iPhone holder - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 05-06-2015, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
banned

iPhone holder

I'm sure this is been talked about many times because I've seen it myself. But I can't seem to find it when I actually need the information. I was wondering if anybody has some good ideas how to secure an iPhone to the dash? One in something that would support my phone at I level so I don't want to look down which is extremely dangerous. Something maybe by the Imad that would hold it while charging. Any info would help. Thanks.

Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-06-2015, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

I use iOttie in all our cars. Flexible with mounting.

post #3 of 16 Old 05-06-2015, 06:15 PM
Out of Control

Garage
While I don't that exact model of iOttie, I've used two others and they are great. I have mine set at the far right of the small shelf in front of the iMid. Seems an easy and obvious place to put a cell phone holder.
Attached Images
icul8rg8r likes this.

'15 MSM Accord Sport 6MT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 Old 05-06-2015, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
banned

Thanks so much. That's looks great. I'll look to get the same one. Have a good day.
post #5 of 16 Old 05-07-2015, 04:34 AM
JZP
Tampa FL

I bought the Okra Universal Magnetic Vent Car Mount ; it woks great (you do loose a vent)

2014 MSM Accord Sport 6MT, Leather seats with red stitching, tint, all weather floor mats, cargo tray
2016 Kia Sorento EX V6 with Touring package

Previous:
- 2016 Kia Sorento EX V6 (Wife's Car)
- 2006 Accord EX V6 Auto (traded)
- 2008 Blue SUBARU Tribeca
- 1992 Civic hatch w/ B16b and JDM LSD 5MT transmission, 16" volcano wheels, red Recaro racing seats, all JDM interior (too much $$$ now I regret it)
-1988 white Accord DX Coupe 5MT (my very first car)
post #6 of 16 Old 05-07-2015, 03:43 PM
37.826611, -122.422929

I use something very similar in mine. I'm using a Kenu for an iphone 6+

2014 Accord Sedan Touring V6 Automatic w/Nav Modern Steel Metallic
1997 Civic EX Coupe
1982 Accord Coupe
1975 Civic CVCC
post #7 of 16 Old 05-07-2015, 06:57 PM
4th Gear

My wife has the iOttie for her Odyssey and really likes it. I have a CD player mounted holder and like it pretty well.

However, if I were to get another one, I would probably get the iOttie and mount to by the iMid display like TMVD.

2015 Black Accord Coupe EX MT
1/15/15
Current Mods:
Door edge guards
Custom Pistol Grip Shifter
Honda OEM All Weather Mats
Honda OEM Trunk Liner
WeatherTech Window Vents
35% Tint all around with 15% windshield strip
OEM Splash Guards
OEM Cargo Net
To be Completed:
LED/Who Knows?
post #8 of 16 Old 05-07-2015, 10:27 PM
Shadow Breaker

Garage
Here ya go
iMagnet from Amazon, $25

Phillips H9 Headlight bulb
Genuine Honda JDM Emblems front and back
post #9 of 16 Old 01-29-2017, 08:11 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMVB View Post
While I don't that exact model of iOttie, I've used two others and they are great. I have mine set at the far right of the small shelf in front of the iMid. Seems an easy and obvious place to put a cell phone holder.
Sorry for the bump, but have you tried to remove the holder? There are some reviews on Amazon that it leaves a mark when you remove it.
post #10 of 16 Old 01-30-2017, 04:46 AM
Out of Control

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnagel View Post
Sorry for the bump, but have you tried to remove the holder? There are some reviews on Amazon that it leaves a mark when you remove it.
I got rid of it quite a while ago. And yes, it left a ring mark on the plastic shelf. Eventually was able to mostly remove it by cleaning but it took a while. Still somewhat detectable if you look.

'15 MSM Accord Sport 6MT

post #11 of 16 Old 01-30-2017, 04:49 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks for responding. Definitely not going to put that on my brand new car then.
post #12 of 16 Old 01-30-2017, 07:38 AM
X72
2nd Gear

See my post in the phone mount thread of a Pro Clip USA mount to see pictures. Phone mount - How do you do it?
Not an iphone, but it will give you an idea. You could also use a bean bag mount like I did for my GPS and attach your chosen mount to the bean bag mount so you don't damage the imid shelf. My bean bag mount is specific for the Garmin and the shape fits the shelf well. I don't know of a generic bean bag mount to recommend. Pro Clip USA mount is expensive but I like it. I just got it so I don't have long term experience with it.

'15 Accord Sport Black 6-Speed MT
post #13 of 16 Old 01-30-2017, 07:53 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by X72 View Post
See my post in the phone mount thread of a Pro Clip USA mount to see pictures. Phone mount - How do you do it?
Not an iphone, but it will give you an idea. You could also use a bean bag mount like I did for my GPS and attach your chosen mount to the bean bag mount so you don't damage the imid shelf. My bean bag mount is specific for the Garmin and the shape fits the shelf well. I don't know of a generic bean bag mount to recommend. Pro Clip USA mount is expensive but I like it. I just got it so I don't have long term experience with it.
Thanks! That's very helpful. I'm leaning towards the proclip now. I might give CarPlay a little bit of use, but it's difficult for me to give up Waze.
post #14 of 16 Old 01-30-2017, 10:15 AM
Out of Control

Garage
I replaced one iOttie product for another. Went for their magnetic vent clip. Much better than the suction cup. Only downside is it blocked airflow from that vent from reaching me.

Now that I've got CarPlay, I don't use a phone mount any longer.
Attached Images

'15 MSM Accord Sport 6MT

post #15 of 16 Old 01-30-2017, 01:27 PM
1st Gear

Magnet holder on vent - does it droop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMVB View Post
Love the looks of this one - is this an hOttie? Which model? Can't seem to find it.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 01-30-2017 at 02:57 PM. Reason: merge
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.