Pandora not working on iphone. - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 11-08-2017, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Pandora not working on iphone.

Anyone else having issues getting Pandora to work? I'm getting "No Data" after it tries to connect. This has been the same since ios 11 was released. I even upgrade phones from a 7 plus to an X and both have the exact same issue. I woke up this morning to an update from Pandora hoping that it would fix it but no dice.

Anyone find a work around? It doesn't even work when plugged in via usb, just displays "no data".

Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 11-08-2017, 02:19 PM
3rd Gear

I am having the same issue with my 16 Sport. I just connect through bluetooth but some times is a hassle to connect, hopefully an update will solve this issue.

LLoose likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Juan102009 For This Useful Post:
LLoose (11-08-2017)
post #3 of 20 Old 11-08-2017, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Nice to know im not alone. I haven't been able to find any discussion on it anywhere besides a single thread on the apple website.

post #4 of 20 Old 11-08-2017, 06:14 PM
5th Gear

Hmm; don't use Pandora but I also have a different car with a different HU...

Have you tried contacting the Pandora team? I did it a few months ago when they had that "Pandora launches automatically when the phone connects to Bluetooth" bug and they actually got back to me pretty quickly (and the bug has been fixed since).

2017 Accord EX I4 w. Sensing Sedan
2005 Accord LX I4 Sedan > the one with a $2500 transmission rebuild
post #5 of 20 Old 11-09-2017, 07:39 PM
1st Gear

I am having a slightly different issue. Pandora connects, but the song title and artist doesn’t display. I can thumb up or down the song, switch stations etc. Every now and then the song title will pop up, but then quickly go away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to djs71a For This Useful Post:
LLoose (11-10-2017)
post #6 of 20 Old 11-10-2017, 07:03 AM
Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoose View Post
Anyone else having issues getting Pandora to work? I'm getting "No Data" after it tries to connect. This has been the same since ios 11 was released. I even upgrade phones from a 7 plus to an X and both have the exact same issue. I woke up this morning to an update from Pandora hoping that it would fix it but no dice.

Anyone find a work around? It doesn't even work when plugged in via usb, just displays "no data".
Having same issues since the iops updates Both the iPhone 7+ and iPhone 8+. I always use the USB because charge/better audio quality. What I find that works every time is once it connects you get the Pandora connection on the iPhone (black screen). I double click the home button, swipe up and kill the process. Then restart Pandora and it works every time.

2017 Sport SE 6MT in San Marino Red
2012 Pilot EX-L w/ NAV (family truckster)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to GolftangoV2 For This Useful Post:
LLoose (11-10-2017)
post #7 of 20 Old 11-10-2017, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I wish I could even get that far. It never makes it to accessory mode for me. It just loads right into the regular app and acts like its not connecting to anything. My display just shows "no data" on the bottom and the top says something about connecting my phone to the stereo (even though it is).
post #8 of 20 Old 11-11-2017, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I wrote to pandora support and heard back. The first email back gave me the run around saying to check with their generic help page. I explained a little better and the guy replied basically saying that he would "pass it on to the engineers". I guess we just have to wait for the update.
post #9 of 20 Old 11-15-2017, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Its kind of working now. Back to what it was before ios 11. It still disconnects and reconnects every minute or so but at least its working. I checked the app store and it was updated a week ago but its not updated yet for the iphone x resolution so I'm holding out hope that it will be fixed in that one.

If it doesn't load or shows no data, try making sure you have at least one regular mp3 loaded on your phone. I can confirm that if your phone doesn't have any local music, even just one mp3, it causes issue.
post #10 of 20 Old 11-15-2017, 08:52 AM
Not there yet, but soon™

R.I.P. Pandora.

Good to have the auxiliary 3.5 millimeter jack on the 2017.

Best
MONARK

2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Base - White Orchid Pearl
50 Mile commute round trip. Refuel once a month.

►Superb driving 63-64 average MPG >1K Miles on a Single Fuel Tank.
►Ultra conservative driving: 59-60 average MPG
►Conservative driving: 54-56 average MPG
►Not so conservative driving: 50-52 average MPG
►Mix Driving: 47-49 average MPG
►Floor it: ≥40 average MPG
►Floor it + Sport Mode: The number of Highway Patrol cars may vary.
post #11 of 20 Old 11-16-2017, 04:16 PM
2nd Gear

I'm also having the same issue since IOS11 siri eyes free doesn't always work. And sometimes when I answer a call it will disconnect from bluetooth and go into private mode...
post #12 of 20 Old 11-18-2017, 01:27 PM
2nd Gear

I was having issues with Pandora using BT too. It would keep disconnecting and reconnecting. I would also have issues bringing up the station list. I plugged it in to the USB port and everything worked like normal. I even tried removing the pairing from my car and adding my phone again but that didn't work either. Only solution was using Pandora connected via USB.

2014 Accord Sedan EX-L V-6
Alabaster Silver Metallic
post #13 of 20 Old 11-20-2017, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENN View Post
I was having issues with Pandora using BT too. It would keep disconnecting and reconnecting. I would also have issues bringing up the station list. I plugged it in to the USB port and everything worked like normal. I even tried removing the pairing from my car and adding my phone again but that didn't work either. Only solution was using Pandora connected via USB.
This is where i'm at right now. I was hoping that they would have released an update by now, but nothing has come down the pipe. Its not even updated for Iphone X and I would consider Pandora to be one of the high profile apps that would be the first to update.
post #14 of 20 Old 11-27-2017, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

A new update was just released! I cant test for another half hour but I'm really hopeful that it fixes the issues.

Edit: Still not formatted for Iphone X. I think that is coming in version 18. I hope they at least fixed some issues with this update even if its not a major one.

And.. nothing. Still has a very hard time connecting, and if/when it does connect, it still has to load data between every song and in the middle of long songs.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 01-10-2018 at 01:17 PM. Reason: merge
post #15 of 20 Old 01-10-2018, 01:11 PM
1st Gear

2017 Accord Sport.

two different phones, 6 and 8 and still not working.

Was this resolved? if so, how? I spoke to Honda and they are a bunch of losers.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.