Xenon depot volt hid kit vs ddm kit review - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 09-22-2012, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
G26
4th Gear

Xenon depot volt hid kit vs ddm kit review

Figure I would throw up a review of these 2 kits since I have had both, the ddm on my ms3, the xenon depot volt on the accord.

Package quality: volt kit beats the ddms for sure, the ddms came thrown together in a couple boxes with no labels. Took about 2 weeks to receive as it came directly from china. The volt kit had its own branded box with form fitting packaging for the bulbs and ballasts, it only took around 4 days through FedEx from Canada.

Ballast quality: volt kit hands down, ballasts are heavier, with a much more heavy duty case vs the ddms thin stamped metal. The volt ballasts also use the updated rubber anti shears rather than the old metal ones on the ddm kit. Each volt ballast has a serial number as well.

Wire and plug quality: can't remember anything about the wires on the ddm, however if I didn't have the extra harness I would have needed h11 plugs as the wires just had the metal prongs crimped on them. The volt kit had reversible plugs for true plug and play.

Bulb quality: volt kit wins again. I had to shave off pieces of the socket tabs on the ddm bulbs so they would actually fit into the h11 socket. The volt bulbs fit without issue.

Bulb color: both kits color (5000k ddm white with a little blue, 4300k volt, oem pure white, match what was advertised.

Longevity: ddm lasted for 8 months until I took it off. Volt kit was installed today.

Issues while running: the ddm ballasts always buzzed, with one side being very loud. Also one side would fail to ignite sometimes but that stopped after a couple months. The volt ballasts are completely silent.

Price: ddm wins, but with the harness it came to $70 shipped for what I feel is subpar quality compared to the volt kit which cost $95 shipped.

Current - 2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Previous - 2010 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe
Previous - 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
The Following User Says Thank You to G26 For This Useful Post:
manfromtheS (04-19-2014)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.