Stereo install Metra 99-7804 - Page 13 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
105Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #181 of 738 Old 04-06-2015, 08:53 AM
Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfreek View Post
My plan is to wait for Crutchfield to offer the kit with HU purchase. Usually they will sell the install kit at 1/2 off with the purchase of the headunit from them. With this kind of install I also want the research and tech support that they do. Plus, if I dont like the way it works it can all go back for free in 60 days, risk free.

The cruchfield site is a great place to compare head units, too.

Jay
You're right, but that is usually on regular $20 dash kits and harnesses. I highly doubt that they are going to offer half off. I could be wrong tho, just have to wait and see.

2013 Sport M6
Suspension: BC Racing BR Type
Stereo Integration: Alpine PXE-H660
Amps: RF P500X4D, R750-1D
Front Stage: RF T2652-S
Sub Stage: RF P2D4 - 8 (2)
Rear Fill: OEM Rears
Advertisement

post #182 of 738 Old 04-06-2015, 09:03 AM
LAF
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904Sport13 View Post
It looks like Metra got all the kinks out and has now come to market with the kit. By browsing the manual for the kit it appears that the Metra interface module is essentially runs a new Android OS that mimic's the OEM look of the iMid display. The Android OS accepts the OEM inputs for backup cam and lane watch cams and will appropriately display them on the iMid when needed. Given all the tech and R&D that went into this kit it's no wonder that it costs $325. I was going to go the route that others here have taken with a radio in the map pocket but this kit will now allow me to go a full double din route with nav in the oem location. I'll just bide my time and hopefully by the end of the year the price is more realistic for me. Here's a link to the installation manual in case anyone wants to review:

Cheapest online price so far:
Called, they do not have it, and do not have any date or release information

post #183 of 738 Old 04-06-2015, 09:33 AM
6 Speed Newbie

's Avatar

I checked here last Friday and their online chat person said they had a couple:

2014 Honda Accord Sport MT |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alpine CDE-HD149BT PDX F4 F6 M12 Helix DSP
AudioFrog GB10 GB25 GB60 IDMAX15 (IB)
is offline

post #184 of 738 Old 04-06-2015, 09:33 AM
Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF View Post
Called, they do not have it, and do not have any date or release information
Another false alarm! I have to believe they are close, or closer now than they have before. It's probably just waiting to be shipped in stock. Metra removed the kit from their site for a long time, and now its back with an installation manual. Also, previous when you used the vehicle selector on the site it wouldn't pull up the kit and now it does.

2013 Sport M6
Suspension: BC Racing BR Type
Stereo Integration: Alpine PXE-H660
Amps: RF P500X4D, R750-1D
Front Stage: RF T2652-S
Sub Stage: RF P2D4 - 8 (2)
Rear Fill: OEM Rears
post #185 of 738 Old 04-06-2015, 09:48 AM
3rd Gear

zerog270 I'll have to check my itemized list when I did my custom head unit install, but I believe the shop I had the work done used the Metra antenna adapter. I'm not going to dismantle it to confirm the adapter wasn't used, but in any case it is likely there's customization for the antenna to work with my Alpine CDE-154BT.

Lots of people eager to get this dash kit. It's harder to find than limited edition Oreos...
post #186 of 738 Old 04-06-2015, 10:25 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
I will be busy whenever.

Looking forward to well documented install steps and detailed overview of how the car functions work.. rear/side view cameras.. fuel display.. car settings...etc

karfreek likes this.

2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Ex-L White Orchid Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Splash Guards 08P00-T2A-101

post #187 of 738 Old 04-06-2015, 11:04 AM
Even My Mower Is a Honda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904Sport13 View Post
You're right, but that is usually on regular $20 dash kits and harnesses. I highly doubt that they are going to offer half off. I could be wrong tho, just have to wait and see.
Its tough to say. I guess it all depends on what they negotiate with Metra. And, its Crutchfields policy to do 1/2 off MSRP. So if MSRP is $399 on the kit, they will do $200. Even of most outlets are selling it at $329 for the kit. But, then, its a savings still of $129.

And even then its only 1/2 off whats in the Metra kit. If you use the PAC or Metra SWC adapter that is going to cost 100% of the price.

Gotta pay to play I guess.

If this kit does not hit soon, I may just trade my Accord on an Avalon, anyway. But that is another story all together.

Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
Looking forward to well documented install steps and detailed overview of how the car functions work.. rear/side view cameras.. fuel display.. car settings...etc

I almost wish DieselWorld would do this install. His videos are great!

Jay

2013 Accord EX Sedan - 2.4L/Stick - Alabaster Silver
2013 Odyssey EX-L - 3.5L/5-Speed Auto - Taffeta White over Truffle
2008 Royal Star Venture - 1300cc - Very Dark Red/Black Metallic
post #188 of 738 Old 04-06-2015, 12:00 PM
4th Gear

So the android os is installed into the PAC steering wheel adapter?
post #189 of 738 Old 04-06-2015, 12:25 PM
LAF
5th Gear

SO I bailed.

No issues would bother me more than not have a Radio because of no antenna!

And I am not going in twice.

