is hondapartsnow.com a legit site? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 12-29-2011, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
09 CBP Sedan V6 Navi

is hondapartsnow.com a legit site?

Looking to order to a few items from this dealer and was wondering if any member has any experience with this site.

Thanks

Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 12-29-2011, 12:55 PM
(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ ~┻━┻

Send a message via AIM to Aramas Send a message via MSN to Aramas
Yep. Definitely a legit dealership out in Cali. Made a few orders from them and got them within a week.

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 5AT I4
[Crystal Black Pearl | Black Interior]
OEM Interior Illumination | OEM Wing Spoiler | Llumar ATC 35% Tint
Interior/Exterior LEDs | Crosstour Shifter | OEM Auto Day/Night Mirror
OEM Cargo Hooks | V6 Front and Rear Bumpers | Hoen Endurance Fogs
OEM Inspire Mirrors (LHD) | OEM Power Folding Mirror Switch | Passport 9500ix Blue
WeatherTech Digi Fit Mats | Mugen Grille | Type R Emblems Front and Rear
post #3 of 22 Old 12-29-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordinLyVietz View Post
is hondapartsnow.com a legit site?

Thanks
Short answer: Yes.

post #4 of 22 Old 12-29-2011, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
09 CBP Sedan V6 Navi

thanks for the quick reply. Looking to order 19 HFP rims from them. The cheapest around .At first they cancelled my order stating:

"We are writing to inform you that order 57145 has been voided. Your order has been voided because of the following reason:
Hello, Since your order is over $750.00 we will not be able to accept payment from a credit or debit card. Instead, we do offer an alternative method: WIRE TRANSFER/DIRECT DEPOSIT. If you are interested, please let us know via email or phone. We can provide you with a shipping date and availability for your parts together with the wire transfer information via email. If you are not interested, please disregard this message. Since the order has been canceled, the authorization will be removed from your account within a few business days. Regards, Customer Service Hondapartsnow.com"

Which I thought was complete b/s and questioned their creditability. I called up customer service and they suggested to me to make to 2 separate orders which came out to about $499 for 2 rims(shipped). Which is roughly about a $1000 compared to $979 which was my original order.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again
post #5 of 22 Old 12-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Michael

Sounds like ordering in two batches is your best bet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/

/

post #6 of 22 Old 12-29-2011, 01:14 PM

If they won't take credit for that amount, I'd go somewhere else.

A credit card will protect you, a (bank) wire transfer won't if something goes wrong (damaged product, missing something, etc.). You never know.
post #7 of 22 Old 12-29-2011, 01:32 PM
(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ ~┻━┻

Send a message via AIM to Aramas Send a message via MSN to Aramas
I'd do the two orders. You're still saving pretty much $200 on the wheels compared to MSRP, especially if this is the cheapest you can find.

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 5AT I4
[Crystal Black Pearl | Black Interior]
OEM Interior Illumination | OEM Wing Spoiler | Llumar ATC 35% Tint
Interior/Exterior LEDs | Crosstour Shifter | OEM Auto Day/Night Mirror
OEM Cargo Hooks | V6 Front and Rear Bumpers | Hoen Endurance Fogs
OEM Inspire Mirrors (LHD) | OEM Power Folding Mirror Switch | Passport 9500ix Blue
WeatherTech Digi Fit Mats | Mugen Grille | Type R Emblems Front and Rear
post #8 of 22 Old 12-29-2011, 01:35 PM

Or contact our forum sponsor College Hills Honda to see if they'll meet or beat their price.

You might also want to check pricing (with shipping) with . Same wheels are less than $2 more, but shipping could be less.
post #9 of 22 Old 12-29-2011, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
09 CBP Sedan V6 Navi

Thanks for the input i'll consider all options before going forward.

I actually called up College Hills and the best they could do for me is $300/rim. he said he would probably be losing almost $60 a rim if he were to price match.

anyone bought stuff from Honda Car Parts dot com?

going back to hondapartsnow.com... any one have any reason why they don't accept anything over $750? i called them and the guy told me it has something to do with their credit card company and billing department. it's hard to think to put in another order after hearing about this since so much money is involved.
post #10 of 22 Old 12-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Michael

As long as you are using a credit card you're protected, so you can be confident.

