Financing Options - Drive Accord Honda Forums |
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-10-2017, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Financing Options

I am picking up my 2017 Accord Hybrid EX-L tomorrow, and I am taking advantage of Honda .9% financing for up to 60 months. It seems to be the best bet out there right now. I am financing $10K. I had planned to go with 48 months and pay down principal each month. Coworkers have suggested that I might as well go with 60 months. I would still pay down the loan each month. Interest either way should be minimal. Any thoughts? Thanks.

post #2 of 2 Old 02-10-2017, 08:39 AM
2nd Gear

0.9% APR is almost free money. I got 0.9% APR for 60 months on my 2017 Accord and put $0 down, and plan on just doing monthly payments for the life of the loan. My rational is that over the 5 year loan, I'll only pay ~$500 in interest. I can easily make well over $500 a year investing the $25K I would have spent on the Accord up front into a low risk money market. Some people like the "freedom" of not having a car payment. I like earning money off my investments.

2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser 6MT (Modded Offroader)
2017 Honda Accord Sport 6MT (Stock Daily Driver)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.