Princess needs our prayers - Page 9 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #121 of 135 Old 04-28-2014, 11:45 PM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
Another update from our household:

My prince has now been back to work for 2 weeks, this nod being the start of week 3. The first week was 4 days, the second 5 & this week will be a grueling 6. He's not completely healed, but other than being very tired, doing ok.

He had a couple days of set back due to needing to push our daughters Chevy truck. She thought she broke down. It had chugged & quit. It wouldn't start. A friend tried to jump start it. It was close to a gas station but there was a small incline before it. So she got a ride home, figuring daddy would know what to do. Turns out she's been driving Hondas too long! No idiot light for an empty gas tank on her Chevy. That's right, she ran it dry! Lol! So he came home & grabbed a gas can. Got it to the station & she filled it up. Unfortunately, he had to push it out of traffic before checking it out. His shoulder complained for 2 days. He iced it & survived. He was only gone for a few minutes total, so yes, daddy figured it out!

As of April 22nd, I've been alive again for a year! I haven't seen my cardiologist in months. I'm uninsured right now. Ours ended in feb. It's so expensive thru work, so we're not sure what we're doing yet. As soon as we have it, I'll get checked out. I'm out of the blood thinner, but they'd told me I'd have to be on it for a year & I was only a week shy. I think I'll be fine, but being a little cautious with myself, just in case.

Since it's past midnight of the 29th, today is my birthday! He plans to take me to dinner. He made me a cake on Sunday & we'll eat it at home after dinner. Our little town has very few choices for places to eat. Pretty much just fast foods. So we've opted for Applebee's. I guess I'm a cheap date thus year!

It's been quite a year! Losing Tish in feb, mom in April, his brother in jan, & my niece in her mid 20s....with a 12 month old baby & 3 year old full time step son... Is now being treated for cancer. Hodgkin's lymphoma. It's been a year of births too. We have 6 new great & great grand nieces & nephews! Also we became great grandparents! So we are feeling blessed. She's in CA & we haven't seen her in person yet.

Our youngest daughter & family live with us. She's going to Texas state, planning to be an attorney. Her boys have been very helpful over the past year! Nicholas will be 16 in June & has taken over the civic she bought. She insisted he learn to drive in a manual. He's done very well. The clutch went out & grandpa walked him thru the repair. This was before his shoulder was in use. It was torture for him to not just take over! Both survived!!!

Those boys are wonderful! Nicholas is a band geek...marching band, he's section leader & first chair for Bari sax & in the top band that competes. Jarrison, the near 12 year old, is also in band. He's also first chair on trumpet & in the national honor society. It's a pleasure watching them grow up! Nicholas is taller than his grandpa now.

Life is good! I'm so thankful to have it, even the struggles are viewed differently. I don't exactly "live like I was dying" but I'm much better at going with the flow!

Advertisement

post #122 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 02:27 AM
Just another old guy ....

It's so good to hear from you Princess!

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Ok..... Glad to hear about all of the good stuff. Life does have it's rollercoaster moments. So for all of the bad things, you know that you're not alone. You and the family are in our thoughts and prayers!

post #123 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 05:33 AM
ready to go....

Thank you! This past year has been one of those "if struggles make you stronger, I should be able to lift a Buick" years! The good out weighs the bad as long as I wake up.

post #124 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 07:50 AM

Happy birthday!!!

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #125 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 08:33 AM
ready to go....

Thank you very much!
post #126 of 135 Old 07-16-2014, 06:31 PM
ready to go....

I quick....for me, anyway, update.....

Last week I had a "stress test" & echocardiogram. Tomorrow afternoon I'll be seeing my dr to talk about the results. They do the treadmill in 3 minute intervals & make you quit when your heart rate reaches 139. I surprised them by making it to 9 minutes at 3.5 mph a 20% grade. I could've gone longer, but they made me quit since I reached that 139.

I was very dehydrated! It took several tries for them to get an IV line put in. That's not normal for me. I ended up with it on top of my right hand! I really hate having to get stuck there. It hurts!!

My prince/hero has now been back to work since the end of April. His shoulder is almost healed. Technically he's not been released by his dr. He's still supposed to lift over 20 lb. That's not possible. I'm sure he'll get signed off at his next appt the first week of Aug.

We had a wonder treat the first week of July! Our daughter & family from CA came to see us!! We even got to meet our great grandbaby! We spent the afternoon of the 4th floating down a river in San Marcos. I whined about the water being too cold. The locals love it, but it's not 90 degrees....burr!

Yes.....very short, for me!!
post #127 of 135 Old 07-16-2014, 06:34 PM

Any update is a good update. Long or short. Even ten one word posts

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #128 of 135 Old 07-16-2014, 06:58 PM
ready to go....

Such a sweetie!

I had to take a break from my exercises...well, hard ones in April. I ran out of heart Meds & insurance. But all's well now. Next week it's back to the gym. Sigh. Not my favorite place. They have the music up too loud & I usually listen to audio books while on the treadmill.

We really are doing fine!
post #129 of 135 Old 07-17-2014, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Old Bird...sometimes wise

I'm glad you are both on the mend and doing so much better. It wasn't just you......the water in San Marcos IS cold!
post #130 of 135 Old 07-17-2014, 06:15 AM
ready to go....

That little spring fed river has a constant temp. In the 70s. My butt froze!! But I whined in Hawaii & Florida with shoreline temps in the 80s.

Last night I didn't sleep much....I kept thinking of things my dr might say....like another stent is needed, must go back on "blood thinners", or worse, I'm a time bomb & there's nothing they can do! The likely thing I'll hear is continue exercising, avoiding sugar & starches, keep on prevastatin.... Normal stuff.

My prince is looking normal again, he gained a few pounds sitting around & it's gone. His should gets tired easier, but there's many more good days than bad! Tuesday he had an 18.5 hour labor day. He came home achy & tired but happy.
post #131 of 135 Old 07-17-2014, 03:50 PM
ready to go....

Princess' heart cheched out near perfect! I can resume roller coasters & scuba diving. Actually according to my stress test, echocardiogram & lipid panel I'm very healthy!

But again cutting out sugar to keep my triglycerides down has made my glucose go up. If I eat donuts my lipids go up & glucose goes down. Riddle me that!! Lol!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to princess For This Useful Post:
heathmc (07-19-2014)
post #132 of 135 Old 07-17-2014, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Super update, glad for everyone in your family!

A young lady shared a great phrase with me recently:

"Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present".

2005 Satin Silver V6 Coupe 6 speed
TL shift knob, Hidden Hitch, Venture Shield clear protetive film,
GM Friction Modified Synchromesh transmission fluid,
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aviography For This Useful Post:
RTexasF (07-18-2014)
post #133 of 135 Old 07-17-2014, 05:58 PM
ready to go....

I've heard that before & like it.
post #134 of 135 Old 08-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Luv My Honduh

She looks a lot like my sister who I lost this year. My thoughts and prayers are with you Princess.

2013 Accord Touring
Klasse Ferrara Wheels
post #135 of 135 Old 08-02-2014, 01:05 PM
ready to go....

Very sorry for your loss.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.