Wheel Locks - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-06-2012, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Wheel Locks

I have a 2006 Accord EX with the standard OEM wheels. Do y'all suggest purchasing wheel locks? I'd hate for them to get stolen but are these in that high of demand? I live in a small town and I don't know of much wheel thieving going on.

2006 Accord EX-L Navi 5MT, Graphite Pearl
2006 Accord EX sedan 5AT, Taffeta White - RIP
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-06-2012, 06:34 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
I have a 2006 Accord EX with the standard OEM wheels. Do y'all suggest purchasing wheel locks? I'd hate for them to get stolen but are these in that high of demand? I live in a small town and I don't know of much wheel thieving going on.
I have locks on mine. However, with wheel locks and most other locks, You're buying peace of mind more than anything else. I applaud you for being security conscious though.

Anyway, given your car, wheels and location, I wouldn't worry much about wheel locks. If your wheels just happen to get stolen, it won't be because you failed to put locks on.

2014 ASM Accord Coupe V6 EX-L Auto/w Navi
post #3 of 4 Old 07-07-2012, 12:42 AM
port & polish everything

I've seen them as low as $35 a set.

A coworker of mine had the rims stolen off his SLK350 at his beachfront condo parking lot, so this sort of thing can happen anywhere.

2003 LX eternal blue sedan - tsx intake manifold, dc sports header, fujita cold air intake, hondata and p2r heatshields, tls rear sway bar, 6mt strut bar, brembo rotors
2007 SE cool blue sedan - p2r heatshield, k&n drop in, no resonator
2010 LX-S belize blue coupe - bored throttle body, ported runners, hps silicone intake, aem drop in, tsx rear sway bar, ktuner.com

post #4 of 4 Old 07-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Pro

You can get a set of 4 new Honda wheel locks on feebay for $12 shipped. It wont deter the most determined thief's but it's a whole lot better than nothing.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.