Where is my ECU located? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-27-2016, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Where is my ECU located?

I own a 2014 EX-L V6 NAVI. I need to reset the ECU but cant seem to find its location. Any help?

post #2 of 5 Old 04-27-2016, 10:33 AM

You reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery. There's no reset button on it....I think....

Why do you need to reset?....

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #3 of 5 Old 04-27-2016, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I've tried disconnecting the negative terminal but that didn't do the trick. I feel the connection on the ECU my be dirty or loose. I just drove the car from San Diego to Tampa Florida and she is not shifting or accelerating the same as before. It's like it is confused when to go and shift. I changed the intake filter and the MAF sensor and that helped a bit because it got pretty dirty during the trip but it still isn't right. A problem that I've discovered while trouble shooting is that the car will not communicate with an OBD2 code reader. I've tried 2. So I want to disconnect the ECU and re connect it to see what result it will yield.

Please let me know what suggestions you have if any.

post #4 of 5 Old 04-27-2016, 12:44 PM
Something Cliché Here

What codes do you have? Some cheap code readers do not always work.
However the V6 PCM is on the passenger side under hood near fender. Has 3 plugs in it and has a cover over it.

2008 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi.
HID Low's
LED Fogs
Light Smoked Tails
Sport Spoiler
19x8.5 +35 Niche Ritz Wheels
LED Interior

post #5 of 5 Old 04-27-2016, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks. I found it. I'm not getting any codes at all. I disconnected all three plugs and re connected them, took it for a drive and the problem still consists. The code reader I'm using is not a cheapo either. I checked the voltage on the connector with a meter and checks good. Still at a loss with this issue.

ecu reset

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.