Snug fit on HID bulbs - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-29-2010, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Snug fit on HID bulbs

So I installed my DDM Tuning 6000k 35w HIDs on my Accord the other day and I realized that the bulbs do not fit quite snugly into the bulb socket behind the headlights. I was searching around and I read that the rubber o rings that came with the kit are supposed to go around the bulb socket area to ensure a snug fit.

I installed the rubber o rings and the bulbs are still somewhat kind of loose. My concern is, is it okay to put the rubber o rings there? Would there be any issues of melting or other damage down the road? And is it also okay to layer more rubber o rings to ensure a tighter fit? I just dont want the bulbs to fall out as I'm driving or anything.

Thanks for the help!

2007 Honda Accord Sedan SE AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic

17mm TL RSB,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5000k 35w DDM Tuning HID kit, Nokya Hyper Yellow DRLs,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 35% SolarGard Titanium Tint, LED Glow 7-Color kit,
, Fujita CAI,
Hybrid tail replicas, Megan Racing coilovers, Ingalls rear camber kit, Acura TL wheels w/ Conti DWS
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-29-2010, 01:46 PM
banned

I swapped the O rings and used the OEM O rings on the HID bulbs...that's the only way mines would have fit. lol <<

post #3 of 9 Old 03-29-2010, 02:43 PM
5th Gear

I didn't even use the orings at it fits fine will it cause a problem later?

2008 Accord Sedan EX-V6 PMM
- Debadged
- Painted Exhaust Tips
- Autozone Chrome Grill
- Yellow Fog Light Film
- Nokya Hyper Yellow Fogs
- LED Conversion: License Plate & Interior
- LED Footwell lighting
- 6000K 35w HIDs
- 25mm Ichiba V2 Spacers
- 15% Tint All Around
- Decklid Spoiler Replica
- SPC 3 Arm Rear Camber Kit
- Tein SS Coilovers
- 19" Hyperblack Axis Penta

post #4 of 9 Old 03-29-2010, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Thanks Vixen

I haven't looked at the OEM rings, they must be thicker than what came with DDM Tuning right? I'll have a look at that when I get a chance to go home. xD

Chris, I don't think it will be a problem if it fits fine. The only thing I could think of is moisture getting into your headlights if there's not a snug enough fit? I'm not sure. =/

17mm TL RSB,

, Fujita CAI,
Hybrid tail replicas, Megan Racing coilovers, Ingalls rear camber kit, Acura TL wheels w/ Conti DWS
post #5 of 9 Old 03-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Out of Control

wait what? my bulbs from ddmtuning were completely plug and play. It fit really snug in my headlights. Take a pic to show us!

2007 Acura TL Type-S
post #6 of 9 Old 03-29-2010, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Haha, I don't think I could take a picture of how the bulb fits into the slot, but I'll take a picture of the bulbs. I'm pretty sure it's the 9006 bulb, I was comparing it to the rest of the bulbs and it everyone else looked completely off. Maybe I got a defected pair? Everything else works though. Here's a picture of the lights.

17mm TL RSB,

, Fujita CAI,
post #7 of 9 Old 04-11-2010, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear

I think the bulbs DDM Tuning sent me are 9005 bulbs instead of 9006.

17mm TL RSB,

, Fujita CAI,
post #8 of 9 Old 04-12-2010, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Not sure if it matters, but if anyone was wondering, I solved the problem by using thicker o rings (found at any local hardware store) around the base of the hid bulb adapter.

17mm TL RSB,

, Fujita CAI,
post #9 of 9 Old 01-01-2016, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAiPHOON View Post
Not sure if it matters, but if anyone was wondering, I solved the problem by using thicker o rings (found at any local hardware store) around the base of the hid bulb adapter.
Mine are so loose one nearly fell out while driving... even duct tape won't hold them in place!! I'm going to try the o-ring trick tomorrow, thanks!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.