Rear View Camera Replacement for Accord Touring 2014 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-21-2017, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Rear View Camera Replacement for Accord Touring 2014

Hi Guys,

My rear view or back up camera on my Honda Accord Touring 2014 broke. Part number 39530-T2A-A21. Right now I just see black screen with yellow lines on navigation screen.

I live in Canada Toronto and looking for replacement. My local Honda dealership is asking CND$294.15 for this part.
  • Do you guys know any aftermarket replacement with better resolution or additional features?
  • If there is no aftermarket replacement, is there any good places to buy QEM Honda rear view camera?

Look forward to your comments and thank you in advance.

All the Best,

Ildasm

Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-21-2017, 12:13 PM
5th Gear

you can probably retrofit any camera as long as you tap into the signal wires of the factory camera which should be video, power and ground.

post #3 of 10 Old 08-21-2017, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
you can probably retrofit any camera as long as you tap into the signal wires of the factory camera which should be video, power and ground.
Thank you for reply. I would only put camera that's direct fit and has all the features(multiangles) or otherwise QEM.

I will most likely buy QEM part from dealership if there are no better options

Last edited by namegoeshere; 08-31-2017 at 07:32 AM. Reason: merge

post #4 of 10 Old 08-21-2017, 02:13 PM
CVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ildasm View Post
I will most likely buy QEM part from dealership if there are no better options

2017 Accord Coupe | Touring | MSM
post #5 of 10 Old 08-21-2017, 03:25 PM
Rollin in FL

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ildasm View Post
Hi Guys,

My rear view or back up camera on my Honda Accord Touring 2014 broke. Part number 39530-T2A-A21. Right now I just see black screen with yellow lines on navigation screen.

I live in Canada Toronto and looking for replacement. My local Honda dealership is asking CND$294.15 for this part.
  • Do you guys know any aftermarket replacement with better resolution or additional features?
  • If there is no aftermarket replacement, is there any good places to buy QEM Honda rear view camera?

Look forward to your comments and thank you in advance.

All the Best,

Ildasm
Try College Hills Honda and see if they can give you a discount. Just go to Forums>Vendors and then click a thread named College Hills Honda. I had to order a part from them since my local Honda dealer was literally asking $361, but the SA told me to get the part from somewhere else for cheap, as he was telling us not to pay the $361 unless we have no option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mine:
Lucky- 1999 Honda Accord LX 2.3L 4AT- 113K (SSM)

Parents:
Pato- 2016 Nissan Rogue SL 2.5L CVT- 45k (ABM)
Lelu 2.0- 2017 Acura MDX w/ Tech 3.5L 9AT-- 3k (BCP)

Long gone:
Lelu- 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/navi & res 3.5L- 151k (SGM)(traded-in)
2004 Hyundia Elentra Hatchback GLS- Idk miles (Silver) totaled
post #6 of 10 Old 08-26-2017, 07:54 AM
My First Post

How are you going to install the camera? Mine broke, too, but the camera can't come out due to the chrome trim.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-27-2017, 04:27 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox262 View Post
How are you going to install the camera? Mine broke, too, but the camera can't come out due to the chrome trim.
You have to remove the chrome trim piece first. It's held in by a couple of bolts, I believe. You have to pull down the trunk lid liner in order to access them.

2017 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan - White Orchid Pearl/Ivory
KTuner, Philips Vision LED License Plate and Reverse Lights, Philips X-Treme Ultinon T20 Amber Rear Turn Signals, Sylvania ZEVO 7440R Brake Lights, exLED 3K LED Interior Kit, Sylvania ZEVO Red LED Door Courtesy Lights
post #8 of 10 Old 08-31-2017, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

The comment above is right and it is very easy to do too. It took me less than one hour to do. I am sure for other person it will take less as I washed and cleaned everything while I have parts off.
Attached Images
post #9 of 10 Old 02-04-2018, 12:55 PM
My First Post

Hi, thanks for your post. I am in the process of replacing my camera as well but I can't tell how to take off the chrome trim. I see a rectangular white plastic cap that looks like something I might remove but I'm not sure. Can you advise?
post #10 of 10 Old 02-04-2018, 07:14 PM
Happy Accord Owner

The chrome piece is easy to remove. Pull the carpeted liner off from the trunk lid. With the trunk open look at the area where the chrome piece sits and you’ll see one bolt (10mm I think) on each side of where the chrome piece is attached to the trunk lid. Take off the bolts and the chrome piece will literally pop off. No need to mess with the white rectangular plastic caps, as they sort of keep the chrome piece in place..greatly assisted by the two bolts.

As for the camera, check out EBay. With the chrome piece off, you can visually see the exact part number of the camera. Look it up on EBay. The ones I saw were going for under $100. Actually I found a brand new genuine OEM one for your Accord for $77.99 with free shipping. The seller who is in Mission, Texas, has nine left...however make sure the part number of yours *exactly* matches whatever camera part you order. Apparently there is more than one part number for the camera.
Advertisement

Tags
39530-t2a-a21, accord 14, rear view camera, replacement, touring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.