Geico Body Shops in NYC/LI ? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-05-2016, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Geico Body Shops in NYC/LI ?

Hi,

As mentioned in a similar thread, my parents were involved in an accident with their 2013 accord, that might be repaired. If the adjuster doesn't total the car, then Geico suggested going to one of their repair shops where they have an insurance adjuster on site at all times. They said they would guarantee the work for life. Has anyone used their shops to repair their cars? I want to ensure they use OEM parts, and do a good job with the paint. I've had repairs in the past where the paint starts bubbling / flaking off. Is this covered?

Thanks!

Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Cruisin'

Garage
SlateAccord You do not have to go to "their" body shop. The choice is yours. Geico just has contracts with the list of body shops they provide.

Even the Geico site says you can choose:

Here's another informative site:

I suggest getting a few appraisals, and base your decision on history of quality workmanship, word of mouth (ask family and friends near you for a good body shop), and price.

Regarding your past experiences with flaking/bubbling paint: it's covered if there was a warranty and the issues occurred during the warranty period.

Ask Geico and the body shop(s) as many questions as you have asked here lol

post #3 of 5 Old 07-06-2016, 04:03 AM
Out of Control

I used them and one of their authorized repair centers. The customer service end was fantastic, they have a rent a car right there for you and tell you that your car will be ready the next day and will be guaranteed for life and that they are in it together with you. The car was an older CRV that I had just hit a deer with that needed minimal repairs (radiator, condenser, headlight and front bumper). I really didn't care about O.E. on an older car.

Well, everything was done when they said it would be and the car worked but other than the headlight everything else looked cheap to me. Even the push pins were really cheap and not the Honda variety, the wiring was not routed correctly. I had to take off the lower radiator hose and rerun the wires. They didn't use Honda coolant. I later sold the CRV to a family member and there were no problems but I feel that the lip service is all about saving them money. Since your parent's Accord is on the newer side although not very valuable side I would shop around a little if you can wait or just get another car. A 2013 Accord can't be worth that much anymore.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-06-2016, 05:02 AM
7th Gear

When I was rear ended about 2 years ago I took it to the Honda dealer and they became the middle man between the insurance company, body shop and the rental. This allowed them to work out a price with the insurance company about the rental and what the body shop will accept. Also this will also guarantee that the parts are new OEM and not aftermarket or salvaged from a car. The dealer I went to is Nardy Honda. I am assuming that your parents live around Queens since your looking for body shops around NYC. So this dealer might be to far for your parents.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2013 Accord Sport
XenonDepot 5000K HID | V6 LED Headlights
LED Tail lights | Glovebox Light Wired
Gutter Guard Protection | Courtesy Light Wired
ExLED Map, Dome, Reverse light and Reflectors
Viper Ultra Tint 18% | LED License and Trunk light
post #5 of 5 Old 07-07-2016, 06:36 AM
2nd Gear

When I needed have my accord repaired after somebody hitting it in a parking lot, I inquired with the Honda dealer that I bought the car from. The dealer was running a Geico shop and when I asked them about the parts (OEM, new, etc), procedures etc because the car was barerly one year old, they told me that they will do/install whatever Geico tells them. For this reason, I found an independent shop that had my best interests and not Geico's.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.