Just installed XB35 5500K's -- seems too blue - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-19-2014, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Just installed XB35 5500K's -- seems too blue

So I just got my XB35's and my ballasts, so I went ahead and got them installed today.

Unfortunately it appears that they are too blue -- I was hoping for a nice pure white, but that doesn't appear to be the case, despite TRS's website pic showing pure white.

Is this just a by-product of the break-in period, or should I be sending these back?

Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Out of Control

Want to trade? I have the TRS 5000k 35w.

2013 Accord Coupe EX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

25.4MM TLX RSB
5K 35W TRS HID
Roof Spoiler
5% Tint, 50% Windshield
Takeda SRI
H&R Springs
Single to Dual Magnaflows, Axle-Back:
(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
V6 Headlight (LED DRL Strip):
(
)

Gentex Auto-Dimming w/ Homelink (DIY):
(
)
Cabin Air Filter (DIY):
(
)
Viper Remote Start for Push-To-Start (DIY)
(
)
post #3 of 11 Old 12-19-2014, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOKhanhOo View Post
Want to trade? I have the TRS 5000k 35w.
Possibly. How old are they, and why are you trying to trade them?

Also, one of my bulbs didn't have the little o-ring on the connection side -- I'm chatting with them about that to get them to send one.'

Also, random question -- do the bulb connections not face perfectly vertical? When I twist the bulb into place, it doesn't seem to go a full 90 degrees clockwise like the stock bulbs do -- it's probably at 75-80 degrees.

post #4 of 11 Old 12-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Out of Control

about a year old. it has the faint shadow where light hits the ground because its an H11 bulb the return wire is on the top, its not a defect. but its white.

2013 Accord Coupe EX

25.4MM TLX RSB
5K 35W TRS HID
Roof Spoiler
5% Tint, 50% Windshield
Takeda SRI
H&R Springs
(
)
(
)

(
)
Cabin Air Filter (DIY):
(
)
(
)
post #5 of 11 Old 12-19-2014, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOKhanhOo View Post
about a year old. it has the faint shadow where light hits the ground because its an H11 bulb the return wire is on the top, its not a defect. but its white.
Ah I gotcha. Unfortunately that's one of the reasons I got the XB35 -- to avoid the shadow from the return wire.

Sorry man, if you had H11b's I'd likely trade you (once I got the replacement o-ring).

Also, this dude on TRS just told me to give them 40 hrs before calling them back to see about replacements, though they seem to have this "prove it to us" attitude from what I can tell. I'm literally having to coax him to send me a replacement o-ring for the harness connection point. It was missing from the get-go, as I removed the bulbs inside to see how everything would go together, and immediately noticed it wasn't there.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-19-2014, 02:35 PM
Blinded by the light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmv View Post
Ah I gotcha. Unfortunately that's one of the reasons I got the XB35 -- to avoid the shadow from the return wire.

Sorry man, if you had H11b's I'd likely trade you (once I got the replacement o-ring).

Also, this dude on TRS just told me to give them 40 hrs before calling them back to see about replacements, though they seem to have this "prove it to us" attitude from what I can tell. I'm literally having to coax him to send me a replacement o-ring for the harness connection point. It was missing from the get-go, as I removed the bulbs inside to see how everything would go together, and immediately noticed it wasn't there.
I've done quite a bit of business with TRS over the last year. While they are reluctant to send out things they usually will follow through with your requests.

I just got an XB35 5500K bulb for my Mini D2S 3.0 motorcycle retrofit. Mine is as expected, that high of kelvin will appear more blue as you move close to 6000K.

2013 Accord Coupe V6
-

-

-

-

-

-

2013 Triumph Street Triple
-Doesn't need any mods...
post #7 of 11 Old 12-19-2014, 03:06 PM
banned

I using XB35 5500K to match the XB Fogs:

Before I was using DDM 5000K:

and here is DDM 4500K for comparison:

FYI... Just remember that when you first turn on the headlight it will look some what blue.. but as it warms up to full brightness it will turn "white". as shown in this video:

post #8 of 11 Old 12-20-2014, 08:47 AM
Thunder Up!

That DDM 5k looks perfect!

'15 WOP v6 sedan
'17 Lux. XT5 AWD
post #9 of 11 Old 12-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Out of Control

On my dad V6 sedan, the xb5500k bulb gives this really really nice and exotic color flicker like on a high end vehicle with HIDs.

Sent from

2013 Accord Coupe EX

25.4MM TLX RSB
5K 35W TRS HID
Roof Spoiler
5% Tint, 50% Windshield
Takeda SRI
H&R Springs
(
)
(
)

(
)
Cabin Air Filter (DIY):
(
)
(
)
post #10 of 11 Old 12-22-2014, 07:47 AM
Sport Mode

I'm having the opposite problem, my d2s xb 5500k bulbs are too yellow. I'll wait a few more hours until they burn in before I critique

2013 Accord Sport CVT Crystal Black Pearl

Mods/Additions:
-Avital 5303 Security & Start System

-Complete LED Upgrade

-

-Window Tints 20%
-Weathertech Mats
-OEM Splash Guards

-PlastiDip ;-)
post #11 of 11 Old 12-22-2014, 08:01 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmv View Post
Also, random question -- do the bulb connections not face perfectly vertical? When I twist the bulb into place, it doesn't seem to go a full 90 degrees clockwise like the stock bulbs do -- it's probably at 75-80 degrees.
Mine is the same thing!

Morimoto XB35 H11Bs and 4300K and it's maybe like 10-15 degrees off from vertical. Not sure if that's what makes my light pattern look like this?

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.