LED Headlights - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
6Likes
  • 4 Post By RickBlaine
  • 2 Post By SMRAccord
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-29-2017, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thumbs up LED Headlights

I recently purchased a 2014 Honda Accord Sports as my first car and the first thing I decided to do was switch out the stock headlights. Initially, I decided to make this change mostly for looks. However, after some time driving with it I have realized that it has also helped me drive safer with a better view. Looking through a few different types of LED headlights, I finally settled on the xxxxxx xx Series H11 headlights. After reading multiple reviews and viewing photos from past customers, I found that they were able to provide some very pure bright white lights at an affordable price. The 6000k light that these dual-beam headlights produced are simply put amazing.

I'm not an expert on LED headlights but here are some things I would like to share about these lights that I've purchased.

-------------------------------------------

1. Easy Installation
This is first time that I've ever switched out my headlights before so easy installation was very preferable for me. Upon receiving the lights, there was a pamphlet explaining step by step how to switch out the bulbs. They had a plug-ready driver ballast to connect to the factory housing that literally took 5 minutes to install.

2. Hi/Low dual fitament bulb
Although for the Accord the hi/low beam bulbs are seperate, these flip chips do provide both hi/low beams for vehicles that have both beams in one. I find that this all-in-one compact design is quite interesting and I would definitely keep that in mind for future purchases

3. Color
This was one of the most decisive factors in my own personal purchase choice. Compared to LED headlights that my friends have purchased for their cars I feel that these ones are able to procure a purer white color. At 6000k these lights provide a very pure and intense color with no glare.

4. Fans
The fans are built into the backside of the units cooling down the units as they do run hot. I do hear a slight whirring when my engine is off with my lights on so they are being continuously cooled.

5. Reach/View
From what I've seen, not only are the lights brighter but it feels as though they reach a wider view than with my halogen lights. It also has a nice bright beam pattern

6. Customer Service
The customer service for this company seems to be very good. After reading through the reviews I saw that they responded to almost every single one with problems quickly and tried to find a resolution for them. Not only that, they went out of their way to thank other customers that left just positive reviews as well.

It seems as though xxxxxx is still a smaller company but I can see that they are working hard to build a name for themselves. By providing great products supported by excellent customer service, I will continue to support this brand and hope to see them grow.

Attached Images

Last edited by namegoeshere; 11-29-2017 at 02:39 PM. Reason: remove company name; questionable post
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-29-2017, 02:38 PM

Hmm... 1st post and this. I'm going to go with

post #3 of 11 Old 11-29-2017, 03:05 PM

Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,361 Posts
Yeah, be very wary of the LED "Plug and Play" thing. Often, you are left with less useful light. Many new cars that switched to LED are getting bad reviews for light ratings from the IIHS

Maybe this is a spam post- maybe not. But when members here have comparisons, detailed photos, and excellent write-ups, I tend to believe them. This post seems more like a sales pitch with no data. On the 7th Gen forum (and now 9th Gen) you have DreaminAccord as well as a dozen other knowledgeable people with good advice.

2005 Accord EX-L
2-door Coupe
PZEV emission vehicle (!)
4-cylinder, 5-speed Automatic Transmission
16.5 pound Acura RSX 16 inch wheels & 215/55R 16 Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires
145k miles (as of Jan '18)

post #4 of 11 Old 11-29-2017, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I personally just got into cars recently and just wanted to share my experience with others. It is my first post since it is the first and only thing I've changed in my car so far. I was just hoping to see some feedback from others and see what they thought as well. Hopefully I get to learn more from others and get more involved in this community.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-01-2017, 06:03 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyang29 View Post
I personally just got into cars recently and just wanted to share my experience with others. It is my first post since it is the first and only thing I've changed in my car so far. I was just hoping to see some feedback from others and see what they thought as well. Hopefully I get to learn more from others and get more involved in this community.
My experience with PNP LED bulbs wasn't so good. I have crappy reflector halogens on both my $23,580 Pacifica and Volvo (inexcusable on a $40K car but the lease deal was so good, I'd lose money not taking it

I bought a set of LED bulbs for the Pacy off Amazon and they didn't fit. See video below. The metal reflector cap prevented it from fully seating in the housing. I then bought a top rated set off of a vendor who assured me they would work and guess what? They didn't fit.

I just decided to run with my high beams on which is great and I only dim the lights with oncoming traffic. Many new cars have high beam assist that keep the highs on and auto dims as lights approach. This fantastic new technology was on my dad's '65 Sedan de Ville with the "electronic eye". What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. Ecclesiastes 1:9.

Ex-L 4cyl, White Pearl/Ivory
Honda factory LED Touring Headlight, 3M Di-NOC Bubinga wood vinyl dash trim, Horn Upgrade, LED interior, trunk, license, Splash Guards

II Kings 9:20-"The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi, for he driveth furiously."
post #6 of 11 Old 12-01-2017, 06:54 AM
Jimmy Rustler

In the Accord's projectors, Xenon > LED.

