Do you know more people who uses forums like this? - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
10Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 27 Old 10-03-2017, 04:51 PM

Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronch View Post
I've been on a high tech forum run by a major PC manufacturer since 2004 and I'm one of their main contributors. We help people fix their PC problems.
You are like the Kwai Chang Caine of the PC world. You solve peoples' problems....except you are not roaming the earth.

enne likes this.
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 Old 10-04-2017, 04:56 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
Kinda makes me sad that there aren't more 6th gen people on here. I think it's because the majority of people who own them are muggles who aren't interested in their car until it has a problem. There is 6thgenaccord, but everyone's 6th gen is "better" than mine on that site They're all about HIDs and turbos and slamming and JDM engine swaps, and I've over here like

Das Chicken likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan 2.2 LN2 138K Sandrift Metallic
post #18 of 27 Old 10-31-2017, 08:13 AM
1st Gear

I have found forums to be invaluable sources of info, especially about cars. Many of my friends use them in the same capacity.

post #19 of 27 Old 11-01-2017, 11:49 AM
DIY Kid/Hypermiler

Garage
Forums are addicting.

This forum has spoiled me, and there are very few other forums that use this format. The notifications are very useful, really just the whole layout of this forum is great. On my hypermiling forum I have to manually(and not the enjoyable kind of manual)check and REMEMBER which threads I posted in to see if anyone replied, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post
Ah so you do have a drinking problem. You do not drink enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
When I was little girl in Russia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropgun View Post
You high?
2006 Honda Accord EX 6-6 Sedan Tafetta White 152K miles. DIY coroplast undertray, hybrid rear diffuser, Odyssey intake spacer milled down to 1.3", Engine block heater, Power steering delete, Acura RSX rims
post #20 of 27 Old 11-01-2017, 11:54 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
^ I dig the little check mark on threads that are mine on this website, and on Tapatalk there's a "Participated" view so you can check threads you've posted in. Usually on the DA website, I just check the "New Posts" view.

1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black

1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan 2.2 LN2 138K Sandrift Metallic
post #21 of 27 Old 11-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Yep, much better than the crappy GarageTalk app the RX8Club uses.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

post #22 of 27 Old 12-19-2017, 06:28 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enne View Post
Kinda makes me sad that there aren't more 6th gen people on here. I think it's because the majority of people who own them are muggles who aren't interested in their car until it has a problem. There is 6thgenaccord, but everyone's 6th gen is "better" than mine on that site They're all about HIDs and turbos and slamming and JDM engine swaps, and I've over here like
almost every single 6th gen.'s i see is in bad shape, has something wrong with it

i'm starting to see 7th gen.'s lately with them being more affordable with paint fade, cracked bumpers, etc.

usually all 8th gen. and up are still in good shape, paint not faded, bumpers in tact, etc.

2003 Accord 4dr EX V6 Graphite Pearl aka Dark Grey
250,000+ on 2nd Transmission

Mods: Driven heavily modded vehicles. "once a modder always a modder"

*G Modifiers Crew Member #2*
post #23 of 27 Old 12-20-2017, 10:58 AM
6th Gear

I've been a "forum person" since the late 90's with my music stuff. Harmony Central was one of the biggest online forum communities before Reddit was a thing. They revamped their platform several years ago and lost most of their membership. I think my account was from 98 or so. I hosted several Austin area meetups and have met a LOT of the main forumites. A core group of us still converge in a central location about once a year to hang out, play guitar, and catch up. Known a lot of those people for 15 years now.

Anyway, the different sub forums each did their own thing. The group I spent the most time with started a new forum and it's mostly the core members. Soon after we created a facebook group where we spend most of our time now. Anytime any of us travel it's almost guaranteed we meet up with one of the guys, and just last weekend my buddy from austin and his wife and son stayed with us while some other forum friends were in town.

In the early 2000's I was part of a Jeep forum but it was more segmented. I knew a handful of the members offline, but not quite the same.

I joined DA after I bought my first Accord as it seemed natural to join a corresponding forum with the new purchase. Read and learned about Honda quirks and what to watch for, and didn't spend a lot of time here until the last year or so.

V6s on V6s
post #24 of 27 Old 12-20-2017, 11:35 AM
Out of Control

I use forums to fix my EXCREMENT. applianceblog.com for the appliances, this one for my hondas, one for my motorcycle, and others for my other rigs.

After that I mostly keep trolling looking for the opportunity to talk a little smack.

Quote:
You are like the Kwai Chang Caine of the PC world. You solve peoples' problems....except you are not roaming the earth.
The earth roams to him as he sits and plays his flute. He can even defend himself from his seated position on the floor

2003 Accord EX I4 AT (mine), K&N drop in (surprised), JL Audio TR690Txi 6X9 in the rear
2004 Accord EX I4 MT (wife's), totally bone stock except for all the crap that fills every cubic inch that is not the driver seat.
post #25 of 27 Old 12-21-2017, 09:58 AM
ziptie princess

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
And I love seeing the 7th Gen V6 and I4 guys slapstick. Good entertainment.
tbh we’re just jealous they have engines that make power and keep the oil where it belongs

Quote:
As for moderating, we have to create a culture different from other forums. My Nissan forum is 100% swearing and insulting using text speak. I have no idea what the heck people are posting- which leads me to...

I was on a BRZ forum and it was like the poster child for illiteracy. You have no idea what the heck is happening.
KA-T.org is the only Nissan forum that doesn’t make me actively want to die. Nicoclub is bad, SR20forums is worse, and Zilvia...

also I would wager that there is no forum more full of idiots with bad ideas and incomprehensible posts than FEOA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2i2dk1ny2i3 View Post
i'm starting to see 7th gen.'s lately with them being more affordable with paint fade, cracked bumpers, etc.
haha mine has paint fade and janky bumpers, but I paid $800 for it and it’s been hit in traffic twice so I’m not super into spending money on making it look pretty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

03 Accord DX
92 240SX
80 KZ250
post #26 of 27 Old 12-21-2017, 09:09 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight witch View Post
haha mine has paint fade and janky bumpers, but I paid $800 for it and it’s been hit in traffic twice so I’m not super into spending money on making it look pretty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mine ain't perfect by any means but i think simple things can help

i try and wash mine every week and at the bare minimum, i use spray wax & detailer

most self car washes (if you have them in your State), cost like $2.00 - 2.50 which isn't much...heck, i've seen a guy wash his Ride with a bucket and some water

side note: one thing i found interesting living in NYC...i guess Self Service Car Washes are not as prevalent on the East Coast and i remember a few calling it "Texas style car wash"

2003 Accord 4dr EX V6 Graphite Pearl aka Dark Grey
250,000+ on 2nd Transmission

Mods: Driven heavily modded vehicles. "once a modder always a modder"

*G Modifiers Crew Member #2*
post #27 of 27 Old 12-22-2017, 01:24 PM
ziptie princess

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2i2dk1ny2i3 View Post
mine ain't perfect by any means but i think simple things can help

i try and wash mine every week and at the bare minimum, i use spray wax & detailer

most self car washes (if you have them in your State), cost like $2.00 - 2.50 which isn't much...heck, i've seen a guy wash his Ride with a bucket and some water

side note: one thing i found interesting living in NYC...i guess Self Service Car Washes are not as prevalent on the East Coast and i remember a few calling it "Texas style car wash"
the most effort I'm willing to put into a car I hate is getting it the cheapest touchless car wash once a month when I put gas in it.

maybe after the suspension/wheels/etc are on I'll care more, but so far...

03 Accord DX
92 240SX
80 KZ250
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.