Don't buy Muteki Lugs - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 06-06-2011, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Thumbs down Don't buy Muteki Lugs

I bought the super tuner Muteki spline lug nuts... Blue. It's been 5 days and they already have started to flake.

Probably should have spent a bit more.

Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Sugar coating for you ..

Never got the idea of color lug nuts since I would think they would get jacked up when removing wheels after time. If you go with regular ones, get McGard's spline drive.

2011 Subaru STi - Stage 2 - Plasma Blue Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda Accord Coupe V-6 EX-L AT NBP
No longer owned
post #3 of 13 Old 06-06-2011, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

I'm just gonna touch them up with my girls nailpolish. lol.

After suspension and wheels/tires... my arse is broke.

post #4 of 13 Old 06-06-2011, 10:10 AM
The Scratcher

Now that you mention it, do black lugnuts look good on the stock accord wheels? (2010)

-2010 V6 Coupe-
-Focal 165VRS speakers/Focal 33v2 Subwoofer/Alpine CDA 9887 headunit/Lrx 2.4 Audison Amp/Lots of deadening-
post #5 of 13 Old 06-06-2011, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Take a pic of your wheels and photoshop the lugs black. You probably don't need photoshop. MS paint will suffice.

But stock wheels are stock wheels. Don't try to glorify them. Unless you powdercoat them.
post #6 of 13 Old 06-06-2011, 10:36 AM
The Scratcher

Ta for your opinion, yeah glorifying the stock wheels is a ricey move, ill wait till i can afford some better rim's :3

-2010 V6 Coupe-
-Focal 165VRS speakers/Focal 33v2 Subwoofer/Alpine CDA 9887 headunit/Lrx 2.4 Audison Amp/Lots of deadening-
post #7 of 13 Old 06-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Out of Control

unless ur painting oem lugs. Don't use aftermarket lugs on OEM wheels unless you want to die. They seat differently

you might have fake lugs.. or someone miss handle them.

Peace Out SuckA!!!!
post #8 of 13 Old 06-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!

I've had Muteki tuner lug-nuts (black, cold-steel, spline-drive) for over 5-6 years & they still look as-if they are new. And I mount/dismount my wheels perhaps 3-4 a year (tire-changes, track events, etc).

Air-tools are always a no-no. And so is over-torquing, it's always worthwhile to use a torque-wrench when mounting wheels (1/2" drive torque-wrench is ~$10 at Harbor Freight). Lastly, have a shop-towel or rag to place the lug-nuts onto when they are removed, most gouges/scrapes/blemishes happen from contact w/ the ground.

Motegi lug-nuts are different than Moteki, the former being manufactured by American Racing & of a lower quality than the latter. Kyokugen also are available, similar quality to Mukegi lug-nuts; they have plastic-endcaps which are known to come off from use/wear-&-tear.

Generally speaking, all anodized finishes on lug-nuts will blemish if not handled correctly & carefully; regardless of the cost. Black/chrome/polished generally holdup the best over time.
post #9 of 13 Old 06-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Vtahk didnt kick in

Send a message via AIM to Gosha
My guess is you bought fake ones. Not that Muteki is THE brand to copy, but they have a known name and Chinese will surely copy them. They shouldnt have flaked so fast, no matter what you did with them.

2011 Accord Coupe EX-L V6/Navi PMM
post #10 of 13 Old 06-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Working 4 It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris_x11 View Post
I've had Muteki tuner lug-nuts (black, cold-steel, spline-drive) for over 5-6 years & they still look as-if they are new. And I mount/dismount my wheels perhaps 3-4 a year (tire-changes, track events, etc).

Air-tools are always a no-no. And so is over-torquing, it's always worthwhile to use a torque-wrench when mounting wheels (1/2" drive torque-wrench is ~$10 at Harbor Freight). Lastly, have a shop-towel or rag to place the lug-nuts onto when they are removed, most gouges/scrapes/blemishes happen from contact w/ the ground.

Motegi lug-nuts are different than Moteki, the former being manufactured by American Racing & of a lower quality than the latter. Kyokugen also are available, similar quality to Mukegi lug-nuts; they have plastic-endcaps which are known to come off from use/wear-&-tear.

Generally speaking, all anodized finishes on lug-nuts will blemish if not handled correctly & carefully; regardless of the cost. Black/chrome/polished generally holdup the best over time.
(1/2" drive torque-wrench/what are they torque too? thanks

SlavO's 2008 V6 EX-L Auto
Alabaster Silver- InjenCAI- MagnaFlow ExaustCAT-M3 spoiler-Zexen Tail Lights-Megan SS Coils-SPC3arm camber kit- PR2 Proted Intake Runners- PR2 Throttle Body Spacer- UR Pulley& Belt- RV6 J Pipe- SBM
post #11 of 13 Old 06-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Out of Control

80 ft/lbs is what I have down on paper

Peace Out SuckA!!!!
post #12 of 13 Old 06-07-2011, 05:46 AM
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
Yes.

I have both black and purple Muteki lugs. Both have paint missing after a couple of years. I didn't expect them to stay perfect though.
post #13 of 13 Old 06-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Working 4 It

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
Thanks

SlavO's 2008 V6 EX-L Auto
Alabaster Silver- InjenCAI- MagnaFlow ExaustCAT-M3 spoiler-Zexen Tail Lights-Megan SS Coils-SPC3arm camber kit- PR2 Proted Intake Runners- PR2 Throttle Body Spacer- UR Pulley& Belt- RV6 J Pipe- SBM
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.