Idatalink maestro - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
5Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 05-06-2016, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Idatalink maestro

Ok so everyone knows he stereo in our accord suck and so does the metra kit that has so many glitches they might as well stop keeping it in production, But I was wondering those of you on here that have changed your radio to an after market setup has anyone tried the maestro RR from Idatalink to retain the factory function that we lose when we swap head units.

Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 05-06-2016, 11:09 PM
2nd Gear

Looks promising! Good find!

2013 Honda Accord EX Coupe 6 speed I4
post #3 of 17 Old 05-07-2016, 04:31 AM
Out of Control

Garage
I emailed them back in February. This is the reply I received:

Quote:
Hi Terry,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, we do not have a solution for 2015 Honda at this time. I would recommend you follow our Facebook page to remain up to date on our progress:

Have a nice day,

Louis-Gil Levert | Customer Experience Manager

Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, Montreal, Quebec H4P 2G1 Canada

E
T 514.807.2888 x 7017
TF 866.427.2999 x 7017
F 514.807.2999

'15 MSM Accord Sport 6MT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 Old 05-07-2016, 07:23 AM
3rd Gear

I would like to request this thread be locked, deleted, burned, and thrown into the Mariana Trench for providing false hope
TMVB likes this.

Current:
16 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD 6AT (ours)

Past:
2014 Accord EX sedan ASM 6MT (sold)
2008 Civic EX sedan 5MT (sold)
1999 Civic Si coupe 5MT (sold)
1995 Integra GS-R hatch 5MT (wrecked)

VirginiaTechHokies

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
post #5 of 17 Old 05-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Acoustics BSEE

I stand by my decision to add a single din HU in the lower pocket, it provides factory function with aftermarket HU.

The Alpine PXA-H800 is a good option for simply correcting for the factory EQ and gaining 8 channel outputs. It can be fed from the factory HU directly (amplified outputs or RCA with my bypass).

2014 Accord Sport

2001 Accord EX V6

Electrical basics and Car Audio (click links below):

--

--
---
post #6 of 17 Old 05-07-2016, 10:05 AM
Out of Control

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
I stand by my decision to add a single din HU in the lower pocket, it provides factory function with aftermarket HU.

The Alpine PXA-H800 is a good option for simply correcting for the factory EQ and gaining 8 channel outputs. It can be fed from the factory HU directly (amplified outputs or RCA with my bypass).
If you don't need/want a touchscreen double-din, I agree. But I want to put a double-din unit in to get CarPlay.

Kils me that neither Metra, PAC, iDataLink nor any other aftermarket outfit has come up with a solution. Burying the factory HU is the only option at this point.

'15 MSM Accord Sport 6MT

post #7 of 17 Old 05-07-2016, 01:19 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMVB View Post
I emailed them back in February. This is the reply I received:
My car is a 2013 EX Coupe. It shows when I input my car there is a unit available.

2013 Honda Accord EX Coupe 6 speed I4
post #8 of 17 Old 05-07-2016, 01:31 PM
Out of Control

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclimation View Post
My car is a 2013 EX Coupe. It shows when I input my car there is a unit available.
There are plenty of products on their web site. Just not the adapter kit that will keep the factory iMid display running that I'm looking for.

'15 MSM Accord Sport 6MT

post #9 of 17 Old 05-07-2016, 01:35 PM
4th Gear

I have a 2016 EX sedan with touch screen...Want to keep everything look stock...Don't like the touch screen radio with built in amp though. I have done a retrofit for a 2012 Civic using EX coupe/Si radio before to get flat pre-amp level out and connect to amps. Hopefully will retrofit a pre-amp radio into the Accord (EX-L+ touch screen) then hard wire a compass unit to the rear deck. However the price of the radio is prohibitively high (~1200) that's keeping me from doing this, as there's no guarantee that it will work. Also the radio in all trim have different part number which is like a gambling to me to decide which one I should get.

I regret that I am a 6MT only guy otherwise I will have a TLX base or EX-L with pre-amp level to begin with.

Otherwise with iDatalink Maestro all functions are still lost...There's no way around. This is the difference between a Civic and an Accord: In a Civic iMID serves as the interface between car and driver and works independently even without a radio (hence the MENU button on steering wheel which controls all function), while in the Accord the radio is the brain and iMID serves only as a display.
post #10 of 17 Old 08-23-2016, 11:25 AM
1st Gear

If you do a search on their site, it does say that there is support for 2016 Honda Accord, and the installation instructions show 2013-2016 Honda Accord now.

The wiring diagram looks a bit weird to me though, it references a Bluetooth module in the center console, but ours are plugged into the HU aren't they?

ETA: Here is a direct link for the manual:
post #11 of 17 Old 08-23-2016, 11:34 AM
Out of Control

Garage
You have to read their description carefully and literally. It says "Retains Steering Wheel Control and Adds Gauges".

It does keep your steering wheel controls working. It does not keep the iMid running.

Edit: I just called them. Here's the gist of the phone call:

1 - No support yet to keep the iMid running.
2 - They are in the early stages of developing a solution for the Accord.
3 - Won't be ready until at least 2017.
4 - They just finished the Toyotas and Honda is next.
5 - Their engineers report that working on a kit for Honda is a PITA trying to solve because of how Honda engineered the system
6 - They want their Honda solution to be just as good as the others so won't release it until they have everything worked out.
keep_hope_alive and shirkin like this.

'15 MSM Accord Sport 6MT

Last edited by TMVB; 08-23-2016 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Added info from iDataLink
post #12 of 17 Old 08-23-2016, 12:45 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
You have to read their description carefully and literally. It says "Retains Steering Wheel Control and Adds Gauges".

It does keep your steering wheel controls working. It does not keep the iMid running.

1 - No support yet to keep the iMid running.
2 - They are in the early stages of developing a solution for the Accord.
3 - Won't be ready until at least 2017.
4 - They just finished the Toyotas and Honda is next.
5 - Their engineers report that working on a kit for Honda is a PITA trying to solve because of how Honda engineered the system
6 - They want their Honda solution to be just as good as the others so won't release it until they have everything worked out.
Nice, thanks for doing the legwork on that. I didn't call, I just sent an e-mail with those questions .

Figured it would just be steering wheel controls and gauges, but was curious about the rest.

Here is to hoping that they can make it EARLY 2017 ha!
post #13 of 17 Old 08-23-2016, 02:14 PM
5th Gear

Quote:

1 - No support yet to keep the iMid running....
But they're working on it?

That's good news if true.

Judging from how long it took Metra to ship their buggy crap, I'm not going to wait around and will keep pursuing burying the factory head unit.
keep_hope_alive likes this.

2014 Accord Hybrid EX-L in Obsidian Blue Pearl

post #14 of 17 Old 08-25-2016, 09:07 PM
Out of Control

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeshifter View Post
But they're working on it?

That's good news if true.
So you're telling me theres a chance!

broly10000 likes this.

'15 MSM Accord Sport 6MT

post #15 of 17 Old 12-01-2017, 10:39 AM
generalorhan

Any update on this?

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.