2016 Accord Sport Headlight low-beam bulb? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
3Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 11-11-2015, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Cool 2016 Accord Sport Headlight low-beam bulb?

What size bulb is in the low-beam of the 2016 Accord Sport Sedan? Is it still H11? (Looking for HID Kit)

Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 11-11-2015, 09:22 AM
6th Gear

Yes still h11.

13 EX 6MT MSM
99 Civic Turbo 480whp
post #3 of 19 Old 11-11-2015, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thank you!

post #4 of 19 Old 06-27-2016, 06:24 PM
My First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyden View Post
Yes still h11.
quick question. i am looking at h11 hid bulbs on amazon.com and they have an option to enter in your vehicle information to see if the bulb fits. i've entered in 2016 honda accord and it says h11 doesn't fit. i've read that our bulb is h11 but i am wondering why it doesn't register on certain websites as being "fit" for 2016 accords ... is there something i am missing?
post #5 of 19 Old 06-27-2016, 06:30 PM
1st Gear

It will fit. I had my high and low beam replaced and got H11 light installed.
post #6 of 19 Old 06-27-2016, 09:49 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewhuy View Post
What size bulb is in the low-beam of the 2016 Accord Sport Sedan? Is it still H11? (Looking for HID Kit)
HID kits are not good. You have to retrofit with proper TL or S2000 projectors.

Here is your easiest website to get retrofit parts. I am buying mine next month and driving to NY to install it.

Current:
2016 Scion iM 6MT

Past:
2016 Honda Accord EX 6MT
2014 Acura RDX Tech AWD
2014 Acura TSX Tech
2007 Honda Accord SE
2004 Honda Element EX
post #7 of 19 Old 06-27-2016, 11:07 PM
Cruisin'

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by have2ride View Post
HID kits are not good. You have to retrofit with proper TL or S2000 projectors.

Here is your easiest website to get retrofit parts. I am buying mine next month and driving to NY to install it.

Dude, Accords 2013+ come with projectors.
No retrofit needed.
namngo1 go ahead and get your HID kit.

Here is a bulb chart for your viewing pleasure:
Attached Images

Last edited by versedispersed; 06-28-2016 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Corrected mention.
post #8 of 19 Old 06-28-2016, 02:00 AM
4th Gear

2016 Accord Sport Headlight low-beam bulb?

Lightwerkz will set up up with unbelievable output in a retrofit. An S2000 will blow out any bulb you can put in the factory projector. I'm doing my retro soon.

This is my S2000 projector after I tuned them

Camera doesn't pick up the width but it's ridiculous. This was just one projector.

Also an HIDPLANET member is selling a mint pair of S2000 projectors. He's been trying to sell for awhile. You might be able to offer $180 for them. Good seller too. I bought the Denso ballast he was selling a few months back.
Solex and have2ride like this.
post #9 of 19 Old 06-28-2016, 09:59 AM
Cruisin'

Garage
Stick with the stock projectors so you won't blind in coming traffic.
While the projector pics above provide great light output, consider other drivers.
You will save money as well.
post #10 of 19 Old 06-28-2016, 10:10 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by versedispersed View Post
Stick with the stock projectors so you won't blind in coming traffic.
While the projector pics above provide great light output, consider other drivers.
You will save money as well.

A proper retrofit will not blind on coming traffic. As you can see with that projector there is no light above the cutoff. As long as those are aimed where your stock cutoff is you're golden. Adding anything other than halogens to a halogen projector is more likely to blind on coming traffic.
have2ride likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to PTKiLiGhT For This Useful Post:
have2ride (06-29-2016)
post #11 of 19 Old 06-28-2016, 10:38 AM
Cruisin'

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTKiLiGhT View Post
A proper retrofit will not blind on coming traffic. As you can see with that projector there is no light above the cutoff. As long as those are aimed where your stock cutoff is you're golden. Adding anything other than halogens to a halogen projector is more likely to blind on coming traffic.
I understand where you are coming from. It's more preference and proper alignment as you hhave said basically. But in your screenshots the horizon of light output is higher than a normal cars cutoff. Which is why I even brought up blinding other drivers. I'm not here to argue.
I also recommended using the stock projectors to save namngo1 some money. I was looking out for their best interest. Good day, cheerio!
post #12 of 19 Old 06-28-2016, 10:46 AM
4th Gear

2016 Accord Sport Headlight low-beam bulb?

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from. It's more preference and proper alignment as you hhave said basically. But in your screenshots the horizon of light output is higher than a normal cars cutoff. Which is why I even brought up blinding other drivers. I'm not here to argue.

I also recommended using the stock projectors to save the OP some money. I was looking out for their best interest. Good day, cheerio!

That's just a picture of the projector. It's not installed in a headlight. As you can see its sitting in the trunk of my old car to get get some output shots

Also in the video I posted I am moving the projector up and down with my hands.

Sticking with the halogen projector will definitely save you money but if you are looking to do something it may be best to either drop in a 4G TL or another projector if you're skilled enough or can send it out to be done.
post #13 of 19 Old 06-28-2016, 10:51 AM
Cruisin'

Garage
I think there was a misunderstanding. I recommended HID, not Halogens.
Anywho, no big deal.
namngo1 it's up to you!
post #14 of 19 Old 06-28-2016, 11:08 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
I think there was a misunderstanding. I recommended HID, not Halogens.
Anywho, no big deal.

OP it's up to you!

True that! I'm only here for info and suggestions. All up to you op
post #15 of 19 Old 06-29-2016, 12:52 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTKiLiGhT View Post
Lightwerkz will set up up with unbelievable output in a retrofit. An S2000 will blow out any bulb you can put in the factory projector. I'm doing my retro soon.

This is my S2000 projector after I tuned them

Camera doesn't pick up the width but it's ridiculous. This was just one projector.

Also an HIDPLANET member is selling a mint pair of S2000 projectors. He's been trying to sell for awhile. You might be able to offer $180 for them. Good seller too. I bought the Denso ballast he was selling a few months back.
This is amazing! Thank you for retrofitting. Can you match other OEM ballasts? I remember TRS recommended Mitsubishi for Accords, but they don't have them in stock anymore. I wonder what would be a good choice, I am trying to stick to OEM only. I looked at Denso as well.

Current:
2016 Scion iM 6MT

Past:
2016 Honda Accord EX 6MT
2014 Acura RDX Tech AWD
2014 Acura TSX Tech
2007 Honda Accord SE
2004 Honda Element EX
Advertisement

Tags
2012+, 2016, bulb, h11, headlight, hid kit, size

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.