Is anyone aware of it?

Service Bulletin 16-059
May 19, 2017 05403 Version 1
Audio Unit and Navigation Unit Software Update

AFFECTED VEHICLES
Year Model Trim VIN Range
2016 Accord EX, EX-L, Touring ALL

BACKGROUND
There is a problem with the audio unit software, which may lead to one or more of the following symptoms:
• Double pairing renders Bluetooth inoperative.
• The second letter does not appear when typing in
the browser.
• When the talk button is pressed, an abnormal
sound is emitted.
• Remote start will cause the audio unit to boot up.
• XM channel display information will be
mismatched between screens.
• The screen is blank.
• The audio unit reboots.
• Navigation location accuracy improvements.
• Information missing (blank) on displays.
• The audio unit freezes or locks.
• The Trip A fuel history is missing.
• There is no sound from the audio unit.
• The artist information is missing on the upper
display.
• The presets are missing.
• There is no sound after driving for several
minutes.
• There is bad voice recognition at voice prompt.

MackDaddy likes this.
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 05-30-2017, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

Is it a TSB?

2016 Honda Accord Touring V6
post #3 of 55 Old 05-31-2017, 07:53 PM
5th Gear

I randomly have "Information missing (blank) on displays" and "The Trip A fuel history is missing" issues on my '16 Coupe EX CVT+Sensing.

Usually fixes itself the next time engine is started, but I can't see any pattern to when it happens. Just this past weekend, I manually reset Trip A and B after filling up. Current trip showed 0 when I started up after the fill, but Trip A still showed the total mileage accumulated in the previous Trip A (~430 miles) and didn't reset to 0. It kept adding the new miles onto the old Trip A number.

Next time I started, Trip A showed ~45 miles which was the correct number of miles done after the fill and attempted reset.

Sure hope this is a TSB because the dealer already thinks I'm crazy.

post #4 of 55 Old 06-27-2017, 05:15 PM
2nd Gear

I get the missing fuel history all the time. It remembers the miles, but only remembers the fuel about 15% of the time.

I've also seen the headend crash from time to time.

I'll ask about this next time I get my Accord EX serviced.
post #5 of 55 Old 06-30-2017, 08:32 AM
JasonR

Send a message via AIM to jreuschl Send a message via MSN to jreuschl Send a message via Yahoo to jreuschl
It is actually a TSB, posted by HondaGuy2 in the CarPlay issues thread:

2016 CarPlay problem

Apparently the USB device update part # is 07AAU-T2FA1A0 but I'm not finding that on sites like Majestic so maybe it isn't available yet.

Another issue I've seen is sometimes if I get a text read by Android Auto, the music stays playing in one speaker. Have to stop, restart the stream to fix.
MackDaddy likes this.
post #6 of 55 Old 06-30-2017, 12:03 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreuschl View Post
It is actually a TSB, posted by HondaGuy2 in the CarPlay issues thread:

2016 CarPlay problem

Apparently the USB device update part # is 07AAU-T2FA1A0 but I'm not finding that on sites like Majestic so maybe it isn't available yet.
That's not a part you'll be able to buy. That's Honda's internal part number for the USB stick the dealer will use to update the software in your car.

post #7 of 55 Old 07-01-2017, 05:49 PM
JasonR

Send a message via AIM to jreuschl Send a message via MSN to jreuschl Send a message via Yahoo to jreuschl
I swear I've seen Other USB updates have been available for end user to purchase.. But maybe that was someone supplying online from a dealer
post #8 of 55 Old 07-02-2017, 04:30 PM
1st Gear

I had it installed on Saturday. It's hard to say if it resolves anything yet. I'll report back after some more use.
MackDaddy likes this.
post #9 of 55 Old 07-08-2017, 10:11 AM
JasonR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasjava View Post
I had it installed on Saturday. It's hard to say if it resolves anything yet. I'll report back after some more use.
Are you still able to disable the software DSP with the update?
post #10 of 55 Old 07-11-2017, 05:45 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasjava View Post
I keep asking in various threads and keep not getting an answer.

How do you do this? How do you know if there is an update for your unit in the first place?

2017 Accord EX I4 w. Sensing Sedan
2005 Accord LX I4 Sedan
post #11 of 55 Old 07-11-2017, 05:58 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreuschl View Post
Are you still able to disable the software DSP with the update?
How do you disable DSP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie View Post
I keep asking in various threads and keep not getting an answer.

How do you do this? How do you know if there is an update for your unit in the first place?
I read it here. IMHO, there isn't a good notification system for TSBs. Recalls, Honda sends a letter. I don't think dealers can see or don't try to see if there are open TSBs. I called a Honda dealer and asked about it. The service person couldn't tell me if was applicable based on my VIN. I had to give the TSB number to the service rep when I brought the car in.
rookie likes this.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 09-26-2017 at 10:33 PM. Reason: merge
post #12 of 55 Old 08-05-2017, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

I received mine today and for the price under $30, I assume it is better than going to dealership for half day and having to tell them what's going on.
Knxwledge likes this.
post #13 of 55 Old 08-05-2017, 02:26 PM
1st Gear

Place to order the SW update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82801BA View Post
I received mine today and for the price under $30, I assume it is better than going to dealership for half day and having to tell them what's going on.
Hi,

Do you mind to share where you ordered the sw update?
I would like update mine but don't want to drop off my car for 1 day and go thru the hassle.

Thank you very much!
DarkHorseMBA likes this.
post #14 of 55 Old 08-05-2017, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahvl View Post
Hi,

Do you mind to share where you ordered the sw update?
I would like update mine but don't want to drop off my car for 1 day and go thru the hassle.

Thank you very much!
Just search for part number 07AAU-T2FA1A0 in Google and it should display several parts store and just order from either one of them. I have mine bought from hondapartsunlimited and it took almost 3 weeks to arrive.

And I do agree that going though the dealers are horrible experience. For me, anything less than $150 and can be handled with ease I will just take care of them myself.
post #15 of 55 Old 08-06-2017, 11:29 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82801BA View Post
Just search for part number 07AAU-T2FA1A0 in Google and it should display several parts store and just order from either one of them. I have mine bought from hondapartsunlimited and it took almost 3 weeks to arrive.

And I do agree that going though the dealers are horrible experience. For me, anything less than $150 and can be handled with ease I will just take care of them myself.
Sent you PM. Let me know if you want to sell your update after you have upgraded.

Want to avoid the dealership as much as possible.

After I'm done, I can sell to the next guy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Knxwledge likes this.

'16 Accord EX 6MT LSM
Advertisement

Tags
tsb 16-059

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.