Trunk light fuse? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
  • 1 Post By ual2842
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-20-2014, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Trunk light fuse?

I blew a fuse when installing an exLed trunk light. I've tested all the fuses I can find under the dash and under the hood.

Does anyone know where the fuse for the trunk light is located????

2014 Honda Accord Touring

Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-20-2014, 01:12 PM
5th Gear

Garage
only 2 places it can be, sure its the fuse?

2015 Accord Sport WOP "The TaunTaun"
DIY LED DRL
Full Audio Upgrade
Zenex HID's 4500k
LED strips in footwells and in trunk
LED's in all light sockets
Chrome Plastidipped Black
Air Box Resonator Delete
post #3 of 10 Old 05-20-2014, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrnard View Post
only 2 places it can be, sure its the fuse?
What else could it be besides a fuse? I checked with a multimeter and there is no voltage at the light connector terminals.

post #4 of 10 Old 05-20-2014, 01:52 PM
banned

There is not fuse to check. Your trunk light switch is the problem. It is integrated into the trunk latch assembly. You shorted it out by not removing the trunk light assembly from the socket before swapping out the bulb. Put your original bulb back in and go see your local honda dealership for warranty work.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-20-2014, 01:59 PM
6th Gear

Wow, guess I got lucky when I changed mine out. I didn't remove the assembly before installing the LED bulb. All lights are working properly for the past couple of months. Very useful info to know if I ever have to replace bulb or switch back to the original ones.

'14 BRP EXL I4 Sedan
'15 NGP ES 350 V6 Sedan
post #6 of 10 Old 05-20-2014, 02:51 PM
5th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by user320 View Post
Wow, guess I got lucky when I changed mine out. I didn't remove the assembly before installing the LED bulb. All lights are working properly for the past couple of months. Very useful info to know if I ever have to replace bulb or switch back to the original ones.
same here. ive never shorted mine or any of the interior lights(doing map light mod excluded)
ive changed my interior and trunk lights many many times over that last 6 yrs on my 3 civics and this accord.

anything is possible tho

i suggest physically inspecting each fuse, a blown fuse is easy to spot.

if its good again id suggest the warranty/taking it to the dealer.

DIY LED DRL
Full Audio Upgrade
Zenex HID's 4500k
Air Box Resonator Delete
post #7 of 10 Old 06-01-2014, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Solved!

It is indeed the micro switch in the trunk latch assembly that gets blown if you short out the trunk light. What a stupid design - not up to typical Honda standards IMHO.

The switch is a normally closed micro switch that does not look like a standard switch I can recognize, so I'll just replace the whole latch assembly.

I suppose I could have put all the standard lamps back in and taken it in under warranty, but for $40 to replace the latch mechanism it wasn't worth it.

For future reference, the wiring harness going into the trunk latch assembly has 3 wire: orange, black and white. The switch for the trunk light uses the black and white wires.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-02-2014, 05:34 AM
5th Gear

Garage
new one on me

glad you figured it out tho, be more careful this time

DIY LED DRL
Full Audio Upgrade
Zenex HID's 4500k
Air Box Resonator Delete
post #9 of 10 Old 05-20-2015, 09:32 AM
6th Gear

I love this site. I was freaking out now I can go get this fixed and be more careful when installing my LED lights.

Thanks Guys!
teezythakidd likes this.

Old Cars:

(2004-2006) - White 2002 Civic LX Sedan Auto (29,XXXkms) (RIP)

(2006-2011) - Silver 2001 Toyota Corolla S Sedan 5MT (186,XXXkms) (Sold 19, Nov 2011)

(2011-2014) - White 2011 Accord EX Coupe 5MT (80,100kms) (Traded 22, Feb 2014)

(2014-2015) - Basque Red 2014 Accord Sport Sedan CVT
(29,250kms) (Sold 16, May 2015 / Still in Family)

(May 2015-Future) - WOP 2015 Accord i4 Touring 6MT
(10kms)
post #10 of 10 Old 07-31-2016, 01:16 PM
1st Gear

I just ran into this issue as well on my 2016 Accord Touring. Tried to change bulb to LED light and didn't unplug it from the harness. Used a flathead screwdriver to take the bulb out. Now all interior lights don't work, the alarm doesn't activate when I lock the door, when starting the car there is a warning saying "Charging System Problem" and also the Trunk Open light stays on. The Battery icon however does not show up while driving, just that initial warning about Charging System Problem. Is this all related to the micro switch in the Trunk Latch or a combination of blown fuses as well? Does anyone see any harm in driving it until I get it serviced or look into servicing it myself? Has anyone changed the latch themselves, if so where can I order the part from?

Thanks!

****Update: After some reading around the forums, I changed the fuse for the Interior Lights under the hood and that fixed the Interior Lights issue and got the trunk light working as well. I still get the "Charging System Problem" when starting the car and the false Truck Open warning. I also tested and saw that the trunk light stays on after the other lights go out, so for now I just unhooked the harness. Still any help would be great!

Last edited by marinersfaninmd; 07-31-2016 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Update
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.