Morimoto Elite HID's- Installed- 2016 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
13Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 65 Old 04-22-2016, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Morimoto Elite HID's- Installed- 2016

Hello, I am a new member and new happy owner of a 2016 Accord.
I had Xenon HID's on my last daily driver, and I was not about to go backwards in technology to Halogens.

Night and day difference- no pun intended. I have to say the halogen projectors were bright, but these are considerbly brighter than the stock halogens. Yeah, no surprise there.
The color is very close in match to the new LED DRL's and LED fog lights. LED's just seem to have a slightly different pure white color to them, if that makes sense, than HID's, at least in my limited experience.
As always, the pictures do not do enough justice.

Before Pics

Name: Stock Halogens (1).jpg
Views: 2186
Size: 47.3 KB

Name: Stock Halogens (2).jpg
Views: 2069
Size: 60.5 KB

After- HIDs installed

Name: HIDs_ day time (4).jpg
Views: 2051
Size: 41.0 KB

Name: HIDs_ day time (2).jpg
Views: 2035
Size: 66.5 KB

Name: HIDs only- No fog.jpg
Views: 2035
Size: 36.5 KB

Catfisha, Knxwledge and dozerguy like this.
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 Old 04-23-2016, 04:21 AM
4th Gear

Looks good. What color temp?

post #3 of 65 Old 04-23-2016, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

They are 5500K 35W Kit.
I will post a pic of the OEM Halogens light output for comparison to the above HID's.

post #4 of 65 Old 04-23-2016, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

OEM Halogen's light output.
I was limited to only 5 pics in initial post.
Also fog lights were turned off in all these pics.

[IMG]/
post #5 of 65 Old 05-02-2016, 10:54 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelrob View Post
OEM Halogen's light output.
I was limited to only 5 pics in initial post.
Also fog lights were turned off in all these pics.

[IMG]/>
Looks good. Quick question - are these the H11A or H11B bulbs?

Thanks!

2013 Alabaster Silver Metallic Honda Accord Sport CVT
- Morimoto Elite H11 6500K
- LEDs interior and exterior (license plate, parking strip, foglights)
post #6 of 65 Old 05-04-2016, 08:02 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiryuu View Post
Looks good. Quick question - are these the H11A or H11B bulbs?

Thanks!
They are H11B
post #7 of 65 Old 05-05-2016, 05:02 PM
OEMPlus

Same setup on my Sport!

XB35 5500k bulbs.

Knxwledge likes this.
post #8 of 65 Old 05-06-2016, 05:53 PM
My First Post

Are both u guys happy with these hids? Would u choose the 6500k/ do u think they would match better than the 5500k
post #9 of 65 Old 05-06-2016, 06:30 PM
2016 Sport CVT- Obs. Blue

Great pics and post (I'm also a new owner). How easy was the installation? I have big hands so some of the spaces near the bulbs look a little tight...
post #10 of 65 Old 05-06-2016, 09:13 PM
OEMPlus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshootjoel View Post
Are both u guys happy with these hids? Would u choose the 6500k/ do u think they would match better than the 5500k
Really happy with the color match & light output, but I'm experiencing a problem with them : they shake on some bumps.

They're pretty tight so I don't really know where to start looking. OP, do you have the same problem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by therritz18 View Post
Great pics and post (I'm also a new owner). How easy was the installation? I have big hands so some of the spaces near the bulbs look a little tight...
Installation is really easy, installing driver side bulb is the hard part if you have big hands.
teezythakidd likes this.
post #11 of 65 Old 05-06-2016, 11:46 PM
4th Gear

Installing the hid on the driver side was a PITA! good luck lol
post #12 of 65 Old 05-07-2016, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Yes, I am happy, they really light up the road. The OEM halogens are in my opinion very good as well, but these are definately a step up, that you will notice.
No shaking on mine. Roads are all smooth surfaced here.
I will say this, they were a in my opinion difficult to insert the bulb and then turn clock wise, to lock them in. They seem to have a thick rubber O-ring/gasket which I assume is for a tight seal. The OEM's went in easier. I was afraid to apply to much force and damage the new bulbs but I was careful as I could be and my fingers were sore from turning.
So Rick66 assuming you got the same kit from same supplier, maybe you did not insert/seat them fully and they are wobbling in the entry of the projector housing. Based on my experience installing these HID' bulbs, I do not see how they could shake/move at all.
Yes, I have large hands, I would'nt say huge, but normal size and it was difficult, esp on the driver side.
Mounting the ballasts in an out of the way area, is probably the most tedious. I fabbed some brackets and put one next to battery and the other far side corner of passenger side. If someone wants to see pics, let me know. I may relocate them, but the wiring harness does not have much slack, so your limited.
post #13 of 65 Old 05-07-2016, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshootjoel View Post
I would avoid the 6500K. You have less lumens and you going to have more of bluish tint/color vs. the pure white of the 5500K temp color.
I have been told the 4300K is typicaly OEM factory HID color, which has a hint of yellow, but I also have an Acura with factory OEM HID's, and there is not yellow that I can see on those and they are very bright, like these that I installed on the Honda.
UNLTD1487 likes this.
post #14 of 65 Old 05-07-2016, 12:51 PM
6th Gear

It looks like there is an anti-flicker capacitor available with the kit for +$15. Maybe that would help?

Side note to OP: good call on the sport grille. I had the dealership swap mine out for that one as well before delivery. Looks much better than stock.

Current:
2016 EX-L V6 w/ Navi/Sensing Sedan Black/Ivory
2013 EX-L V6 w/ Navi Sedan Black/Ivory *TRADED*
2016 Acura RDX w/ tech pkg White/Parchment
2003 EX-L V6 Sedan Black/Tan
2008 CRV EX AWD Black/Black

Previous:
1999 EX-L 4 Cyl. Sedan
1997 EX-L V6
post #15 of 65 Old 05-08-2016, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDMaccord View Post
It looks like there is an anti-flicker capacitor available with the kit for +$15. Maybe that would help?

Side note to OP: good call on the sport grille. I had the dealership swap mine out for that one as well before delivery. Looks much better than stock.
I asked about the anti-flicker capacitor and they told me it was not needed. Something is loose with his, most likely the bulb.

Thanks, yes my sales dude, had a black 2016 touring with the sport grill on his as well as some Coilovers, and some HFP wheels he had installed. Looks good. I had also requested them not drill the bumper for the license plate.

UNLTD1487 and Catfisha like this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.