Also the cost is crazy.

You need the dash kit 292.00

ASWC-1 and SWI-RC and the antenna kit 83.92

Then the head unit at 550.00

While this is within my 1k not sure I want to be a tester for it.

Biggest issue is the ANTENNA.

I called Metra once today and they do not know what plugs are left over when you install their kit. Even though it states it in the Install PDF you will have connections left over. I do not like not knowing what I have unplugged or by-passed.

I am gonna call on the antenna next.

I will let all know what they say.
post #190 of 738 Old 04-06-2015, 12:42 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
$8 at Crutchfield

2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Ex-L White Orchid Pearl

Splash Guards 08P00-T2A-101

post #191 of 738 Old 04-06-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
$8 at Crutchfield

Yep, According to the site it fits my 2013.

Jay

post #192 of 738 Old 04-06-2015, 01:08 PM
LAF
5th Gear

OK off the phone with Metra.

If you do not have NAV, but have a touch screen you will need a 40-HD12 as the antenna.

You will also need 44-EC204 a cable that runs to your trunk to make the antenna connection.

As far as the ASWC-1 and SWI-RC they both do the same thing.

What he said is if there is resistance at the buttons using a ohm meter either the Metra or PAC will work for all controls.

He said the devices are identical in how they work. However he did say PAC may have found the way to get all the buttons to work from where they tap the wires from. While they have theirs set up with the plug, PAC may tap a different way in splicing the wires to a different path.

He reiterated that they will find out if there is resistance at those Bluetooth buttons eventually after enough installs, and if there is will re-program their plug to pick it up. He said theirs and PAC are identical in function so no need to have both ever.

Worst case look at PAC wiring and Metra and match the Metra to the PAC wiring same difference. Me I will just buy the PAC if it does in fact give you Bluetooth buttons along with the other side up/down/track/etc.

My head hurts, I am tired, and I have told you all I have been told today.
The Following User Says Thank You to LAF For This Useful Post:
karfreek (04-06-2015)
post #193 of 738 Old 04-06-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
SO I bailed.

No issues would bother me more than not have a Radio because of no antenna!

And I am not going in twice.

Also the cost is crazy.

You need the dash kit 292.00

ASWC-1 and SWI-RC and the antenna kit 83.92

Then the head unit at 550.00

While this is within my 1k not sure I want to be a tester for it.

I called Metra once today and they do not know what plugs are left over when you install their kit. Even though it states it in the Install PDF you will have connections left over. I do not like not knowing what I have unplugged or by-passed.

I am gonna call on the antenna next.

I will let all know what they say.
Quote:
OK off the phone with Metra.

If you do not have NAV, but have a touch screen you will need a 40-HD12 as the antenna.

You will also need 44-EC204 a cable that runs to your trunk to make the antenna connection.

As far as the ASWC-1 and SWI-RC they both do the same thing.

What he said is if there is resistance at the buttons using a ohm meter either the Metra or PAC will work for all controls.

He said the devices are identical in how they work. However he did say PAC may have found the way to get all the buttons to work from where they tap the wires from. While they have theirs set up with the plug, PAC may tap a different way in splicing the wires to a different path.

He reiterated that they will find out if there is resistance at those Bluetooth buttons eventually after enough installs, and if there is will re-program their plug to pick it up. He said theirs and PAC are identical in function so no need to have both ever.

Worst case look at PAC wiring and Metra and match the Metra to the PAC wiring same difference. Me I will just buy the PAC if it does in fact give you Bluetooth buttons along with the other side up/down/track/etc.

My head hurts, I am tired, and I have told you all I have been told today.
Thanks for the intel. But, you are making the case for me trading for an Avalon stronger.

Jay

post #194 of 738 Old 04-06-2015, 01:55 PM
LAF
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfreek View Post
Thanks for the intel. But, you are making the case for me trading for an Avalon stronger.

Jay
Well all things needed it will be under 1K for a new stereo.

Plus speakers and your time. Sound dampening and sound deadening also.

New car probably gonna cost you more than that

I have cooled my jets on this project as having to run a 204 inch wire to the trunk, the PAC reviews and questions are not encouraging on Amazon, I would now use the Metra Axxess ASWC1 after reading the info on Axxess site.

Just too much frustration over how long I am in my car.

I would rather buy my Teins and fight with that install, I think
post #195 of 738 Old 04-06-2015, 02:23 PM

It all depends how it integrates. IF there are no "bugs" or things that have to be "accepted" to get the unit installed then its worth the frustration of getting it in. But, if there are going to be little constant reminders that "this isnt factory" then I personally will just pass and live with this crappy stereo until I justify a new car. One of the things that I wonder about, and we will know soon enough is this. Right now when you cycle through the screens via the steering wheel it goes as follows; Radio -> MPG1 -> MPG2 -> Clock. On the Metra is the radio selection removed so its only MPG1 -> MPG2 -> Clock? It would be annoying to scroll thru a fuction that no longer does anything.

Also, I like the HID, Heated/cooled seats and heated second row that the Avalon brings with it.

Jay

Advertisement

Tags
99-7804b, metra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.