How to complain to Honda Corporate - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
2Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 28 Old 05-13-2014, 07:47 AM
My First Post

I just had the exact opposite experience. They said even though over 40 complaints (I had identified over a Honda-Tech Forum) stated they had the exact same problem, "America Honda" didn't recognize that as being an issue. She refused to open up a ticket for me to lodge a complaint nor did she say I had any recourse for a complaint. Very sad state of affairs for customer service.

Advertisement

post #17 of 28 Old 07-28-2014, 08:54 AM
My First Post

Unhappy Honda - dishonest dealers - car problems galore!

I have a 2004 Honda Odessey that I bought at Casey Honda in Newport News, VA. They lied to me a number of times and tried to get me to fix things they'd cleared the week before. I am on the 3rd transmission (not cheap!). When the last one was replaced in September 2012, they told me I had a 3 year, 50,000 mile warranty on it. They refused to give me anything in writing so I noted it on my receipt in front of the service manager and clarified it a couple of times. Now, at less than 3 years out and 44,000 miles, it's starting to slip. I called about getting it checked and confirm the warranty and was told that it was only for 36,000 miles.
I bought a Honda because I thought they were good vehicles. I will never have another, nor will I deal with another Honda dealership. I've heard from too many people about other dishonest Honda dealerships. I moved and last year tried Urse Honda in Clarksburg, WV. They gave me a huge list of things needing done to my car to the tune of thousands of dollars - including a new oil pan. I took it to another highly recommended repair shop and they didn't find the problems Urse said I had. I specifically asked about the condition of the oil pan and they said it was fine. When these problems have occured and I've asked the service manager and dealership manager what they can do about it, they coldly say "nothing" and one of them even walked off. They've been rude, dishonest and not willing to stand behind their product at all.

post #18 of 28 Old 08-25-2015, 12:51 PM
My First Post

Angry Shocked by treatment I received at West Broad Honda in Richmond, Va

I have been a long standing customer of Honda. In fact just bought a Honda Crosstour last year because of the service I have received in the past. I needed a state inspection so I went on line to see if this required an appointment. No info. When I had called in the past about an oil change I was told I did not need an app. So I incorrectly assumed This was another service they offered w/o an appointment. My mistake BUT I drove in and asked if I could get my car inspected. I was asked if I had app. I did not. I said I tried to check web site but no info. The technician said I Will let them know! I asked when I could get an appointment and he rudely said not until the first week of Sept. I told him I had an 8 sticker and needed car inspected before Sept. He said he had NO APPOINTMENTS IN THE NEXT 4 days to do it. He told me "just drive down Broad St. and you will find some place!"
I was shocked at his manner but I must say I had read recent comments about the service at this dealership and they were extremely Poor. I did not believe it until today. What has happened to my wonderful service area? I went to Midas (down Broad St) and was treated with respect and got my car inspected within the hour. They encouraged me to come there for service. I may just do that.
It is 5 hours later and I am still so mad and upset over the way I was treated. Could not believe that this technician was so rude. Usually they are so accommodating. At least he could have been more helpful rather than just dismissing me out of the Service Area. No sorry, etc..

post #19 of 28 Old 08-25-2015, 01:36 PM
5th Gear

It sounds like the tech's manner could use some polishing, but it's not surprising that a busy dealer could not get you in in four days. It's also not surprising that they didn't make an extra effort to perform a service that you really can have done at dozens of places. Perhaps they'd have tried to squeeze you in if your car was undriveable.

As for Midas, my last experience with them was in the 1980s. At that time, I found that the parts they used rusted out very quickly. They warrantied the parts, but charged again for the labor. So I stopped using them. Perhaps they have improved, but you should check into it.

2006 SE Sedan I4 5MT
post #20 of 28 Old 09-18-2015, 08:39 PM
My First Post

Honda of America -extreme poor customer service

I have had a Pontiac, a Plymouth, a Chrysler, a Ford, 2 Toyotas and 2 Honda Civics. Hands down, the worst, most problematic vehicle was the Honda. I had to replace everything on the car except the actual engine. I replaced the IMA battery (twice), the transmission, the catalytic converter, all oxygen sensors and numerous other parts commonly expected to be replaced-ALL OUT OF POCKET! Honda could care less about their design errors and refused to be responsible for ANY of them. They even programmed the ECM/ECU to reduce the vehicle's fuel economy -AFTER I specifically told them not to update the ECM/ECU. Then they said it was not reversable and left it at that! The last vehicle I will be purchasing, will be a Honda. It is a shame that Honda of America has been reduced to this!
post #21 of 28 Old 09-19-2015, 07:56 AM
8TH GEN BELIEVER

My experience was different. My 2003 EXL V6coupe went through two failed transmissions in its first three years. They stone-walled. When the THIRD trans failed, they stone-walled again.

