HELP! Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay not working - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
3Likes
  • 1 Post By keviper23
  • 1 Post By 08EX-L
  • 1 Post By enne
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 12-07-2015, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

HELP! Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay not working

Hi All,

So over the past couple days my iPhone 6 Plus won't play music over bluetooth or Apple CarPlay. The music shows as playing on my phone, but there is no sound through the speakers. My volume is turned up all the way on my phone.

Not sure what is causing this issue? I removed the phone from the system and re-synced it and it's still having the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a quick fix? Thanks!!!

Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-07-2015, 04:44 AM
6th Gear

Garage
Try rebooting the iPhone before anything else.

2017 Accord Touring Sedan | WOP/Ivory
Previous:
2013 EX-L i4/CVT Coupe | WOP | Black/Ivory
post #3 of 15 Old 12-07-2015, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN9thSi View Post
Try rebooting the iPhone before anything else.

Yeah I tried that a few times and no help.

Sent from

post #4 of 15 Old 12-07-2015, 06:00 AM
2nd Gear

Does your car say connected to bluetooth?

2016 Accord Touring V6 - Crystal Black Pearl
post #5 of 15 Old 12-07-2015, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsabe View Post
Does your car say connected to bluetooth?

Yes. Sorry, should have mentioned that phone calls aren't a problem at all. The album artwork comes up when I connect it to CarPlay and the songs switch, and I can adjust volume. Just can't actually hear anything.

Sent from
post #6 of 15 Old 12-07-2015, 07:28 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
I've had this problem with my cassette to AUX adapter occasionally, when playing music or audio books. Unfortunately for you I can fix mine by ejecting the cassette adapter and flipping it over or just reinserting it.

I don't think it's anything wrong with your phone. Do you have it plugged into a charger when this occurs? Have you tried another device to try and replicate the problem?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan 2.2 LN2 138K Sandrift Metallic
post #7 of 15 Old 12-07-2015, 06:14 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by keviper23 View Post
Yes. Sorry, should have mentioned that phone calls aren't a problem at all. The album artwork comes up when I connect it to CarPlay and the songs switch, and I can adjust volume. Just can't actually hear anything.

Sent from
I know this sounds rudimentary but "flip up" the sub menu on the bottom of your screen and make sure the phone is set to play audio on Bluetooth. It possible that it's playing out of your phone speakers and you have that volume down so low (or on mute) that you can't hear it. I've had this happen a few times.

If not that try playing Bluetooth off one of those portable speakers or something similar. I'm sure someone you know has one. That could at least isolate the problem to phone vs. car.

Current:
16 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD 6AT (ours)

Past:
2014 Accord EX sedan ASM 6MT (sold)
2008 Civic EX sedan 5MT (sold)
1999 Civic Si coupe 5MT (sold)
1995 Integra GS-R hatch 5MT (wrecked)

VirginiaTechHokies

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
post #8 of 15 Old 12-07-2015, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B16a2Alumni View Post
I know this sounds rudimentary but "flip up" the sub menu on the bottom of your screen and make sure the phone is set to play audio on Bluetooth. It possible that it's playing out of your phone speakers and you have that volume down so low (or on mute) that you can't hear it. I've had this happen a few times.

If not that try playing Bluetooth off one of those portable speakers or something similar. I'm sure someone you know has one. That could at least isolate the problem to phone vs. car.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I checked my volume on my phone and it was already all the way up.

This is what I did and it fixed the issue:

1). Deleted phone from Honda system.

2). Deleted Honda system from phone Bluetooth.

3). "Forgot" apple CarPlay device on iPhone.

4). Went through Bluetooth setup on Honda system.

Once I deleted everything from both my phone and the car everything's worked fine. We will see if it continues to be an issue or not, but for now it's working just fine.

Thanks all!

Sent from
enne likes this.
post #9 of 15 Old 12-08-2015, 04:54 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by keviper23 View Post
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I checked my volume on my phone and it was already all the way up.

This is what I did and it fixed the issue:

1). Deleted phone from Honda system.

2). Deleted Honda system from phone Bluetooth.

3). "Forgot" apple CarPlay device on iPhone.

4). Went through Bluetooth setup on Honda system.

Once I deleted everything from both my phone and the car everything's worked fine. We will see if it continues to be an issue or not, but for now it's working just fine.

