what happens if a bulb in the LED DRL strip goes out? - Page 7 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
15Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #91 of 101 Old 10-09-2017, 04:42 PM
3rd Gear

I went ahead and got my driver's side headlight replaced at the stealership. If it wasn't for warranty I definelty wouldn't have bothered. Hundreds of dollars to replace as I was told by my usual advisor which I already knew.

It's funny he told me a story of how he just had another customer who's third high mount brake light needed to be replaced. She has a 13-15 accord, 230 bucks just for that one light. Said she was swearing, I would be too if I had to fork over that much cash out of pocket. I would've been right on one of the outsource Honda parts sites and figured out how to fix it myself just like the headlights...

MrLittlejohn likes this.

Current: 2016 Accord EX MSM
No more 2013 LX BRP II (poor lil tink tink)
Mods: (Coming eventually)
------------------
Advertisement

post #92 of 101 Old 10-14-2017, 09:37 PM
V6 9th Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTKiLiGhT View Post
I can confirm there are two sources of LED's filling into the acrylic rods

First led. Located in the top right or left depending on what side of the headlight you're on (closest to the blinker)

These two are located more in the middle of the headlight and feed into another acrylic rod

Extra: someone drew hearts on the top of the circuit board haha
I think I have solution for this. I ordered from ebay a pair of touring headlights. Though I have 2015 which has leds but want to face lift only lights.
The lights which I bought from ebay ( just for 450 which I gave as offer the lights do not have any scratch) has same issue, lower leds for both not working. But I think I can custome design and replace with other same power leds with module and will place module outside the light housing and will make hole for lid and cover with a small lid in case if I want to replace led. I have to customize those lights. As i have work and house projects so will do it slowly as I am not in hurry because my headlights are working these are just upgrades.. Will post once I am done

post #93 of 101 Old 11-11-2017, 01:38 PM
1st Gear

The drivers strip went out on mine
Repaired under warranty.

post #94 of 101 Old 12-21-2017, 05:35 AM
1st Gear

Aftermarket assemblies

I see there are Chinese aftermarket assemblies for sale now, when I checked last fall they were not available for the 2016 and up Accords. Still for a pair they want $750, give it another year and price will drop in half when more sellers start selling them.
If your out of warranty its another option unless Honda comes down in price.

post #95 of 101 Old 01-13-2018, 06:42 PM
1st Gear

2017 Touring LED headlight burnt out. Is it covered under warranty?

Ok I know this is a n00b question but I simply don't know, but my left headlight low beam already burnt out on my '17 V6 Touring after only a year. Are the replacement LEDs covered under warranty? If not does anyone know a good brand to use? I'm guessing buying the factory replacements at the dealership would be a ripoff, but I do like the look of the stock LED's.

2017 Honda Accord V6 Touring Sedan
post #96 of 101 Old 01-13-2018, 06:44 PM
6th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0tent View Post
Ok I know this is a n00b question but I simply don't know, but my left headlight low beam already burnt out on my '17 V6 Touring after only a year. Are the replacement LEDs covered under warranty? If not does anyone know a good brand to use? I'm guessing buying the factory replacements at the dealership would be a ripoff, but I do like the look of the stock LED's.
Perhaps ask the dealer service department and/or consult your warranty manual?

2015 Accord Coupe EX-L HFP V6 M6 in WOP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rich
post #97 of 101 Old 01-13-2018, 07:30 PM
5th Gear

The entire headlight has to be replaced. You cant just replace the LEDs. It should be covered under your 3/36 warranty.
post #98 of 101 Old 01-15-2018, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

Anyone know the led bulb type on a '17 Touring for low beams? The stupid manual just says LED.... well what kind?

post #99 of 101 Old 01-15-2018, 03:00 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0tent View Post
Anyone know the led bulb type on a '17 Touring for low beams? The stupid manual just says LED.... well what kind?
It doesn't matter since you can't buy the LEDs individually. If one goes out, you replace the $1,140.87 headlamp assembly.

Take care of your pennies and your dollars will take care of themselves.
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E - White Diamond Pearl with black interior
2017 Honda Civic Si sedan - Rallye Red with black interior
post #100 of 101 Old 01-15-2018, 03:04 PM

Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,361 Posts
I don't think that guy is reading the replies....
zroger73 likes this.
post #101 of 101 Old 01-16-2018, 03:29 AM
1st Gear

lol sorry missed those, thanks for the responses.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.