Window visors, what do you guys think? - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
2Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 34 Old 02-08-2013, 12:28 PM
No lifetime fluids!

Lets take a look back at part of your first post today.
Quote:
Why do you all put these on? I dont have them and I certainly dont get "rain water" in my windows and doors.
The whole quoted parts SCREAMS arrogance. Especially the first sentence and then putting the words rain water in quotes. First off come across a bit friendlier, it'll work out better

So I asked you why you put a CAI on. You gave me reasons as to why you feel that part is significant and I gave you reasons as to why I thought my part is significant. All said and done, we both had reasons for WANTING these parts.

I don't hate CAI's. It's something you put on your vehicle that you enjoy and find significant so I'm going to question it and give my opinion on it -- same as you feel about window visors. Sure, I'll admit it, I don't see the need for a CAI and would never add one. IMO, the factory airbox is fine.

That image was intended as one thing, a simple joke. You can't take a joke? Come'on jeez lighten up a bit! If you put a joke up about window visors I'd find it funny as hell. Be happy

'09 LX 5MT Sedan - ASM/BLK
V1, OEM splash guards, leather wheel,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'87 Regal with an LSx
Advertisement

post #17 of 34 Old 02-08-2013, 12:46 PM
4th Gear

You know me, just so arrogant with my 4 cyl Honda.... Factory air box is decent but K&N makes a good product. Not trying to hijack OPs post here. I feel the same way about mudguards, and side body molding as I do window visors. The function they provide is not worth the decline in aesthetic appeal that comes with it, IMO.

2008 EX-L Coupe 2.4 ASM
post #18 of 34 Old 03-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Four Doors/Three Pedals

I dig splash-guards.

They're "cool," "sick," "wicked," "crazy," "dope," and functional.

I'm also going to get some window visors for my 9th generation Accord EX as soon as they become available.

I'd really like the have the benefit of a moonroof visor, but I just can't get past the look, at least for now.

2013 Honda Accord EX 2.4L 6MT MSM
OEM Splash Guards
OEM Door Visors
OEM Moonroof Visor
FormFit Hood Air Deflector
Horn Upgrade
Pilot Genuine Black Leather Steering Wheel Cover
K&N 33-2498
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus
--
├┼┼╕
246R

post #19 of 34 Old 03-19-2014, 03:35 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhat View Post
Lets take a look back at part of your first post today.

The whole quoted parts SCREAMS arrogance. Especially the first sentence and then putting the words rain water in quotes. First off come across a bit friendlier, it'll work out better

So I asked you why you put a CAI on. You gave me reasons as to why you feel that part is significant and I gave you reasons as to why I thought my part is significant. All said and done, we both had reasons for WANTING these parts.

I don't hate CAI's. It's something you put on your vehicle that you enjoy and find significant so I'm going to question it and give my opinion on it -- same as you feel about window visors. Sure, I'll admit it, I don't see the need for a CAI and would never add one. IMO, the factory airbox is fine.

That image was intended as one thing, a simple joke. You can't take a joke? Come'on jeez lighten up a bit! If you put a joke up about window visors I'd find it funny as hell. Be happy
**chuckles** I get the jokes :-)
post #20 of 34 Old 04-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Apprentice

Yes to the visors. The AVS in channels look best IMO.

2013 Accord Sport WOP
post #21 of 34 Old 04-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Mod it or don't drive it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamacre View Post
IMHO, the ones that fit in the channel look the best.

I hate the ones that stick on the chrome part of the trim and stop at the window leaving a partial chrome finish.

If you smoke, visors are a must.
yep. If you must do it, do it right with the channel ones

Sent from

2013 Accord EX-L V6 4d w/ Navi Blue
-20% Tint, OEM Sport model spoiler, 5000K HID low beams, all int/ext lights replaced with ExLED, 3M Di-Noc interior, JL Audio 12w7, Image Dynamic 6.5, JL 1000/1 and 450/4, big 3 audio upgrade, Weathertech floor mats, AVS hood deflector, Proclip, Siri Eyes Free

2009 Accord EX-L v6 4d Silver
-Myron Davis NV8ACC1 GPS/DVD, K&N air filter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #22 of 34 Old 04-10-2014, 05:56 AM
Apprentice

I've already ordered two different sets of the deflectors for my car from Amazon. First set had scratches everywhere. Second set had a broken deflector. Not to mention, the adhesive was weak. Pretty livid at this point. To anyone curious, it was the in-channel AVS deflectors for the 13-14 Accord Sedan.

2013 Accord Sport WOP
post #23 of 34 Old 05-07-2014, 03:58 AM
1st Gear

I think visors look great
post #24 of 34 Old 04-15-2016, 01:54 PM
pessimistic optimist

Bringing back a long dead thread here. Has anyone used the Well Visors brand of visors for the Accord? Theirs have a chrome strip on them so they don't cover the chrome window surround with black (which I think would look stupid) I had a set on my previous car and they were GREAT, cheap, great fitment, and thicker than the AVS by quite a bit. Of course, they are out of stock until early May right now but hey....
post #25 of 34 Old 04-15-2016, 07:35 PM
J35

Whats better? AVS or Well Visor for a 9th gen?
post #26 of 34 Old 04-26-2016, 01:43 PM
pessimistic optimist

I ended up with the AVS Low Profile with Chrome Trim. The four piece set, they also offer a 6 piece set. They fit great, look great and so far work perfectly, I'm very happy with them.
post #27 of 34 Old 04-26-2016, 04:41 PM
4th Gear

I have the Weathertech in-channel visors, simply because I'm an undiagnosed OCD and cannot stand the way the OEM visors cover up the window chrome surround. But, I've got to admit, the ones on my new coupe don't fit nearly as tightly as the last ones on my sedan. But, hell, they were $60, which isn't as bad as the last happy hour bar bill I got stuck with.

'13 Accord EX-L V6 coupe w/navi, 58K (my daily ride)
'14 Sonata GLS, 23K (wife's grocery getter)
'14 Kia Forte LX, 56K (kid's car at college)
post #28 of 34 Old 08-07-2016, 03:00 PM
1st Gear

I had the WeatherTech visors in my '10 Jetta. They looked good & performed well. My only complaint is the way the inchannel visors take up room in the window channel. The windows will detect a blockage & roll down when trying to close them. This does lessen over time, but is very annoying. Also, I notice that the wind noise increased with the WeatherTech visors. I assume all visors will increase the wind noise.

I'm going with the OEM visors for '16 Accord. I don't want to fight the safety sensors.
post #29 of 34 Old 08-09-2016, 02:29 AM
Third World Class

I ended up purchasing the Weathertech visors cus theyre practical for where i live(104+ degree weather), and the look of the car overall. I dont understand why Honda didnt offer them for the coupe. I own a 2015 EX-L v6 in white and to tell you the truth im really happy to say im the only coupe in my town with them installed. there are sedans with them installed but no coupes, from what ive seen and asked...
post #30 of 34 Old 04-06-2017, 01:43 PM
4th Gear

i do like the functional side of the visors, but it's kinda over price, almost 150 for a set of 4 pieces of plastic? that's is pricey plastic LOL, if it's around 50+ i would get it.

Advertisement

Tags
7.5 gen, visors, window visors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.