to regain their (potential) customers confidence, they need to install one of these kits with the new and improved firmware and post a video showing that the issues have indeed been resolved.

If you are willing to be a guinea pig and report your findings here, I'd be very grateful. But until I see proof that it has actually been fixed, I'd recommend steering clear. The money would be better spent on other solutions.

2013 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe (Crystal Black Pearl)
Factory Touchscreen HU
JL Audio Fix-86
JL Audio RD900/5
Hertz HSK 165 6.5 components front
Hertz HCX 165 6.5 coaxials rear
JL Audio CP112-W0v3 12" BassWedge
post #8 of 27 Old 01-11-2018, 02:23 PM
2nd Gear

Current reviews(November and December) look good. If you buy through Crutchfield they'll let you return it, no questions asked. It doesn't work on manual transmission though

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment. 2017 Accord Coupe EX-L, V6
post #9 of 27 Old 01-11-2018, 06:53 PM
5th Gear

Scosche also makes a kit for our cars, it would seem; if you search the site for the vehicle products, they also show a few harnesses with it.

I'm not sure how this compares to Metra, what the loss of functionality might be etc...

2017 Accord EX I4 w. Sensing Sedan
2005 Accord LX I4 Sedan > the one with a $2500 transmission rebuild
post #10 of 27 Old 01-11-2018, 06:58 PM
2nd Gear

Scosche just has the dash kit and harnesses.
It doesn't have the box that Metra has to feed the upper screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie View Post
Scosche also makes a kit for our cars, it would seem; if you search the site for the vehicle products, they also show a few harnesses with it.

I'm not sure how this compares to Metra, what the loss of functionality might be etc...

2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Ex-L White Orchid Pearl

Splash Guards 08P00-T2A-101

The Following User Says Thank You to surge For This Useful Post:
rookie (01-12-2018)
post #11 of 27 Old 01-15-2018, 09:49 PM
Acoustics BSEE

The options still remain as follows (in order of difficulty):

1. Live with it stock.
2. Swap for aftermarket and lose the iMid screen.
3. Roll the dice with the Metra kit and keep most iMid function and get an aftermarket double din in the dash.
4. Bury the factory HU in the dash and add an aftermarket in the dash.
5. Keep stock in place and add a single din in place of the lower pocket (no kit, requires fabrication).
6. Relocate the stock HU to the trunk (to maintain access to controls) and add an aftermarket in the dash.

2014 Accord Sport

2001 Accord EX V6

Electrical basics and Car Audio (click links below):

--

--
---
The Following User Says Thank You to keep_hope_alive For This Useful Post:
I800C0LLECT (01-15-2018)
post #12 of 27 Old 01-21-2018, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I passed on the metro kit. The custom made harness includes the PAC that controls the iMID and retain everything. I plan on burying the factory unit. Ill post pics when I get the harness. I sent him my harness from my Kenwood unit and awaiting the final product.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 01-21-2018 at 10:51 AM. Reason: rules
post #13 of 27 Old 01-21-2018, 08:57 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
I passed on the metro kit. The custom made harness includes the PAC that controls the iMID and retain everything. I plan on burying the factory unit. Ill post pics when I get the harness. I sent him my harness from my Kenwood unit and awaiting the final product.
I decided to go the same route and just sent him my Pioneer harness yesterday.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 01-21-2018 at 10:51 AM. Reason: fix quote
post #14 of 27 Old 01-22-2018, 06:46 PM
5th Gear

I've just tolerated my system in my 14 EX-L Hybrid. Waited more than a year for the Metra kit to ship. When it finally did it was buggy as hell. Then there was an update that was supposed to fix it, but no one who had them reported any improvement.

I also recall their rep on the phone being a bit of an Android fanboi a-hole. I mentioned that they must be getting busy as new aftermarket CarPlay units were coming out. He asked what's CarPlay. When I told him he said Android has had all that for years.

The only option that I'd find satisfactory would be relocating the HU to the trunk. Unfortunately I'm just a little bit shy of the skills to do that and probably don't have the time either. A local shop quoted me $600 just for the relocation part of the install, there'd be the normal HU install charges too. I might still do it, but it adds up really fast and I question if it's really worth it to me.

2014 Accord Hybrid EX-L in Obsidian Blue Pearl

post #15 of 27 Old 01-23-2018, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Hide the factory unit in dash. That is the best option for now. I got saved by not buying the metra kit thanks to all the threads and posts.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 01-25-2018 at 02:21 PM.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.