Stay away from Bosch QuietCast Brake Rotors - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-08-2013, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
Ish
2nd Gear

Stay away from Bosch QuietCast Brake Rotors

Just want to save everyone a headache. I recently replaced the brakes on our 6th gen Accord. I've always used OEM or EBC (OEM Style) brake pads. They've both worked great. I always use new pads and have the rotors turned. This time the rotors were too thin to be turned, so I had to look for new rotors.

I checked out Autozone and O'reilly and was attracted by the lifetime warranty on O'reilly's Bosch QuietCast rotors. I usually stay away from cheaply prices rotors and try to get the mid-grade stuff. The price for cheaper rotors are about $17-$25. These were about $50 each and are zinc coated to prevent them from rusting. I figured it sounded like a good deal. I installed them with the new brake pads and anti-squeal brake lube.

Initially, everything seemed to work great. Overall good, quiet braking. Then a few weeks later the brakes started squealing. I checked the brake lube and there was plenty on there, so I removed it and put some new lube. Again, weeks later they start squealing again. I've never had this problem before and I've used the same CRC lube for years. Now it's been a few months since I replaced the brakes and there is a grinding sound that starts near the end of a full stop. I'm guessing the rotors have warped and need to be turned.

I could have them replaced with their lifetime warranty, but it would be pointless as the same thing will happen only weeks later. I just wanted to give my personal experience on these rotors and save everyone the time and headache with these. I'm gonna try some Brembo or OEM rotors on the next brake job.

Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-02-2014, 05:22 AM
My First Post

A bad wheel bearing, or seizing caliper/hardware can cause the exact issues you are explaining.
Never turn rotors.
Always replace them.
Why? When you remove metal from a brake rotor, they have less ability to absorb heat, so they get hotter, faster.
They warp easier, can develop noise issues, and just don't last as long as original mass rotors.
Additionally, you are paying someone to have them turned, wasting time and money for something that will last a shorter duration.
The rotors/pads are not your issue.
Never had a problem with either.
;-)

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.