The "shocker" hand jesture decal... Why put it on your car?? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 01-13-2010, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Dueces Club (22inch Club)

The "shocker" hand jesture decal... Why put it on your car??

I honestly don't get it. I get what the "shocker" is but I don't understand why would you want to put it on your car. I've see some awesome Shocker Decals and I always had this like split second moment where I'd love to slap it on my car window or something.

But what I don't get is why people do it? To say hey I do that to my women .

Any know the true meaning behind this craze, I've seen a thread blow up with a guy selling them.

Reference picture for people that have no idea what I'm talking about:

2010 Honda Accord EX
Mods:
- WeatherTech Digital Fit (BLACK) - LED Int/Ext Blue -SplashGuards - Luminics Blue DRLs - 5% Tint Front/Back - Switchblade Key - LED Tail Light & Sidemarker Smoked - Red LED Turn Signals - Takeda SRI - 10K HIDs - Sarona Eyelids - Inspire Decklid - Magnaflow 14832 (no Resonator) - Shadow.Speed Roof Spoiler - TrendGear Foglights - Nokya Yellow - Debadged - 22x8.5 Fusion Onyx - Nitto NeoGen 235/30/22 -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated: 06/19/11
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 01-13-2010, 10:24 AM
VTAKKKK

Send a message via AIM to CYANiDE
b/c its super JDM.....

2006 Accord EX i4 Sedan - 5AT - Graphite Pearl - [89,0xx miles]
FF Type II Coilovers || Skunk2 Front Camber Arms || Ingalls Rear Camber Kit || Acura TL-S 27mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars || K&N SRI
post #3 of 29 Old 01-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Out of Control

Bad Omen, Regards

Richard

'09 Accord Coupe Ex L-Nav (190hp) I4
- Alabaster Silver Metallic/ Zaino finish / Black Leather Interior
-Weathertech trunk, front
-3M clear bra, pillars, roof, rear deck
OEM:
- side molding
- fog lamps
- Auto dim mirror
HONDA Accords:
'99 Sedan EXL V6
76 K miles - 6th Gen (97-02) 3.0L V6 SOHC VTEC (200 hp)
'92 Coupe I4
127 K miles 4th Gen (90-93) 1992 facelift I4 2.2L (125 hp)
'85 Sedan LX 4dr I4
98 K miles 2nd Gen (82-85) 1985 refresh i4 1.8L (86 hp)

post #4 of 29 Old 01-13-2010, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYANiDE View Post
b/c its super JDM.....
Then I'm going to slap JDM and i-VTEC stickers all over my car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by searich07 View Post
Bad Omen, Regards

Richard
its a bad omen or its for bad omens? lol.

2010 Honda Accord EX
Mods:
- WeatherTech Digital Fit (BLACK) - LED Int/Ext Blue -SplashGuards - Luminics Blue DRLs - 5% Tint Front/Back - Switchblade Key - LED Tail Light & Sidemarker Smoked - Red LED Turn Signals - Takeda SRI - 10K HIDs - Sarona Eyelids - Inspire Decklid - Magnaflow 14832 (no Resonator) - Shadow.Speed Roof Spoiler - TrendGear Foglights - Nokya Yellow - Debadged - 22x8.5 Fusion Onyx - Nitto NeoGen 235/30/22 -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 29 Old 01-13-2010, 10:28 AM
banned

Some for the JDM fad, some for the sexual pun, and others get it because their friends have it. I for one..think it's overdone lately. >>
post #6 of 29 Old 01-13-2010, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen89 View Post
Some for the JDM fad, some for the sexual pun, and others get it because their friends have it. I for one..think it's overdone lately. >>
Some just to look cool and jump off the bridge with everyone else huh.. I get the split second moment where I want to put it on my gas tank door. Then I think about putting anything with a sticky back-end on my car and I get scared. LOL

2010 Honda Accord EX
Mods:

post #7 of 29 Old 01-13-2010, 10:32 AM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozco View Post
Some just to look cool and jump off the bridge with everyone else huh.. I get the split second moment where I want to put it on my gas tank door. Then I think about putting anything with a sticky back-end on my car and I get scared. LOL
Yes, I've asked some of my friends have it, and they say because everyone else has it. I'm just like..err okay. That's why all my decals are one of a kind.
post #8 of 29 Old 01-13-2010, 10:35 AM
08 Accord = Love hurts ;)

Quote:
hehehe, that is what my Dad always asked me growing up b/c jumping off bridges is pretty common around here in the summer time.....

08 Accord LX-P AT RBP
post #9 of 29 Old 01-13-2010, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes, I've asked some of my friends have it, and they say because everyone else has it. I'm just like..err okay. That's why all my decals are one of a kind.
Yeah, exactly thats another reason I want that DA.net decal of yours, besides the fact that it just plain and simply looks badass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upset w/ Honda View Post
hehehe, that is what my Dad always asked me growing up b/c jumping off bridges is pretty common around here in the summer time.....
high suicide rate during summer huh.

2010 Honda Accord EX
Mods:

post #10 of 29 Old 01-13-2010, 10:44 AM
5th Gear

Seems kinda juvenile to me, I would never hear the end of it if I showed up at work with that thing.

2013 Accord LX-S Coupe - 6MT (Black)
50% Tint Front/20% Tint Rear/5% Rear Windshield
Polk DXI6500 Comps Front/Polk DXI650 Rear
Unplugged ANC
EX-L Leather Shift Knob
post #11 of 29 Old 01-13-2010, 10:44 AM
banned

Quote:
Yeah, exactly thats another reason I want that DA.net decal of yours, besides the fact that it just plain and simply looks badass!

high suicide rate during summer huh.
I'm alright with parting with a few decals no sweat..it's stuff like the shocker that makes me never wanna be a part of that trend. *I'm an outcast!*
post #12 of 29 Old 01-13-2010, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm alright with parting with a few decals no sweat..it's stuff like the shocker that makes me never wanna be a part of that trend. *I'm an outcast!*
I understand its a trend but I don't get why the shocker lol. Why not some other wierd logo.

2010 Honda Accord EX
Mods:

post #13 of 29 Old 01-13-2010, 10:54 AM
banned

Quote:
I understand its a trend but I don't get why the shocker lol. Why not some other wierd logo.
Shocker has been around forever and everyone knows what it means. I get tired of looking at the same design..fast.
post #14 of 29 Old 01-13-2010, 11:18 AM
banned

I must be old....ugh I see it everywhere and don't give a shit what it means, but I have an idea...stinky pinky?
post #15 of 29 Old 01-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Boosted Sedan

I saw that decal the other day on a white modded brand new sti and was laughing, the GF didn't know what it was so i had to explain it to her,

2012 Midnight Black Hyundai Sonata 2.0T W/Navigation &
2011 Taffetta White Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (Wife's)

Vehicle History:
2009 Honda Accord Sedan I4 (Wife's first Honda)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
2006 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6MT W/Navigation
2000 VW GTI VR6
1994 Honda Accord Sedan I4
1989 Honda Accord Sedan I4
1988 Buick Park Ave V6 (First Car)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.