Avoid Crown Honda in Greensboro NC and all Asbury owned dealerships - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-04-2012, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
drb
1st Gear

Avoid Crown Honda in Greensboro NC and all Asbury owned dealerships

My wife and I tried to buy a 2012 Honda Fit from this dealership. It would have been our second car from this dealership. It was a terrible experience. The only way they would close the deal that evening is for us to finance the car with them. They must tell their finance guys to push for financing. We chose not to finance with them. My wife and I were left outside a closed dealership at 100 at night. I repeatedly asked for a ride home from the Crown employees and they refused. My daughter came from Mebane, about 45 minutes away, to pick us up from the dealership.I called Asbury Auto Group, the company that owns Crown Honda. I spoke with Marita Gregory. She was apologetic and her only excuse was that Crown Honda contracts with the Greensboro police and they regularly patrol the area. It did not make me feel safe that Crown Honda feels the need for police patrol. I am glad we weren't robbed or worse that evening. I also called Jim Moebius to report this whole situation gone bad. He said their performance was " idiotic" and it was "incompetence on top of incompetence." He offered me 3 tanks of gas to soften the blow. That was not acceptable to me. Jeff Hicks, the general manager, is aware of what happened that night (according to Jim Moebius) and he chose to do nothing. Well that is just great customer service. The more I read about Crown Honda, the more I realize they are not a good place to buy a car. Please, do not do business with Crown Honda. Please Tweet this if you so desire. Please Facebook if you so desire. Jeff Hicks and Crown Honda had the chance to do the right thing and they did not. Jim Moebius was correct. Crown Honda of Greensboro's performance was idiotic. Do not do business with Crown Honda or any of the Asbury owned dealerships.

Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-04-2012, 05:09 PM
2008 NightHawk Coupe. I4

So, you could had a chance to get 3 tanks of gas and you rather chose nothing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

post #3 of 9 Old 07-04-2012, 05:18 PM
'10 Accord LX-S Coupe

just have a question: how did you get to the dealership? I can't say I've ever had someone take me to a dealership and drop me off to buy a car. maybe to pick up my own car from the service dept but never to buy one. IMO to go to a dealership expecting to make a deal is a bit assuming.

not that I'm saying what they did was right, but I can't imagine any dealer feeling obligated to 'give you a ride home' after you decided not to make a deal with them. there's always two sides to the story and somewhere in between are the facts. it would be nice to hear Crown Hondas side.

BTW, you said "Jeff Hicks and Crown Honda had the chance to do the right thing and they did not." what would you have considered the 'right thing to do' after the fact?

2010 LX-S Coupe w/Rear Lip Spoiler, WeatherTech Vent Shades & All Weather Floor Trays and Dark Tint. LOVE MY ACCORD!!! :)

post #4 of 9 Old 07-04-2012, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
drb
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda446 View Post
just have a question: how did you get to the dealership? I can't say I've ever had someone take me to a dealership and drop me off to buy a car. maybe to pick up my own car from the service dept but never to buy one. IMO to go to a dealership expecting to make a deal is a bit assuming.

not that I'm saying what they did was right, but I can't imagine any dealer feeling obligated to 'give you a ride home' after you decided not to make a deal with them. there's always two sides to the story and somewhere in between are the facts. it would be nice to hear Crown Hondas side.

BTW, you said "Jeff Hicks and Crown Honda had the chance to do the right thing and they did not." what would you have considered the 'right thing to do' after the fact?
You are correct. There is always 2 sides to the story. A few more details. We had already decided on a price and everything was good. We were paying cash. At that point is when our ride left the dealership. After we met with the finance guy to complete the transaction is when we learned that the only way they would complete the deal is for us to finance with them. We had several other suggestions but they would not budge. Their own sales manager, Jim Moebius called their performance idiotic and incompetence on top of incompetence. Those are his words, not mine. That gives me some indication of how this turned into a bad situation. Thanks
post #5 of 9 Old 07-04-2012, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
drb
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1ack_Band1t View Post
So, you could had a chance to get 3 tanks of gas and you rather chose nothing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Maybe I should have accepted that offer.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Honda only...

I am sure you know that a finance car is cheaper than a cash price.The bank gives the dealership some kind of kick back.
I am confuse did you walk away from the deal?
You can walk away from any deal you don't feel comfortable with and i hope you did?

2010 CR-V EX
2009 EX-L V6 Sedan

Last edited by jhv357; 07-04-2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: edit
post #7 of 9 Old 07-04-2012, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
drb
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv357 View Post
I am sure you know that a finance car is cheaper and a cash price.The bank gives the dealership some kind of kick back.
I am confuse did you walk away from the deal?
You can walk away from any deal you don't feel comfortable with and i hope you did?
I did walk away from the deal. I want other people to look at other dealerships before going to Crown Honda.

Also, you are right, the bank does give the dealer a kickback and that is precisely one of the two things that Asbury Automotive,they own Crown Honda of Greensboro, was sued for and lost. (The dealer is required to disclose that detail.)It was a class action lawsuit and they had to pay $5.4 million. You can google the settlement. It is Campbell vs Asbury Auto Group.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-04-2012, 06:55 PM

So don't buy a car from them because............ they couldn't or didn't want to give you a deal that was on your terms and not theirs.

As for an employee not giving you a ride home, I'm not sure I would've done it either. One, you're a complete stranger. Two, if you or your wife were injured in an accident during the ride I would then be held liable for any injuries, so it's sort of understandable that no one was willing to give you a ride home.

Your ride shouldn't have left until all papers were signed.

If this would have been your 2nd car with them, then that must mean the 1st purchase was problem free, right?

And don't misunderstand what I'm saying here... I'm not defending them. There could have been a miscommunication during the price negotiation before you went into the finance office to sign paper work.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-04-2012, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
drb
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by namegoeshere View Post
So don't buy a car from them because............ they couldn't or didn't want to give you a deal that was on your terms and not theirs.

As for an employee not giving you a ride home, I'm not sure I would've done it either. One, you're a complete stranger. Two, if you or your wife were injured in an accident during the ride I would then be held liable for any injuries, so it's sort of understandable that no one was willing to give you a ride home.

Your ride shouldn't have left until all papers were signed.

If this would have been your 2nd car with them, then that must mean the 1st purchase was problem free, right?

And don't misunderstand what I'm saying here... I'm not defending them. There could have been a miscommunication during the price negotiation before you went into the finance office to sign paper work.
You are right. It would have been risky for them to give us a ride home. I just wish they had just stayed with us in the dealership until our ride arrived. And in hindsight, our ride should have stayed.

The first car purchase was problem free-it was a smooth transaction. That is the reason we returned to this dealer. We learned a lesson in that we won't buy a car from Crown Honda of Greensboro and we can't recommend this dealership to anyone. Thanks
Advertisement

Tags
crown honda greensboro, jeff hicks, jim moebius

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.