Are the Honda OEM Exhaust Tips (for 7th Gen) SS or Chrome? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 50 Old 05-11-2005, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Are the Honda OEM Exhaust Tips (for 7th Gen) SS or Chrome?

Hi everyone! 1st-time Honda owner here!

I've been searching for some exhaust tips for my V6 Accord sedan and there appears to be some confusion on just what the Honda OEM tips are made from. Some websites say stainless steel while others same chrome. I'd prefer stainless, and the pricing sure makes them seem like they'd be stainless. That said, it appears that the ones for the '02 Accord V6 are stainless. Does anyone know if those will fit the 7th Gen Accords? Also, how long are these tips?

Finally, in looking at aftermarket tips, it appears that they are all too long for my car - upwards of 8". Does anyone know of shorter aftermarket ones (say 3") available anywhere?

Thanks in advance!

Current: 2011 Alabaster Silver Metallic Accord Crosstour EX-L - born on 11/5/11

Previous: 2006 Alabaster Silver Metallic EX-L - born on 3/31/06, sold on 11/5/11
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 05-11-2005, 10:32 AM
2nd Gear

Smile Chrome

I have the OEM tips and they are chrome plated.
Perhaps chrome on SS.
No rust so far.

Finally replaced my 2004 Accord after 149K miles with a new 2014 Accord EX-L V6 because Michael Bolton sang to me. We still have the 2003 EX Pilot with 100K miles.

...Bought 2004 EX-V6 Accord as a friend for my 2003 EX Pilot.
post #3 of 50 Old 05-11-2005, 12:07 PM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
Welcome Rogue Two!!

I believe he's right....chrome plated.... Mine were on the '02 first, so they were bought Oct. 01 & no rust or marks on them!

post #4 of 50 Old 05-11-2005, 02:39 PM
4th Gear

I cannot remember where I saw the post but someone had picked up some Chrome Plated ones at O'Reilly Autoparts that fit. I bought the OEM ones for my sedan. They are ok, but I would think twice about spending $65 on them again. Not crazy about the set screw hanging down and being very visable from the profile.

I believe the aftermarket pair was around $25.

'14 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 Black/Black
post #5 of 50 Old 05-11-2005, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Thanks everyone! I can see $65 for stainless steel ones, but that seems steep for chrome plated. My concern with the chrome plated ones is that living in the Northeast (I added my locale) we see a good amount of sand and salt on the roads in the winter so rust is my concern.

Also, does anyone know the length of the OEM tips? It seems to me that 4" would be about as long as I'd want since there's only 2" on teh factory pipe after the bend. So far I've only found 6"+ long tips.

Previous: 2006 Alabaster Silver Metallic EX-L - born on 3/31/06, sold on 11/5/11
post #6 of 50 Old 05-11-2005, 06:04 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Two
Thanks everyone! I can see $65 for stainless steel ones, but that seems steep for chrome plated. My concern with the chrome plated ones is that living in the Northeast (I added my locale) we see a good amount of sand and salt on the roads in the winter so rust is my concern.

Also, does anyone know the length of the OEM tips? It seems to me that 4" would be about as long as I'd want since there's only 2" on teh factory pipe after the bend. So far I've only found 6"+ long tips.
Try these:

I bought these from this guy and love them. I lived in the Cleveland, Ohio area? Snow/salt/sand? Yea, we had that

These are JUST like OEM, but they are bigger around. Nothing stupid, just slightly bigger than what Honda sells for tips. They fit great and look even better. After 10k, not one bit of rust.

Shumax
post #7 of 50 Old 05-11-2005, 07:36 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to bagbklyn Send a message via Skype™ to bagbklyn
HE is a good seller

I brought 2 pairs from him for my 2000 honda accord v6, and 1999 v6 accord, and after 2 years in NYC it still looks good. So you can be confident buying from him. Now that you bring it up I think I'm staking of my stock ones and swapping it out with those from the 2000, the rust on the stock ones are annoying me
________
post #8 of 50 Old 05-12-2005, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Thanks Shumax and bagbklyn! I saw these on eBay a week or so ago and was considering them. That said, do you guys have the sedan or coupe? I'm just curious how they look on the sedan since the stock pipes are angled rather than straight. Also, if teh sedan, is there enough clearance between the larger tip and the bumper cover? I know that the clearance is limited. Do either of you have any pics you could post? Thanks again!

post #9 of 50 Old 05-12-2005, 10:22 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Thanks Shumax and bagbklyn! I saw these on eBay a week or so ago and was considering them. That said, do you guys have the sedan or coupe? I'm just curious how they look on the sedan since the stock pipes are angled rather than straight. Also, if teh sedan, is there enough clearance between the larger tip and the bumper cover? I know that the clearance is limited. Do either of you have any pics you could post? Thanks again!

