window tint - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 21 Old 02-08-2016, 05:58 PM
3rd Gear

I paid $700.00 for a professional tint job using the best 3M tint film there is which is the crystalline. I know there are cheaper alternatives but, I wanted something of quality on my new car. Of course I could have done a $250.00 job but you get what you pay for.

Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 02-08-2016, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waarce View Post
I paid $700.00 for a professional tint job using the best 3M tint film there is which is the crystalline. I know there are cheaper alternatives but, I wanted something of quality on my new car. Of course I could have done a $250.00 job but you get what you pay for.
There two components to any tint work, the material and the workmanship.

Is the 3M Crystalline that much better (and much more costly) and the shop's work worthwhile for the $700 total cost? If you are satisfied then that's all good.

I had a local shop install Pinnacle Formula One ceramic tint film on my car for cdn$400 a couple of years ago, this was probably 20% more than the going rate at typical local shops, however this shop had the reputation of being the best so I accepted the premium cost.

Perhaps the $700 is indicative of your location? Pasadena in L.A. can't be inexpensive as a general rule?

2005 Satin Silver V6 Coupe 6 speed
TL shift knob, Hidden Hitch, Venture Shield clear protetive film,
GM Friction Modified Synchromesh transmission fluid,
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 21 Old 02-09-2016, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

Garage
I was quoted $700.00 as well for Crystalline. I wonder if the performance is comparable? I was relieved when I visited AZ and NV over the summer when I was in my previous car with the Suntek CPX tint. The interior was comfortable compared to the outside temps...

Any insight on comparing the two? Summer out here can hit 105+

post #19 of 21 Old 04-17-2016, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by usawme View Post
I was quoted $700.00 as well for Crystalline. I wonder if the performance is comparable? I was relieved when I visited AZ and NV over the summer when I was in my previous car with the Suntek CPX tint. The interior was comfortable compared to the outside temps...

Any insight on comparing the two? Summer out here can hit 105+
I paid $330 for crystalline. I do like the protection of the film but need to take back due to purple hue. It is strange because film was put on just over a month ago. Lifetime warranty not to fade to purple. Hopefully I received a bad roll.
post #20 of 21 Old 10-25-2017, 02:16 PM
1st Gear

Just a side note, any work done by a dealership will have a markup! Always take whatever needs done to either a reputable mechanic or if it's something that you can do yourself.
post #21 of 21 Old 10-25-2017, 03:16 PM
2nd Gear

I have Wincos tint (has a slight blue hue). Not the best, but it has 92% blockage of IR radiation and out performs many higher priced tints. I paid $400.00 for my tint from a local tint shop. They offer another lower grade called Madico Charcoal for $180.00. Both tints offer lifetime no fade tint. However, the Wincos tint is simply amazing at blocking heat. How do I know? Well, I had to get my side right drivers side tint removed because I couldn't pass inspection. I drove around 1 day without the Wincos and I had to use the air conditioner on highest settings just to cool the car (it's hot in Louisiana). In addition, I could literally feel the sun on my skin, as in, I completely forget how much protection high performance tint offers. High performance tint is well worth the price admission.

2017 CBP Accord Coupe V6 6-speed manual

Mods:
Advan RZII 19x9.0 et35 & 19x10.0 et35
Tires:245/40 & 275/35
Tein SA Coilovers
SPC 3-piece camber kit
Rays Dura Aluminum lug nuts
Strut King Aluminum Pedals
OEM Side Skirts, Illuminated Side Sills, & Lip Spoilers
Putco 6000K/Amber Switchbacks
Morimoto 6500K HID
Optic Blue Lamin-x fog light covers
Brembo BBK
StopTech Rear Cross Drilled Rotors
Corsomotion LED interior
JDM Hazard Button

Future Mods:
4G TL-R Retrofit/Osram D2S bulbs
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.