Are the Honda OEM Exhaust Tips (for 7th Gen) SS or Chrome? - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 50 Old 11-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord4Life
Funny. The tips used to be standard on 5th gen accords and older. Both of my Accords have them the 89' and the 96'! Can you say 'Cost Cutting'
I think they figured out that a pea shooter tip just looked kinda chintzy. Personally I'd rather just forsake the tips if it only came out on one side. I considered doing a dual exhaust conversion just for the tips but that was dumb.

Advertisement

post #32 of 50 Old 12-02-2005, 03:36 PM
1st Gear

Rogue Two,
I owe you one. My tips were starting to rust (I live in New England) and they were the cause of a funny humming noise when I drove up a hill which happened intermittantly. I went to Advanced Auto and got the tips you recommended. I think they are going to rust also but for the money I can replace them periodically. Attached is a pic of my old tips. My new ones look just like yours.

Thanks.

Attached Images

'05 Accord EXL V6 with XM - Nighthawk Black
post #33 of 50 Old 12-02-2005, 06:16 PM
2004 Accord EX V6

Does anyone take their tips off in the winter? With all the salt in Toronto, the car is always dirty and doesn't look that good anyway. I also have steel wheels with my winter tires, so the car really doesn't look as good. I'm thinking of keeping the tips off during the winter (although after the car is a few more years old, I'll probably keep them off).

post #34 of 50 Old 12-02-2005, 08:05 PM
1st Gear

Good thought!

post #35 of 50 Old 12-02-2005, 08:20 PM
1st Gear

I like the new '06 Beveled design on the tips. On my '05, one tip stuck out a hair more than the other. They were both seated perfect, the exhaust cans were different on both sides.

BTW, the new wheels on the '06 are a bitch to wax compared to the '05.

My Garage
2006 Accord EX-V6 Nav
2005 Pilot EX-L
2005 Accord LX Coupe
2001 Accord EX-V6
1996 Accord LX
2004 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2001 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100
(Honda should be kissing my A$$!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36 of 50 Old 12-02-2005, 08:36 PM
1st Gear

I just saw your same car on temple of Vtec. Very nice...

I would love to see a nice photo of an 06 Accord sedan in black with a spoiler and the gold emblems. That would be sweet. If you know of one please send the link.

post #37 of 50 Old 12-02-2005, 08:36 PM
OCD

06 Exhaust tips

Exactly the tips look great, even called my dealer today, they don't have them in yet, want one for mine

10 Civic Type S GT 1.8L MT I4
05 Accord Coupe LX-SE MT I4 Gone..sniff sniff
post #38 of 50 Old 12-03-2005, 02:23 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man
I like the new '06 Beveled design on the tips. On my '05, one tip stuck out a hair more than the other. They were both seated perfect, the exhaust cans were different on both sides.

BTW, the new wheels on the '06 are a bitch to wax compared to the '05.

They do look nice----like the older 2002 TL. Too bad they (Honda) still can't get them to stick out flush with the bumper. That part looks silly to me---almost makes the exhaust finishers (tips) look like an after thought.

Nice car though...
post #39 of 50 Old 01-05-2006, 01:09 PM
OCD

Question about exhaust tips

Ok finally the dealer can order the stock tips that came with the 06 and they only cost $25, the only problem is that do they fit. The parts guy was really nice and said he could order them and if they don't fit I don't have to pay anything. Now since they're being nice, I don't want to take advantage and figured I'd put some effort into finding out if they would fit.

It looks like they're both the same diameter but the slants are different, looks like the 06 has no slant. Can anyone help with the specs or if someone has already done this? Thanks Guys

post #40 of 50 Old 01-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peniole
Ok finally the dealer can order the stock tips that came with the 06 and they only cost $25, the only problem is that do they fit. The parts guy was really nice and said he could order them and if they don't fit I don't have to pay anything. Now since they're being nice, I don't want to take advantage and figured I'd put some effort into finding out if they would fit.

It looks like they're both the same diameter but the slants are different, looks like the 06 has no slant. Can anyone help with the specs or if someone has already done this? Thanks Guys
Just go take one off a car that's already in the lot
post #41 of 50 Old 01-06-2006, 08:09 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peniole

Let me know what you find. Go ahead and take them up on the offer. And post some pics when you get them installed

2007 Accord EXL-V6 Sedan Auto (Alabaster Silver)
2012 Odyssey EX-L (Polished Metal Metallic)
2013 Accord EXL-I4 Sedan CVT (Obsidian Blue Pearl)
post #42 of 50 Old 01-06-2006, 08:38 AM
OCD

I will, I hope they fit.

Btw Jeremy I found the V6 tips you liked (with the inner lip) their number is 08F53-SDP-100A, they look good and with some adustment they might fit, unfortunately they sell 2 since they're for V6's only. best price I found was $65 originally $89.

The one for the I4 is 08F53-SDN-100A but it's huge and looks like it's for the underspoiler kit/Aero kit.

post #43 of 50 Old 01-11-2006, 08:43 AM
OCD

No luck

Well the 06 tips don't fit, too long, too narrow

The dealership made some calls and apparently there are no OEM chrome tips for the LX-SE except for the ones for those who have the read underspoiler or Aero kit. Sorry Jermy4, let me know if you have any luck. I'm giving up for a bit.

post #44 of 50 Old 01-11-2006, 08:51 AM
6th Gear

I gave up awhile ago. For some strange reason the exhaust tip on my car is huge. I bought a tip at my local auto parts store that is supposed to fit exhausts up to 2.5" but it is too small for my car. Ideally something with a 3" inlet would work nice but most of them that I have found locally with that large of an inlet have a huge outlet and would look ridiculous. Someone once mentioned going to a muffler shop and having one welded on for a pretty reasonable price. Maybe I'll look into doing that???

2007 Accord EXL-V6 Sedan Auto (Alabaster Silver)
2012 Odyssey EX-L (Polished Metal Metallic)
2013 Accord EXL-I4 Sedan CVT (Obsidian Blue Pearl)
post #45 of 50 Old 01-11-2006, 09:17 AM
OCD

Yup your right out exhausts are 3" in diameter and the slant doesn't help either. I wonder why they chose to expand the tip like that, it doesn't come out that big from the muffler

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.