I have the sedan and they don't touch the bumper cover and don't stick out too far. Honestly, they look like what Honda should have done all along.

I don't have any pics, but the car is 50ft. from me and my camera is 5ft. I'll take some pics soon and post them.

Shumax
post #10 of 50 Old 05-13-2005, 01:03 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumax
I have the sedan and they don't touch the bumper cover and don't stick out too far. Honestly, they look like what Honda should have done all along.

I don't have any pics, but the car is 50ft. from me and my camera is 5ft. I'll take some pics soon and post them.

Shumax
As promised...

I noticed the passengers rear tip is sticking out just a hair more than the drivers side. They slide on and off somewhat easily once you loosen the set screw. I'll do that when I get REALLY bored The car has been through one Cleveland, Ohio winter----read; salt, sand, etc.

Oh yea, don't worry about the plates. I don't live in Ohio anymore and I ripped them off today. The car hasn't been out of the garage for 60-days. We're in an apartment waiting to close on our new home in 2 weeks!!! Can't wait!!!!!!

Notice the lack of rock chips after 10,000 miles? There is 21 coats of Zaino on the car. I took it back down to nothing before winter and then applied 8 coats since then. So, there were 13 on it before I started over. That stuff is incredible!

post #11 of 50 Old 05-13-2005, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Shumax - Thank you very much for the pics! The tips look great and are exactly what I'm looking for! Time to go get some.

Now, any info on that hood deflector? I see "Perfect Fit" on it, so I assume that's the brand or model. Actually, maybe we can continue this discussion in the "Bug Deflector" thread in the 7th Gen forum.

Thanks again!

post #12 of 50 Old 05-16-2005, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Allright! I picked up some 100% stainless steel, triple chrome plated oval exhaust tips on Saturday and installed them on Sunday! They look great and I am very pleased. Now for the surprise - they look exactly like the ones that Shumax and bagbklyn bought from the guy on eBay. That said, I paid $8.48 apiece at my local Advance Auto for a total of $18 after tax! The dimensions and description listed in the eBay auction are identical to what's on the packaging and his pics look the same.

The parent company is American Auto Accessories but according to the package, the tips are made in China . Anyway, their website is and is a link to their exhaust tips. I bought part # 62-1106 under "Clamp-On".

Now, I was intending to post some pics here as well so you could see how they look exactly like Shumax's but I emailed the pics to work last night and the email never arrived. I will post the pics as soon as I can...

post #13 of 50 Old 05-16-2005, 10:03 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Allright! I picked up some 100% stainless steel, triple chrome plated oval exhaust tips on Saturday and installed them on Sunday! They look great and I am very pleased. Now for the surprise - they look exactly like the ones that Shumax and bagbklyn bought from the guy on eBay. That said, I paid $8.48 apiece at my local Advance Auto for a total of $18 after tax! The dimensions and description listed in the eBay auction are identical to what's on the packaging and his pics look the same.

The parent company is American Auto Accessories but according to the package, the tips are made in China . Anyway, their website is and is a link to their exhaust tips. I bought part # 62-1106 under "Clamp-On".

Now, I was intending to post some pics here as well so you could see how they look exactly like Shumax's but I emailed the pics to work last night and the email never arrived. I will post the pics as soon as I can...

The package may say they have the same specs; however, I can tell you that they don't look the same. Not in a bad way, they just don't look like the same tips.

If you're happy with them, that's all that matters
post #14 of 50 Old 05-16-2005, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

OK, pics attached!
Attached Images

post #15 of 50 Old 05-16-2005, 12:55 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
OK, pics attached!
Well, I'll be damned. Those do look like mine now that I see them on the car.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.