Thanks all!

Sent from
If I had a nickel for every time I had to do this....

Great to hear it worked out.

Current:
16 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD 6AT (ours)

Past:
2014 Accord EX sedan ASM 6MT (sold)
2008 Civic EX sedan 5MT (sold)
1999 Civic Si coupe 5MT (sold)
1995 Integra GS-R hatch 5MT (wrecked)

VirginiaTechHokies

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
post #10 of 15 Old 12-08-2015, 07:01 AM
2015 Accord Touring I4

Quote:
Originally Posted by enne View Post
I've had this problem with my cassette to AUX adapter occasionally, when playing music or audio books. Unfortunately for you I can fix mine by ejecting the cassette adapter and flipping it over or just reinserting it.
haha this made me laugh. I use to rock the adapter in my old 96.

enne likes this.

2015 Honda Accord Sedan Touring NAVI I4 CVT White Orchard Pearl
2011 Toyota Venza Premium V6 AWD 6AT Blizzard Pearl
2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
2005 Acura TSX I4 5AT Premium White Pearl (Sold)
2002 Honda Civic Coupe SiG Veloz I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
post #11 of 15 Old 12-08-2015, 09:59 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
Yup, I have a Sony one I got a at a yard sale for like $0.50 this summer. Works a heck of a lot better than the ones you get at the store nowadays. The sound is actually pretty okay. Too bad my speakers aren't so hot...lol

I've used the cassette adapter in the Exploder, the minivan and now it's in my Accord. The Exploder had a CD player but it crapped out...luckily the tape deck hung on for a while, but now that takes a dump once in a while too and spits the tape out.

post #12 of 15 Old 12-09-2015, 06:36 AM
2015 Accord Touring I4

Quote:
Originally Posted by enne View Post
Yup, I have a Sony one I got a at a yard sale for like $0.50 this summer. Works a heck of a lot better than the ones you get at the store nowadays. The sound is actually pretty okay. Too bad my speakers aren't so hot...lol

I've used the cassette adapter in the Exploder, the minivan and now it's in my Accord. The Exploder had a CD player but it crapped out...luckily the tape deck hung on for a while, but now that takes a dump once in a while too and spits the tape out.
Why not throw in a new head unit with some Carplay, Bluetooth, CD etc. I would in my car but too difficult to integrate into the dash.. those 1999s were just asking for a new head unit.

2015 Honda Accord Sedan Touring NAVI I4 CVT White Orchard Pearl
2011 Toyota Venza Premium V6 AWD 6AT Blizzard Pearl
2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
2005 Acura TSX I4 5AT Premium White Pearl (Sold)
2002 Honda Civic Coupe SiG Veloz I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
post #13 of 15 Old 12-09-2015, 08:13 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08EX-L View Post
Why not throw in a new head unit with some Carplay, Bluetooth, CD etc...those 1999s were just asking for a new head unit.
I just ordered a new Sony stereo and set of front speakers last night for her. Can't wait to install them I'll add them to my modifications thread when I do.

And I agree, the OEM head unit is ugly AF.
08EX-L likes this.

post #14 of 15 Old 12-10-2015, 04:31 PM
1st Gear

iPhone Car Play is a waste and is buggy

My major complaints:
1) Can't use carplay if an ipod is already plugged into USB port in center console - Honda in california admits to this bug - which is a safety issue
2) unit freezes at times
3) apps are worthless
4) Making a phone call via siri gets confused with the bluetooth connection - causes freezes
5) hondalink is worthless
6) so difficult to set up wifi to say public comcast or optonline hot spots
7) documentation ... what documentation it is pathetic (just as pathetic as the homelink errors in the paper user manual)
8) Voice recognition is error prone

I had a deposit on a 2016 VW diesel Golf sportswagen with car play, and I had a vin, but when the proverbial sh1t hit the fan, I got my deposit back and bought a 6speed stick accord 2016 - happy with the car, but the carplay really really sucks.

Folks that have the VW rave about it, if its the same implementation, I don't understand what is so great.
post #15 of 15 Old 02-01-2016, 09:51 AM
1st Gear

My solution to error that "device not compatible" when trying to use iPhone 6 with CarPlay in 2016 Honda Accord EX:

Go to iPhone Settings -> General -> Restrictions. Find "CarPlay" and turn off restriction.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.