OEM fogs / 22mm Progress RSB / Ultra Racing FSB / Koni FSDs / Modulo grille / debadged trunk /

Previous cars: 2003 EXL V6 Accord Coupe
1995 Accord EX Sedan
1985 Mercedes 300 Turbodiesel
1989 Volvo S90 Turbo
post #22 of 28 Old 09-19-2015, 06:12 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda-No-More View Post
I have had a Pontiac, a Plymouth, a Chrysler, a Ford, 2 Toyotas and 2 Honda Civics. Hands down, the worst, most problematic vehicle was the Honda. I had to replace everything on the car except the actual engine. I replaced the IMA battery (twice), the transmission, the catalytic converter, all oxygen sensors and numerous other parts commonly expected to be replaced-ALL OUT OF POCKET! Honda could care less about their design errors and refused to be responsible for ANY of them. They even programmed the ECM/ECU to reduce the vehicle's fuel economy -AFTER I specifically told them not to update the ECM/ECU. Then they said it was not reversable and left it at that! The last vehicle I will be purchasing, will be a Honda. It is a shame that Honda of America has been reduced to this!

Did you join the forum just to complain about it?
post #23 of 28 Old 05-19-2016, 03:24 PM
My First Post

2007 Honda Accord, v6, complaint

Bought car used in 2010. In 2011 I noticed a noise coming from the front passenger side, a scraping sound. I took my car in and they could not find anything, so took my car n left. Yes there was no sound. It was strange because the noise was gone. Well needless to say the sound came back. Again took car in, several times after that. Sometimes Paid for different repairs, according to services was what was causing the sound. Sometimes wasn't charged as they could not find where it was coming from or that there was no sound. The last time I took my car because noise was becoming louder. Advised the service rep that I had the noise on recorder as I did several times before. They called n said couldn't find the noise n that there would b no charge. Called back spoke a service person letting him know I was very upset. Asked that I bring my car back n leave over nite. Asked why didn't they ask that the other times as I always told them that the was in the morning n that once car warns up the sound was gone.
I've always happy with the services however I'm prepared to report the problem to the Better Business Bureau.
I would appreciate your immediate response.
is offline
post #24 of 28 Old 08-28-2016, 10:14 AM
My First Post

Thumbs down Honda recall of passenger airbags

I have called the airbag hotline in the last 2 months several times regarding the passenger airbag fix. The only suggestion I got from one speaker was to have my wife sit in the back seat while I await the fix. When the driver side air bag fix, we were given rentals to deal with it.

My wife sitting in the back during a 2-5 day trip is ridiculous. The responder on the phone said some Honda manager would get back to me on the possibility of getting a rental that was over 2 weeks ago with still no response.

My 2010 Insight it a neglected model which has been discontinued. My Honda dealer stated that I was to call the 1-888 number to get information which so far has been lacking.

I am really unhappy with your progress and response to date on my car #JHMZE2H55AS014095.

My contact information has been taken several times and I am very frustrated with your company follow-ups.

(NAME REMOVED)
Burlingame, CA
[email REMOVED][/email]

Last edited by RickBlaine; 08-29-2016 at 09:06 AM. Reason: remove personal info
post #25 of 28 Old 08-29-2016, 09:05 AM

Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,362 Posts
Dude, we ain't Honda. This is a car forum. Do you complain to a phone booth about the battery life of your iPhone 3?
jimijam likes this.

2005 Accord EX-L
2-door Coupe
PZEV emission vehicle (!)
4-cylinder, 5-speed Automatic Transmission
16.5 pound Acura RSX 16 inch wheels & 215/55R 16 Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires
145k miles (as of Jan '18)
post #26 of 28 Old 08-29-2016, 06:06 PM
Honda only...

I tried calling the 800 number about my CRV air bag recall and all I get is a busy signal!
It's almost winter now and I still haven't received my second letter to inform me about the part being available .

2010 CR-V EX
2009 EX-L V6 Sedan
post #27 of 28 Old 08-29-2016, 06:38 PM
Roll Tide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
Dude, we ain't Honda. This is a car forum. Do you complain to a phone booth about the battery life of your iPhone 3?
RickBlaine likes this.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28 of 28 Old 11-22-2016, 02:53 PM
My First Post

Unhappy the 61 year old man

i bought a 2012 honda civic with 24000 miles last year, this year transmision died without warning with 34000 miles.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.