Factory tweeters from an ex? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 09-09-2013, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Operator

Factory tweeters from an ex?

I was wondering if the factory tweeters that come in an ex or above are plug and play on my sport? Factory prewired?

Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 09-09-2013, 03:56 PM
on2
banned

No it is not. You will need to custom wire. I did it to my Sport. Bought the sail panels from Majestic Honda and the tweeters from a member on here.

post #3 of 20 Old 09-12-2013, 10:07 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngejie View Post
I was wondering if the factory tweeters that come in an ex or above are plug and play on my sport? Factory prewired?
I'm surprised that the US version of the sport model only comes with 4 speakers. I live in Vancouver BC and my sport came with 6 speakers. 2 in the rear 2 in the front and twitters.

post #4 of 20 Old 09-12-2013, 12:16 PM
4th Gear

Tweeter! No limit to 140 characters.

2013 EX Coupe MSM (Traded in for CLA 250)
In Progress: Full audio upgrade
Done: Ace Convex 19" | 3M DiNoc Carbon fiber interior wrap | Custom lighted sills | Interior white LED | Exterior white LED | AbsoluteHID 4300k | DIY Console USB connection | Takeda Stage-2 PRO DRY S Intake | Magnaflow custom dual mufflers | Roof spoiler
post #5 of 20 Old 09-12-2013, 12:33 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGuyPR View Post
Tweeter! No limit to 140 characters.
thanks for the spell check
post #6 of 20 Old 09-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Thunder Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by on2 View Post
No it is not. You will need to custom wire. I did it to my Sport. Bought the sail panels from Majestic Honda and the tweeters from a member on here.
You wire up a capacitor then? I'll be doing this at some point...obviously not with factory stuff though.

'15 WOP v6 sedan
'17 Lux. XT5 AWD
post #7 of 20 Old 09-12-2013, 12:48 PM
5th Gear

You can put in components relatively easy. The factory speaker wire just ties into a crossover, and then out to your woofer and tweeter. You have to find a creative way to mount an aftermarket tweeter into the sail panels, but its straightforward.

2013 Honda Accord Sport CVT
White Orchid Pearl
Husky Liner mats
15% tint all around
5000K HID low beams
LED fogs, running, license plate, dome, map and trunk lights
Polk DB6501's in front
Polk dxi650's in rear
PPI S320.4 amp
Takeda SRI
post #8 of 20 Old 09-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Thunder Up!

So where is the x-over in the sport?

'15 WOP v6 sedan
'17 Lux. XT5 AWD
post #9 of 20 Old 09-12-2013, 01:33 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post
So where is the x-over in the sport?
It's still at the store until you buy it :-D. Factory front speakers are coax's.

White Orchid Pearl
Husky Liner mats
15% tint all around
5000K HID low beams
Polk DB6501's in front
Polk dxi650's in rear
PPI S320.4 amp
Takeda SRI
post #10 of 20 Old 09-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Thunder Up!

Right, so you'd need to run a capacitor (not sure why I called it a resistor...weird) if you put tweeters in a sport/lx

If you put in aftermarket 'components' then yeah the x-over comes with it...if you're into that sort of thing. Active is where it's at my friends

'15 WOP v6 sedan
'17 Lux. XT5 AWD
post #11 of 20 Old 09-12-2013, 01:39 PM
5th Gear

Yes you need to add your own cross over, regardless of which method you prefer.

White Orchid Pearl
Husky Liner mats
15% tint all around
5000K HID low beams
Polk DB6501's in front
Polk dxi650's in rear
PPI S320.4 amp
Takeda SRI
post #12 of 20 Old 09-12-2013, 04:42 PM
1st Gear

Installed the Polk Audio db6501 component system in my 9th gen Sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakabony View Post
You can put in components relatively easy. The factory speaker wire just ties into a crossover, and then out to your woofer and tweeter. You have to find a creative way to mount an aftermarket tweeter into the sail panels, but its straightforward.
I just replaced (as in yesterday) my factory front door speakers with the Polk Audio db6501 6.5" component system with crossovers from ebay. I purchased the factory sail panels from the EX that hold the tweeters (Part no. 76220-T2A-A11ZA and 76270-T2A-A11ZA) from hondapartsnow.com. I also ordered the Metra 72-7800 Honda and Acura Speaker Adapter Harness Connectors from amazon.com.

Getting the tweeters installed was as easy as popping them into the new sail panels and then installing the new sail panels onto the car. When Crutchfield says the db6501s do not fit, they are correct. I used the stock mounts to mount the new speakers. It took a slight modification (totally destroying the factory speakers) to get the woofers in the doors. The factory speakers need to be cut out of the mounts as mentioned before and mounts need to be trimmed down so the rubber surround of the Polk speakers do not rub against the door panel when the speaker is mounted. It really was quite simple and I had it all done in an hour or so.

I'm happy with the Polk Audio kit and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice upgrade to the rather mediocre stock sound system.
post #13 of 20 Old 09-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid2013sport View Post
I'm surprised that the US version of the sport model only comes with 4 speakers. I live in Vancouver BC and my sport came with 6 speakers. 2 in the rear 2 in the front and twitters.
Of course, you are in Canada, that is to be expected. I hear you guys get a gold brick in the trunk since Honda is in love with Canada and treats the US market with utter disdain.

Ex-L 4cyl, White Pearl/Ivory
Honda factory LED Touring Headlight, 3M Di-NOC Bubinga wood vinyl dash trim, Horn Upgrade, LED interior, trunk, license, Splash Guards

II Kings 9:20-"The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi, for he driveth furiously."
post #14 of 20 Old 09-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by XOneSport View Post
I just replaced (as in yesterday) my factory front door speakers with the Polk Audio db6501 6.5" component system with crossovers from ebay. I purchased the factory sail panels from the EX that hold the tweeters (Part no. 76220-T2A-A11ZA and 76270-T2A-A11ZA) from hondapartsnow.com. I also ordered the Metra 72-7800 Honda and Acura Speaker Adapter Harness Connectors from amazon.com.

Getting the tweeters installed was as easy as popping them into the new sail panels and then installing the new sail panels onto the car. When Crutchfield says the db6501s do not fit, they are correct. I used the stock mounts to mount the new speakers. It took a slight modification (totally destroying the factory speakers) to get the woofers in the doors. The factory speakers need to be cut out of the mounts as mentioned before and mounts need to be trimmed down so the rubber surround of the Polk speakers do not rub against the door panel when the speaker is mounted. It really was quite simple and I had it all done in an hour or so.

I'm happy with the Polk Audio kit and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice upgrade to the rather mediocre stock sound system.
Well put. I have the laughable 360W "premium audio" and would not recommend one single component from it. The more I listen, the worse it sounds. It did not help that I picked up an 07 MDX Tech/Nav that has the superb Acura ELS audio. My accord sounds like a tin can next to it.

Ex-L 4cyl, White Pearl/Ivory
Honda factory LED Touring Headlight, 3M Di-NOC Bubinga wood vinyl dash trim, Horn Upgrade, LED interior, trunk, license, Splash Guards

II Kings 9:20-"The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi, for he driveth furiously."
post #15 of 20 Old 09-12-2013, 07:40 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XOneSport View Post
When Crutchfield says the db6501s do not fit, they are correct. I used the stock mounts to mount the new speakers. It took a slight modification (totally destroying the factory speakers) to get the woofers in the doors. The factory speakers need to be cut out of the mounts as mentioned before and mounts need to be trimmed down...
I installed the 6501s in my door using the brackets that came with them, and they fit with room to spare.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.