Paragon Honda service Queens go at your own risk - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-25-2009, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
06 accord V6 LX

Send a message via AIM to nyhunter Send a message via Yahoo to nyhunter
Paragon Honda service Queens go at your own risk

here goes my story

Went there for oil change and tire rotation and balance initially all was good until the service writer calls me over to tell me that i needed rear brakes, my cabin filter and my fuel injectors to be cleaned here is the breakdown of the cost

Brakes 250
Cabin filter 145
fuel injector cleaning 165 and was going to give me a 10 % DISCOUNT
i WANTED TO ASK IF HE WAS GOING TO KISS ME FIRST OR GIVE ME A REACH AROUND....Before he F..... Me. I walked only got the oil change and the rotation
With this in mind i am still looking for a good service shop or dealer I mean i do not mind paying for a fair service charge but 145 for a cabin filter come on. if anyone one has any suggestions would greatly appreciated.
Regards to all

2006 Accord V6.
LX 4 door.
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-25-2009, 04:19 PM
1st Gear

The local Honda dealership here wanted to charge me $70.00 dollars to change my cabin filter. They told me that it was dirty and it needed to be changed badly. Funny thing was, I had replaced it two weeks before I decided to get the oil changed!!! They pulled the same thing about the air filter. I had changed it the same day I changed the cabin filter.

150 for a cabin filter is insane!!!

2007 Accord EX-L V6 Auto
20% Window Tint
iPod Connetor
Rear Spoiler

Stock ( for now ) fast ass grocery getter!!!
post #3 of 6 Old 05-25-2009, 09:10 PM
14 Lexus ES350

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhunter View Post
here goes my story

Went there for oil change and tire rotation and balance initially all was good until the service writer calls me over to tell me that i needed rear brakes, my cabin filter and my fuel injectors to be cleaned here is the breakdown of the cost

Brakes 250
Cabin filter 145
fuel injector cleaning 165 and was going to give me a 10 % DISCOUNT
i WANTED TO ASK IF HE WAS GOING TO KISS ME FIRST OR GIVE ME A REACH AROUND....Before he F..... Me. I walked only got the oil change and the rotation
With this in mind i am still looking for a good service shop or dealer I mean i do not mind paying for a fair service charge but 145 for a cabin filter come on. if anyone one has any suggestions would greatly appreciated.
Regards to all
I too am looking for a good reputable dealer in NY Metro/ Long Island area. I used to go to Huntington Honda but after what seems like total sloppy job. I wont be going there anymore. The worked on my passenger seat rattle. After the work is done, they somehow failed to notice that one of the clip in back of the seat cover is broken. Now i'm driving with back of passenger seat cover opened half way out. Silly me for nothing checking it before i drove off. Anyways, Hillside Honda is getting some crazy good reviews at dealerrater.com.
But i think its actually hillside honda rigging the system. Too good to be true. Maybe you can check it out and tell us how they are =)

post #4 of 6 Old 05-26-2009, 03:00 AM
Wisdom Born of Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxerg3770 View Post
I too am looking for a good reputable dealer in NY Metro/ Long Island area. I used to go to Huntington Honda but after what seems like total sloppy job. I wont be going there anymore. The worked on my passenger seat rattle. After the work is done, they somehow failed to notice that one of the clip in back of the seat cover is broken. Now i'm driving with back of passenger seat cover opened half way out. Silly me for nothing checking it before i drove off. Anyways, Hillside Honda is getting some crazy good reviews at dealerrater.com.
But i think its actually hillside honda rigging the system. Too good to be true. Maybe you can check it out and tell us how they are =)
Please let Bob Carpenter know of what happened, he is the service manger at HH. I am certain everything will be corrected to your satisfaction. Your experience is not the norm, it has not been like that for me or anyone else I have spoken with. I have no financial interest in HH, however, they do appreciate DA members and give us an employee discount on parts and service an will be hosting the second DA meet this summer.

2008 Honda Accord LX-P Sedan Taffeta White
  • XB35 4500K Morimoto HID
  • Morimoto H1 Retrofit
  • Ultra Racing Upper Strut Bar
  • TSX Rear Sway Bar
  • Spyder LED Tail Light w/Tubes
  • PUTCO LED Dome Light Kit
  • Chrome grill overlay
  • Odyssey Lower Grill
  • Stainless steel door sills
  • Crosstour Leather Shift Knob
  • EX-L "Wood" Interior
  • Llumar High Performance 35% Tint
  • Rear Lip

Squirrels ...............nature's speed bump
post #5 of 6 Old 06-05-2009, 05:10 PM
VTAKKKK

Send a message via AIM to CYANiDE
Bought my 06 EX from them. Salesperson was great, and only this is they really pushed Honda Care on me, which I didn't like at all. Other than that, good so far.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-10-2009, 08:39 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYANiDE View Post
Bought my 06 EX from them. Salesperson was great, and only this is they really pushed Honda Care on me, which I didn't like at all. Other than that, good so far.
That's what I heard about these guys. Still I don't break at all to these tactics and will straight out tell them to shut up about it. I may take the chance because their used cars are very competitive. Down here Piazza Honda thinks they are the only Honda dealer. I called for a 06 Accord EX 4cyl with 24k miles, they wanted 17.5 for it and I offered them 15.5 and they wouldn't take it. Meanwhile Paragon has similar priced Accords at $15k.

[SIZE="1"]
2007 TSX - Auto - 93k miles - Non Nav - CGP - Mine
2009 Altima 2.5 SL - 123k miles - Auto - Sister's
1999 Accord LX Sedan - Auto - 109k miles Dad's
2012 Camry LE - Auto - 18k miles Mom's
2016 Pilot - 22k miles Sister's
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.