HondaPartsNow.com - Worst vendor in history - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
3Likes
  • 2 Post By Kaiser_
  • 1 Post By RickBlaine
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-12-2016, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

HondaPartsNow.com - Worst vendor in history

After doing some research I ordered a case (30) of the -A01 oil filters as listed on their website. The filters showed up a few days later, and I was delivered the -A02 filters, which are inferior, rebadged Fram filters.

I contacted Ryan with customer service and he issued an RMA for the return of the filters. The RMA listed the correct filter number (A01). I had to ship the filters back at my own expense ($22) A couple of days later he told me they had received the filters back, and that they would issue a refund, less the 20% restocking fee. I told him I would dispute the charge with my CC company, as the incorrect filters were delivered. I initiated the charge back. Two months later, they responded to my credit card company saying "they had never received the filters, and the RMA response form was illegible. Further, reception of an RMA does not mean that the buyer had shipped the products back". The RMA was folded up and returned in the box of filters per their instructions! The response was provided by Nick M.

I am furious. I have tracking confirmation from UPS showing that the filters were delivered and signed for by someone named Amauno. We are on to round two now, and I am waiting on a return call from my CC company. I am a little put out with them as well, since I provided the tracking and delivery information when I submitted the dispute to prove I had returned the filters.

I will post on every forum that I am a member of about this company and their lack of customer service. I will NEVER recommend them to anyone and I will do my very best to make sure no one else ever orders from them, either. This is easily the worst experience I have ever had with any online vendor

I know a first post on a forum makes me look bad, but I have been part of online communities for the last 15 years. This is my most negative experience to date with any company, in any area of business.

Edit: I bought a 2015 Accord Sport last fall, and wanted to purchase the OEM filters since I do all of my own service.

OCtoLV702 and kobayashi like this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaiser_ For This Useful Post:
chriso (07-25-2016), kobayashi (07-12-2016), OCtoLV702 (07-13-2016)
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Dsclmr:DIY YourOwnRisks

Thank you for sharing. What a loser company shipping wrong item and making you pay for returning. Your track is good enough to work with your CC. I would be pissed. If I were you, I would demand them to send the right item and let them take care of their own wrong item with will call. Good thing, i was about to place an order. Bait and switch, Report it to BBB.

post #3 of 11 Old 07-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Don't drink and drive

Garage
I recently bought I part and was looking at them too.

You know Fram makes OEM filters for Honda, right?

2005 Honda Accord V6 LX - 177k
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2003 Ford F-150
2015 Rocky Mountain Soul (Runs on fat)

2005 Toyota Corolla
2011 Ninja 250R
2006 Cadillac CTS
1999 Nissan Altima

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Ordinary people have big TVs. Extraordinary people have big libraries." - Robin Sharma

post #4 of 11 Old 07-12-2016, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

There are two filters as I understand it. One (15400-PLM-A01) is made by Filtech, Toyo Roki. It has better interior construction and more filter area. The other (15400-PLM-A02) is a Fram and has cardboard end caps.

Read more here:

There are also lots of other links available by google, but they all pretty much agree that the better filter is the A01.
post #5 of 11 Old 07-12-2016, 01:50 PM
2nd Gear

These guys sell the A01s and I can vouch for them that they send A01's because I got a 6-pack from them recently.
post #6 of 11 Old 07-12-2016, 04:55 PM

Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,360 Posts
You know, this A01 vs. A02 is beaten to death. Some people make it out that your engine will explode if you use the other filter because it has cardboard end caps.

Far more important- to me, is checking the oil level and using a good quality oil. I have sent in samples to Blackstone Labs each year, and have not verified a discernible difference between the filtering capabilities of these two filters. So for me, it does not matter which I use.

I've also been shipped the wrong items- it happens. Good for you for jotting down names and conversations. They made a mistake. It takes time, but your credit card company will verify your tracking numbers.
Dev1ant likes this.
post #7 of 11 Old 07-13-2016, 12:37 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenPT View Post
These guys sell the A01s and I can vouch for them that they send A01's because I got a 6-pack from them recently.
Yep, great place to do business with.

2017 Honda Accord Sport WOP
2014 Honda Accord Sport
2007 Ford Crown Vic
2008 Honda Civic Si
2008 Nissan Frontier SE
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2006 Honda CBR 600RR (wrecked)
2005 Toyota Tundra
2003 Chevy S10
1996 Honda Civic EX
1992 Honda Accord LX
1989 Dodge Ram 1500
1983 Toyota P/U
1985 to 1996 Several bicycles and skateboards
post #8 of 11 Old 07-13-2016, 03:46 PM
My First Post

Matt i totally agree with you being so upset, we dropped the ball big time. i will make this right and provide you full refund including any extra shipping expenses to start. i sent you an email to call me to work out the details.

Thanks
Bob Martin
post #9 of 11 Old 07-25-2016, 02:56 AM
Ice
6th Gear

^^ I'm glad to see the vendor has responded back. Please keep us updated on the process and the status of this saga.

For what it's worth, most Honda dealer/technicians don't differentiate the difference between A01 and A02 filters like we do. It's all the same to them so I can see why they shipped you the A02 filters and acted like it's your fault. In any case, it sucks that HondaPartsnow only properly responded after you aired it out to the public. I hope they will train the people handling your order. The way you were treated was very wrong and I hope Mr Bob Martin will do it right for you.

Ice

2013 EX-L Sport V6, MSM/Black

Mods
- Llumar 30 + Air Blue 80
- B&I Wood Trim, exLED interior, deck lid spoiler, WeatherTech floor liner
- MUGEN Hydrophilic mirror, Sill garnish, SS RSX pedals
- Injen CAI, RV6 HFPC, Redtail exhaust, Sport wheels
- Rammat BXTII, Ensolite, Big 3
- Audison bit Ten, Kenwood XR-5S, Vifa XT25, Hertz HV165, IDQ12
- RX8 Projectors w/ Curved shield + E30 lens, Hella Gen 3, Osram Xenarc 66240 CBI, Philips HIR2, VLED VX3

2008 EX-L Night Hawk/Ivory, RIP

post #10 of 11 Old 07-28-2016, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Just a quick update. After some back and forth, I have received a refund from HondaPartsNow. I am thankful that they fixed the issue, but am still a little disappointed in the experience overall. With multiple vendors selling the same product for the same price (any industry) customer service and support is what differentiates a reputable company from one that is not.
post #11 of 11 Old 07-28-2016, 06:18 AM
Don't drink and drive

Garage
Business-wise, a good review will gain you about 5 customers. A bad review, however, will turn away 100 customers. If a vendor screws up, the monetary loss for fixing the issue will be less than the loss due to a bad review, which will potentially turn away 100 customers' business.

If you're one that always looks at reviews before doing major business, then you know how important they are.

2005 Honda Accord V6 LX - 177k
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2003 Ford F-150
2015 Rocky Mountain Soul (Runs on fat)

2005 Toyota Corolla
2011 Ninja 250R
2006 Cadillac CTS
1999 Nissan Altima

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Ordinary people have big TVs. Extraordinary people have big libraries." - Robin Sharma
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.