/thread

2017 Sport SE 6MT in San Marino Red
2012 Pilot EX-L w/ NAV (family truckster)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 11 Old 01-13-2018, 03:23 AM
What am I doing

H9 bulbs. NO LED/HID.
Attached Images
MackDaddy and rookie like this.

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. LESS IS MORE.
post #8 of 11 Old 01-13-2018, 05:14 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMRAccord View Post
H9 bulbs. NO LED/HID.
I know the lumen output on H9 halogen bulbs is larger than that of the H11 halogen bulbs which are optimized to last longer. Do you know if this generally applies to HID bulbs as well?

2017 WOP Accord Sport 6MT
Suntek 18% all around/35% on windshield
Avery Dennison Gloss Black Roof Wrap
Manzo Polycarbonate Window Visors
Morimoto XB 5500k HIDs
Full JDM ASTAR LED conversion (interior/exterior)
JDM ASTAR Switchbacks
JDM ASTAR LED Amber Rear Turn Signals
DIYCarModz PNP Resistors
Injen CAI
RV6 PCD
Megan Racing Test Pipe
Tsudo Catback Exhaust
Ktuner
OPT7 Aura LED Interior Lighting Kit
VViViD XPO Interior
Mishimoto Shift Knob
V1 Radar
Rexing V1 Dashcam
post #9 of 11 Old 01-13-2018, 08:32 AM
V6 9th Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe021 View Post
I recently purchased a 2014 Honda Accord Sports as my first car and the first thing I decided to do was switch out the stock headlights. Initially, I decided to make this change mostly for looks. However, after some time driving with it I have realized that it has also helped me drive safer with a better view. Looking through a few different types of LED headlights, I finally settled on the xxxxxx xx Series H11 headlights. After reading multiple reviews and viewing photos from past customers, I found that they were able to provide some very pure bright white lights at an affordable price. The 6000k light that these dual-beam headlights produced are simply put amazing.

I'm not an expert on LED headlights but here are some things I would like to share about these lights that I've purchased.

-------------------------------------------

1. Easy Installation
This is first time that I've ever switched out my headlights before so easy installation was very preferable for me. Upon receiving the lights, there was a pamphlet explaining step by step how to switch out the bulbs. They had a plug-ready driver ballast to connect to the factory housing that literally took 5 minutes to install.

2. Hi/Low dual fitament bulb
Although for the Accord the hi/low beam bulbs are seperate, these flip chips do provide both hi/low beams for vehicles that have both beams in one. I find that this all-in-one compact design is quite interesting and I would definitely keep that in mind for future purchases

3. Color
This was one of the most decisive factors in my own personal purchase choice. Compared to LED headlights that my friends have purchased for their cars I feel that these ones are able to procure a purer white color. At 6000k these lights provide a very pure and intense color with no glare.

4. Fans
The fans are built into the backside of the units cooling down the units as they do run hot. I do hear a slight whirring when my engine is off with my lights on so they are being continuously cooled.

5. Reach/View
From what I've seen, not only are the lights brighter but it feels as though they reach a wider view than with my halogen lights. It also has a nice bright beam pattern

6. Customer Service
The customer service for this company seems to be very good. After reading through the reviews I saw that they responded to almost every single one with problems quickly and tried to find a resolution for them. Not only that, they went out of their way to thank other customers that left just positive reviews as well.

It seems as though xxxxxx is still a smaller company but I can see that they are working hard to build a name for themselves. By providing great products supported by excellent customer service, I will continue to support this brand and hope to see them grow.
I used to have for my honda accord 2015 . Problem is the life. In 6 months I blew up two. Then decided to go with HID . Both HID and Led provide good light. Till head light LED technology becomes better I will keep HID xeon.
HID vs LED both are plug and play, both have good light only difference is the life which is a costly upgrade. When you can get HID much cheaper and more life why use LED. I had HID in my Mercedes and now in Accord . All LEDs though they say long life but in reality their life is lot less as compared to HID.
post #10 of 11 Old 01-13-2018, 06:24 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17wop6mtcr2 View Post
I know the lumen output on H9 halogen bulbs is larger than that of the H11 halogen bulbs which are optimized to last longer. Do you know if this generally applies to HID bulbs as well?
Quality HIDs should last very long since it doesn't use filament of any sort.

Same with quality LEDs.

That said, if you don't have the right optics, may as well stick with H9 as it gives you more useful light. If you want HIDs, it's the best to get the proper projectors as well. The Retrofit Source has some nice options to pick from.

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

post #11 of 11 Old Today, 10:03 AM
1st Gear

SMRAccord are those bulbs a specific brand?, they look brighter and somewhat whiter light out of your bulbs compared to my oem ones in my 2014 lx which i feel are somewhat yellowish, i would like to do the h9 bulb mod but would like more of a "white" look to the lights if possible, without going hid or led just yet.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.