Handa-accessories.com - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 10-24-2012, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Honda Owner Since '98

Handa-accessories.com

I just wanted to let those in th Sacramento area know that handa-accessories.com aka Maita Honda formerly known as Carmichael Honda will not allow will-call anymore for their Internet prices. No, now you must pay for the shipping to get the Internet prices on their accessories, otherwise you must pay the same prices that you can find at any other local Honda dealer. Even if you show up to their parts department without any prior knowledge as I did today. The extremely rude employee there told me this policy took effect about one month ago. Basically what this means is they are overcharging on their shipping rates to make up for the low posted prices and they found out that they couldn't take advantage of us locals when we went there to will-call our items. This dealership along with College Hills Honda have always had a great reputation on the forums, but handa-accessories.com has now fallen out of that category in my opinion. I refuse to go there again and I urge everyone else to do the same. If you are local, please go to another Honda dealership like Mel Rapton, and if you must get something shipped, please use the College Hills Honda website. CHH is always emailing me deals like free shipping weekends and twenty dollars off any order over $199 and such. Thank you for your time.

Current Car
'13 Accord Sedan EX-L 2.4L
White Orchid Pearl

Previously Owned
'11 Accord Coupe EX 2.4L
Crystal Black Pearl

'98 Civic Coupe EX 1.6L
Flamenco Black Pearl
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-12-2013, 04:14 PM
1st Gear

In our defense we aren't overcharging on shipping. We charge as close as we are able to what UPS charges. Our shopping cart is one of the few that can actually calculate package size as well as weight and figure what items can ship together in the same package.

Our business model is to move a large volume of items at very low prices in the most efficient way possible.

The reason we are able to sell the items cheaper online is it is a more automated and streamlined process. Unfortunately, as we discovered after a few months, that just doesn't carry over to a retail brick and mortar environment.

Obviously, everyone is free to buy from whatever company they choose for whatever reason; but please don't think that we have inflated shipping charges to offset our prices.

Trevor

post #3 of 17 Old 03-12-2013, 04:57 PM
KH
6th Gear

Wait.. So you're complaining that you can't get "Internet Pricing" by walking into the store?

Most times, the internet pricing is cheaper due to less employee interaction, labor, and time involved in handling the part., especially if it is drop-shipped directly from the manufacturer. That's why it is called "internet pricing". Similar to "online-only" deals with Home Depot, Target, Autozone.

Picture having to pay an employee to order, process, pay for shipping with your regular parts order, check-in, and sell the item once it arrives, versus having the customer go on the website, place the order themselves, and have the order go direct to Honda, then directly from Honda to the end-user, with no interaction on the part of your employee.

And no, I don't represent (or even know) them. Just am confused as to why you'd be upset you couldn't get "internet pricing" as a walk-in customer.

~Kevin
'03 NHBP Coupe 6-6, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Borla stainless exhaust, Ingalls Torque Damper, TL-S Swaybars, Neuspeed short shifter, Eibach Pro springs, Wicked Tuning camber arms, '12 Coupe 18s with 235/45/18 tires, OEM Replica Spoiler, LED tails, exLED Interior Lights projector HLs, GTA Car Kit (iPhone and aux)

post #4 of 17 Old 03-22-2013, 09:39 PM
2006 I4 MT

The statements of the OP is not accurate.

If anyone has a past order, replicate the order in the shopping cart. I found the total price to be the same.

Handa has always shipped my items very quickly

2006 Accord LX Coupe I4 MT
post #5 of 17 Old 03-22-2013, 10:04 PM
4th Gear

Handa-accessories.com

I think the OP is down-talking HandA because a) He didn't get his way b) He probably got some attitude after begging to get his way 2 or 3 times and gave the employee some attitude or made a snide remark. Maybe the employee was having a bad day or personal issues... it happens. I work in customer service and have to deal with vindictive INDIVIDUALS like this on a weekly basis. I've nearly perfected the art of smiling and nodding while I'm pissed off at someone, but every once in a while I get one of those gems that force me to break from professionality. I will bend over backwards to make a customer happy, but I refuse to be walked on and my boss is completely behind me on that. Respect is number one in my book. I can read between the lines here. OP is just trolling because he didn't get his way. He is one of the ten percent that will probably never be happy with anything in his life. It's completely understandable to any normal person why internet pricing is better than in-store pricing. Some people are just so blinded by what they want that they are unable to see what is reasonable.

Sent from

Last edited by Osiris_x11; 05-05-2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: no name calling...
post #6 of 17 Old 05-05-2013, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Honda Owner Since '98

I'm the OP and Mr Anomoly you sound like a real MEANIE. I was simply letting those in the Sacramento area know that they cannot will-call items for the prices that are listed on handa-accessories.com anymore so they might as well go to another local Honda dealership if they need to walk in somewhere. To me, that's what the forum is about. Letting others know what you know so they don't make the same mistakes you make. if you have a problem with me Mr Anomoly you can PM me and we can handle it like men, not by personally attacking someone behind the safety of a computer screen.

