Just Lowered and now have vibrations - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-13-2018, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Mechanical Stig

Just Lowered and now have vibrations

Hey guys,

I installed H&R springs on my 2017 van with 15k miles. Unfortunately, now I feel a vibration during light acceleration. Is this a problem on all FWD cars? I thought I was not going to have any vibrations since the van and its axles are new. On my 2010 odyssey, I lowered it at 140k miles and there was a horrible vibration during any time of acceleration but the vibration went away 95% after swapping out the old axles. Do you folks with the accords have this problem, if so, is there any solution?

Thanks.

2017 Honda Odyssey TE - VCмuzzleг - OEM Footwell LED Mod - Rear LED Reflectors - H&R Springs - Rear Airlift Kit -
2017 Honda Accord EX-L
2014 Honda Civic EX-L
2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCмuzzleг - Catless Downpipe/Pre Cat Deletes - Third Cat Delete - Ported Runners - Custom K&N SRI With Cold Air Scoop - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - BC Coilovers - Dyno Tuned -
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-29-2018, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Mechanical Stig

Anyone?

post #3 of 6 Old 01-29-2018, 11:30 AM
DAN SO LOW

I have done springs and coilovers on multiple Accords, TL's and CL's and never did any of them come up with some vibration.

-Have you double checked the axels to make sure they aren't kinked at the boots ( though I am sure they wouldn't have gone into the knuckle if they were kinked).

-I know the vehicle is relatively new... but have you tried flexing the motor mounts and see if something is out of whack?

-Are the axels touching anything?

I am just trying to think of some things lol

** There used to be a TSB for 14+ Odyssey struts that needed shin-etsu greese, but I don't believe it was for vibration, more for a clunk or bang noise.

"You poop when you crap"

07 Accord SE
16 VW Passat R-Line
06 Kia Sorento - gone
05 Pontiac GTO 6.0 - gone
99 Honda Civic SI - gone
07 Acura TL Type-S - gone... but not forgotton, we will reunite.
89 Civic Hatch - crushed
06 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe - gone

post #4 of 6 Old 01-29-2018, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Mechanical Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansolow View Post
I have done springs and coilovers on multiple Accords, TL's and CL's and never did any of them come up with some vibration.

-Have you double checked the axels to make sure they aren't kinked at the boots ( though I am sure they wouldn't have gone into the knuckle if they were kinked).

-I know the vehicle is relatively new... but have you tried flexing the motor mounts and see if something is out of whack?

-Are the axels touching anything?

I am just trying to think of some things lol

** There used to be a TSB for 14+ Odyssey struts that needed shin-etsu greese, but I don't believe it was for vibration, more for a clunk or bang noise.
I am aware of the TSBs and my odyssey didn't have any problems prior to installing the H&R springs. Everything went back together like normal. What do you mean by try to flex the motor mounts?

The vibrations are mostly noticeable in 2nd gear, accelerating lightly.

2017 Honda Odyssey TE - VCмuzzleг - OEM Footwell LED Mod - Rear LED Reflectors - H&R Springs - Rear Airlift Kit -
2017 Honda Accord EX-L
2014 Honda Civic EX-L
2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (USDM AF!) VCмuzzleг - Catless Downpipe/Pre Cat Deletes - Third Cat Delete - Ported Runners - Custom K&N SRI With Cold Air Scoop - TB Coolant Bypass - Thermal Gaskets - BC Coilovers - Dyno Tuned -
post #5 of 6 Old 01-29-2018, 01:42 PM
DAN SO LOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRangerZr1 View Post
I am aware of the TSBs and my odyssey didn't have any problems prior to installing the H&R springs. Everything went back together like normal. What do you mean by try to flex the motor mounts?

The vibrations are mostly noticeable in 2nd gear, accelerating lightly.

Hold the brake with one foot put car in drive and repeat in reverse and give it gas and see if any of the mounts flex\bounce more than the others.. Being that your car is so new, I would not think a motor\tranny mount is the issue..

"You poop when you crap"

07 Accord SE
16 VW Passat R-Line
06 Kia Sorento - gone
05 Pontiac GTO 6.0 - gone
99 Honda Civic SI - gone
07 Acura TL Type-S - gone... but not forgotton, we will reunite.
89 Civic Hatch - crushed
06 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe - gone
post #6 of 6 Old 01-29-2018, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Mechanical Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansolow View Post
Hold the brake with one foot put car in drive and repeat in reverse and give it gas and see if any of the mounts flex\bounce more than the others.. Being that your car is so new, I would not think a motor\tranny mount is the issue..
Checked out OK like I expected.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.