/

/

post #11 of 22 Old 06-14-2012, 04:00 PM
My First Post

Quote:
Looking to order to a few items from this dealer and was wondering if any member has any experience with this site.

Thanks
Yes, I've had experience with this site. A TERRIBLE experience, here is my story:

I have a Honda Civic 2001 LX, coupe automatic with about 82k miles on it. I was overdue for a timing belt and water pump replacement, so I thought I should get my ass on it.

I went to hondapartsnow and bought all the necessary parts I needed. The part for the timing belt that I ordered was 14400-PMM-A02. So anyway, I took it to a mechanic, he took all my parts, did the work, cost $310 for labor, done (all the parts I bought were a total of $125 after shipping).

Anyway, so I'm driving to another city which is about 250 miles away, half way there, I'm doing 60-70 MPH on a major highway when all of a sudden I hear a noise and notice my accelerator doesn't work anymore. I panic and pull over to the side of the road. Turn off my car. Wait, try to turn it back on, doesn't turn on.

Awesome. Get my car towed to a Pepboys (ugh). I call a friend who comes gets me (100 miles away) and leave my car there. Finally they determine that the wrong belt was installed in my car. The part they found in my car is a 14400-P2F-A01. WTF? Anyway, I go back down and pick up my car.

I checked my invoice on the parts I ordered, I definitely ordered 14400-PMM-A02. I went back to the repair shop and they said they installed the parts I gave them, and that they have no other spare timing belts around so they couldn't have accidentally installed another part. The guy said I should take it up with the supplier (which I'm currently doing), though he said if they don't help me he is willing to refund half of the labor.

I called the supplier, they are only willing to refund that specific part ($20 total) and that's it. At the moment I'm just going to call the credit card company and dispute the entire invoice amount ($125). I suppose I could try to take them to small claims court but it may be more trouble than it is worth.

The mechanic that did the work gave me a refund for $200 of the labor, so he was pretty nice about and took care of me. I'd still recommend him simply because of his customer service.

So essentially, if they mess up, they won't take care of you at all. I wouldn't shop with them at all. There are plenty of other places to get Honda OEM parts.
post #12 of 22 Old 06-28-2012, 07:39 PM
dont deviate

Legit website but meh.
-Ordered a small and thin $20 part, shipping was $12.
-Really the part could've been mailed in an envelope.
-Had to wait an extra week while they sourced the part from elsewhere.
-But they were courteous to email and tell me so.

/94EX CD7 G77M/DZ-D1/JDM S2K HID/18RH-C5/WW-T/(gone)
/07SE CM5 NH700M/17V6-6/OEM LIP/Decklid/Hybrid LED/TSX HID/
/02IS BD1 B01B 8N8/TRD/SD/
post #13 of 22 Old 08-31-2012, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

I ordered parts for my 2005 Accord Hybrid on Wednesday, I received them today (Friday). One thing I learned a very long time ago... Check all orders when you receive them against the packing list. That way, if you get a wrong item (and it can happen on occasion as nobody is perfect), you can have the error corrected immediately. I did save $100 over the cost the local dealership was going to charge me for the parts and another $200 in labor by using my regular mechanic.

I checked prices for every site I could find online including my local dealership who gave me a written quote for the parts and labor to install. Local Honda dealer had to order the parts out themselves and couldn't do the work until the end of next week. Parts arrived today, car will be fixed on Monday! NOBODY could beat HONDAPARTSNOW.COM's prices.
post #14 of 22 Old 08-31-2012, 05:33 PM
4th Gear

Something to consider is sales tax. Hondapartsnow.com ships out of California so all orders going to California will be charged a 9.25% sales tax. Being from California, I try to find retailers in neighboring states. I learned Hondapartsunlimited.com sells out of Arizona and I've used them a couple of times. Of course, you should compare shipping rates as well to see which is the better bargain. Maybe we can get a list going of all the online retailers and where they ship out from and what taxes/handling fees, if any, apply.

2003 Accord Coupe EX-V6, Black, Automatic
post #15 of 22 Old 08-31-2012, 07:48 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Looking to order 19 HFP rims from them. The cheapest around
No experience with either site, but they are

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.