Current Car
White Orchid Pearl

Previously Owned
'11 Accord Coupe EX 2.4L
Crystal Black Pearl

'98 Civic Coupe EX 1.6L
Flamenco Black Pearl

Last edited by Osiris_x11; 05-05-2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: no name calling...
post #7 of 17 Old 05-05-2013, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Honda Owner Since '98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006accord4 View Post
The statements of the OP is not accurate.

If anyone has a past order, replicate the order in the shopping cart. I found the total price to be the same.

Handa has always shipped my items very quickly
Actually, what I posted is correct. They wont allow WILL-CALL for those prices anymore. Even Trevor who obviously works there conceded that they don't offer the internet prices for will-call anymore. I never stated that their online prices went up.

Current Car
White Orchid Pearl

Previously Owned
'11 Accord Coupe EX 2.4L
Crystal Black Pearl

'98 Civic Coupe EX 1.6L
Flamenco Black Pearl
post #8 of 17 Old 05-05-2013, 11:56 AM
KH
6th Gear

Retailers have "online only" pricing too... That's how it works. Get over it and stop being so aggressive.

~Kevin
'03 NHBP Coupe 6-6, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Borla stainless exhaust, Ingalls Torque Damper, TL-S Swaybars, Neuspeed short shifter, Eibach Pro springs, Wicked Tuning camber arms, '12 Coupe 18s with 235/45/18 tires, OEM Replica Spoiler, LED tails, exLED Interior Lights projector HLs, GTA Car Kit (iPhone and aux)
post #9 of 17 Old 05-05-2013, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Honda Owner Since '98

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH View Post
Wait.. So you're complaining that you can't get "Internet Pricing" by walking into the store?

Most times, the internet pricing is cheaper due to less employee interaction, labor, and time involved in handling the part., especially if it is drop-shipped directly from the manufacturer. That's why it is called "internet pricing". Similar to "online-only" deals with Home Depot, Target, Autozone.

Picture having to pay an employee to order, process, pay for shipping with your regular parts order, check-in, and sell the item once it arrives, versus having the customer go on the website, place the order themselves, and have the order go direct to Honda, then directly from Honda to the end-user, with no interaction on the part of your employee.

And no, I don't represent (or even know) them. Just am confused as to why you'd be upset you couldn't get "internet pricing" as a walk-in customer.

Yes, I am complaining. Because prior to that I was getting their low online prices without paying for shipping at all. And then all of a sudden they changed it. Which is their right, but its also my right to let everyone know about this change in policy and its also my right to not shop there anymore.

Current Car
White Orchid Pearl

Previously Owned
'11 Accord Coupe EX 2.4L
Crystal Black Pearl

'98 Civic Coupe EX 1.6L
Flamenco Black Pearl
post #10 of 17 Old 05-05-2013, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Honda Owner Since '98

Whatever people. Buy from them then I don't care. I'm done with this thread.

Current Car
White Orchid Pearl

Previously Owned
'11 Accord Coupe EX 2.4L
Crystal Black Pearl

'98 Civic Coupe EX 1.6L
Flamenco Black Pearl
post #11 of 17 Old 05-05-2013, 12:24 PM
4th Gear

charge shipping for local pickup? real clever.

I don't get how ordering a part to the dealer then shipping it out if more cost effective then ordering a part and handing it to someone.

2012 Accord Sedan EX- Crystal Black Pearl I4

why does everyone have huge mod list in sig ? make build thread->link it
post #12 of 17 Old 05-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!

Keep it civil gents/ladies. No name calling. State your point, reply if applicable, and then move-on-dot-com.

On-topic...

The difference between a retailer's in-store & internet pricing is a gripe of mine as well. The Home Depot apparently was notorious for this, and they've changed their policy somewhat recently. Another surprising offender is Walmart.
post #13 of 17 Old 05-05-2013, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Honda Owner Since '98

Thank you! At last, a couple of posts that don't make me feel like I'm taking crazy pills and everyone is standing up for "the man". LOL. Now I'm done with this thread. LMAO

Current Car
White Orchid Pearl

Previously Owned
'11 Accord Coupe EX 2.4L
Crystal Black Pearl

'98 Civic Coupe EX 1.6L
Flamenco Black Pearl
The Following User Says Thank You to jflo916 For This Useful Post:
Sonya in TX (03-08-2015)
post #14 of 17 Old 05-08-2013, 05:25 AM
No lifetime fluids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris_x11 View Post
Another surprising offender is Walmart.
I found this one out a couple of years ago. They had a very nice Dell 90w power adapter online for $30 or so. Went in the store and it was around $75.

I asked but was told how the online and in-store pricing was different.

'09 LX 5MT Sedan - ASM/BLK
V1, OEM splash guards, leather wheel,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'87 Regal with an LSx
post #15 of 17 Old 05-08-2013, 05:38 AM
7th Gear

I'm sorry I read this thread.

- It is just a car -

2015 CR-V, EXL, AWD
2005 Accord Sedan EX-L AT
(traded - 2009 Accord Coupe 6/6 Black)
2002 Alpine Coach 36MDDS
The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamacre For This Useful Post:
ArcticWR400 (01-13-2014)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.