2016 Accord Garmin map update? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
2Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 11-13-2015, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

2016 Accord Garmin map update?

Anyone able to get the car registered on you computer. I have a 2016 Pilot and was able to register the car in the Garmin Express app. When I try with my Accord it says that the Accord is not compatible. Anyone have any luck with this?

If you're unaware you'll need to go to and download and install Garmin Express. Then you'll need a 16gb USB drive and follow the directions.

Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 11-14-2015, 07:29 AM
Retired IT Dude

I'll give it a shot and post my results. I've been using Garmin Express with my 3597 for quite some time without issue. Hope we can get this ironed out!

Thanks,
Jim

Same results Bird Man. I'll send Garmin an email later tonight.. see what they say!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lunar Silver / Black

Last edited by namegoeshere; 11-18-2015 at 08:34 PM.
post #3 of 33 Old 11-14-2015, 08:35 AM
1st Gear

The same thing happened to me yesterday with my 2016 Accord. "Device is not compatible". The told me that since there were no updates available this was normal, but offered to register the device for me. I accepted, and received an email saying that they had registered the car. I tried Garmin Express again but it's still showing the same message: "Device is not compatible".

post #4 of 33 Old 11-14-2015, 09:14 AM
Retired IT Dude

Go to know Jolfe. I'll call and register mine as well.

Thanks for sharing brother

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lunar Silver / Black
post #5 of 33 Old 11-14-2015, 09:16 AM
6th Gear

Why would there be an upgrade already? What are you worrying about?
post #6 of 33 Old 11-14-2015, 09:20 AM
Retired IT Dude

Me personally, not worried. Just so used to lifetime updates on the 3597, if Garmin will do the same for the OE Accord unit that would be perfect.

Realized there shouldn't be any updates already... but doesn't hurt to check.

Now if they'd update the unit to display the current vehicle speed like my 3597....

Lunar Silver / Black
post #7 of 33 Old 11-14-2015, 09:27 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezyPoofs View Post
Why would there be an upgrade already? What are you worrying about?
There's an upgrade already: 2016 maps. I got it for another device I have. The 2016 car still has 2015 maps. I just want to make sure I can get the upgrade when it's available, and Garmin Express isn't working with my car as it should.
MackDaddy likes this.
post #8 of 33 Old 11-14-2015, 09:49 AM
Retired IT Dude

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolfe View Post
There's an upgrade already: 2016 maps.
Sweet! didn't realize it's loaded with a 2015 map. Excellent. We'll get this figured out, don't fret. All good things come with time..

Lunar Silver / Black
post #9 of 33 Old 11-14-2015, 11:34 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Just so used to lifetime updates on the 3597, if Garmin will do the same for the OE Accord unit that would be perfect.
Free map updates only for 5 years, it seems...
post #10 of 33 Old 11-14-2015, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

It's not a matter of not having updates available. Registering the car will send you a notification when an update is available. This way you register and forget about it until you get notified about the update.
MackDaddy likes this.
post #11 of 33 Old 11-15-2015, 07:12 AM
Retired IT Dude

Quote:
Free map updates only for 5 years, it seems...
That's fine for now.. in 5 years we can beg Garmin to continue (if they haven't already converted it to lifetime.)

All good info here folks. I emailed a request to register and get email notifications for Map/Firmware updates.

Now for the firmware update to show current vehicle speed (like I posted earlier.) This would be great. Makes it so much nicer when on the road to see...

Rock on

Lunar Silver / Black
post #12 of 33 Old 11-15-2015, 07:45 AM
1st Gear

I got the same message for the serial number not being compatible. Are you guys contacting garmin or honda for this?
post #13 of 33 Old 11-15-2015, 11:48 AM
Retired IT Dude

I just followed the link in Garmin Express and chose to send a customer service event to Garmin (it asks for the serial number, of which you now have.) Easy enough..

Lunar Silver / Black
post #14 of 33 Old 11-15-2015, 04:50 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
There's an upgrade already: 2016 maps. I got it for another device I have. The 2016 car still has 2015 maps. I just want to make sure I can get the upgrade when it's available, and Garmin Express isn't working with my car as it should.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackDaddy View Post
Sweet! didn't realize it's loaded with a 2015 map. Excellent. We'll get this figured out, don't fret. All good things come with time..

I've been told that when you buy a car with factory nav the maps are 2 years behind. I don't know how truthful that is though.
post #15 of 33 Old 11-15-2015, 05:18 PM
Retired IT Dude

Not all factory nav implementations are created equal. Some are right up to date, others not so much. My car was made earlier this month! That's fresh... Lol!

May not be the freshest map set loaded, but close enough for now.

Lunar Silver / Black
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.