Liberty Mutual RightTrack -- up to 30% annual insurance discount - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
21Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 05-12-2016, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Thumbs up Liberty Mutual RightTrack -- up to 30% annual insurance discount

Hello! I am signing up for Liberty Mutual's Right Track program under my auto policy.

The Right Track program consists of a device plugged into your Accord's OBD2 port for a 90-day period. The device measures four variables:

1) Rapid acceleration. (Defined as > 7mph/second)
2) Rapid braking. (Defined as > -7mph/second)
3) Driving time. (drives between 12am and 4am are riskier)
4) Miles per week. (more miles = increased accident likelihood?)

The discount immediately applied to your annual rate is a mere 5%. But increased discounts up to 30% are available at the end of the probationary 90-day period! The agent told me that there is a resident in my town who achieved a 25% rate discount on their auto policy as a result of this program. This program does not increase your insurance, according to the terms at LM's web site, so it's a win-win situation.

I think there is a very good chance I could beat this 25% discount, considering I am a conservative driver. I like to ease away from lights and always take my foot off the gas and coast when approaching a red light 200 feet ahead of me. I leave at least an hour or two earlier than the time I think I need to get to my destination, in case I get a flat tire or have some other emergency and still be able to arrive on time without undue stress or pressure. I keep my cell phone on silent mode in the driver's map pocket and do not even look at it until I reach my destination.

If this program is available in your state and on your auto policy, and you are also a conservative driver, I urge you to consider the program! It may even help you become a safer driver.

TW 2004 Accord EX-L I4 5A sedan (purchased new)
(with 2006 front bumper conversion & Inspire fogs)
exterior polished, sealed, and nanocoated

Among the most meticulously dealership-maintained 7th Gen Accords on DA
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 05-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Roll Tide!

Best post from an insurance salesman, ever!

chriso, OCtoLV702, mtts60 and 2 others like this.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 Old 05-13-2016, 03:41 AM
4th Gear

I'll pass on having Big Brother along for my ride.

'13 Accord EX-L V6 coupe w/navi, 58K (my daily ride)
'14 Sonata GLS, 23K (wife's grocery getter)
'14 Kia Forte LX, 56K (kid's car at college)
The Following User Says Thank You to chriso For This Useful Post:
KW2004Accord (12-19-2017)

post #4 of 20 Old 05-13-2016, 05:01 AM
Go Mountaineers !

Garage
No thanks ! I'm not a fan of Liberty Mutual. They gave me a lowball rate when I switched to them from another company but then started jacking up my premiums even though I had no claims. The weird part was they dramatically increased the cost of liability even though it is historically one of the least expensive items in a policy.
slimm1469 likes this.

2016 Honda Accord V6 Touring
post #5 of 20 Old 05-13-2016, 05:30 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
Progressive has the Snapshot program which is the exact same thing. I ended up getting a 20% discount.

Here's my thread on my experience:
My Progressive Snapshot Experience

"What we use to calculate your Snapshot result"
(taken straight from their website, from the Pennsylvania-specific document)

Hard braking—Hard brakes are decreases in speed of seven mph per second or greater. Your Snapshot device will “beep” when you brake hard. Minimize hard braking to work toward a discount.

Amount of time driven—The number of minutes that your engine is running during a trip. To earn a discount, try to minimize your time behind the wheel by combining trips, carpooling or using public transportation.

Time and day—The number of minutes you spend driving during higher risk hours—the highest risk are between midnight and 4 a.m. on the weekends.

Fast starts— Fast starts are increases in speed of nine mph per second or greater. Also known as “jackrabbit starts” or just “putting the pedal to the metal.” Use a lighter foot on the gas pedal to work toward a discount.

Trip regularity—The frequency with which you drive at the same time of day and same duration.

1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan 2.2 LN2 138K Sandrift Metallic
post #6 of 20 Old 05-13-2016, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear

enne, thanks for your post and for sharing your Snapshot experience. Your 20% is a great discount!

I am not an insurance salesman but a motivational speaker, so I can be very persuasive at times!

I will share my experience with RightTrack once I've had a few trips with it. My driving style already fits the criteria that the device uses to judge safe driving practices. I'm not sure how the rapid braking was determined to be -7mph/second and the rapid acceleration to be 9mph/second, but I guess these numbers are an average over many customers' driving styles.

post #7 of 20 Old 05-13-2016, 06:12 AM
8TH GEN BELIEVER

I've had horrible experiences with Liberty Mutual, I sued them and got a settlement. Went to Progressive, sent them their device back. It's an ok thing I guess, if you live in a smaller city because "hard braking" (per their blanket definition) happens routinely in bigger cities. That device was dinging me left and right for "hard braking" which is b.s. People pull out in front of you, traffic suddenly slows or stops, happens all the time. Pass on both companies.
UnknownJinX likes this.

OEM fogs / 22mm Progress RSB / Ultra Racing FSB / Koni FSDs / Modulo grille / debadged trunk /

Previous cars: 2003 EXL V6 Accord Coupe
1995 Accord EX Sedan
1985 Mercedes 300 Turbodiesel
1989 Volvo S90 Turbo
post #8 of 20 Old 05-13-2016, 08:09 AM

Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakingWaves View Post
I am not an insurance salesman but a motivational speaker,
Matt Foley?!?

I have thought about doing this "Right Track/Snapshot" thing ....but I live my life a quarter mile at a time....for those 10 seconds or less, I am free....
jimijam, carlson03 and travrach like this.
post #9 of 20 Old 05-13-2016, 08:27 AM
Something Cliché Here

^ LOL, before I got to that post I was going to do the same thing..
And interesting info in this thread, thanks!
I'll plug that thing in and only drive in and out of driveway for 90 days, they will have to pay me to be insured by them!
jimijam likes this.

2008 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi.
HID Low's
LED Fogs
Light Smoked Tails
Sport Spoiler
19x8.5 +35 Niche Ritz Wheels
LED Interior

post #10 of 20 Old 05-13-2016, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
Matt Foley?!?

I have thought about doing this "Right Track/Snapshot" thing ....but I live my life a quarter mile at a time....for those 10 seconds or less, I am free....
I love that quote!

No, I'm not Matt! I've been an inspirational speaker since I was 10 years old. I've been speaking for the past 35 years now and really love what I do!
RickBlaine likes this.

post #11 of 20 Old 05-13-2016, 10:33 AM
6th Gear

Do they get to punish you in the future, and chastise you whenever you drive over the speed limit?

I'll pass on the snooping.
jimijam and slimm1469 like this.
post #12 of 20 Old 12-18-2017, 07:51 PM
My First Post

My objective perceptions so far of Right Track, sure people can flame it and maybe its testing a few other metrics that are not quantifiable in log data.
90 days of sacrifice for up to 30% off vehicle. I called for clarity of whether disc. was on portion of coverage or all coverage while I am still doubting, agent eluded to all components, as long as you continue policy.
I'll make a go at this an see what I can do. I have two vehicles and I am the only driver on both. Ford-F-150 and Honda-Sonata
- I have above average privacy sensitivity. I like that righttrack does 3 mos. instead of 6 and its a 3rd party (Octo) not safeco/liberty mutual logging. Safeco says they get advertised logged events only. mmm ok
- Rates do not go up based off data, potential 5%-30%. I heard progressive they can increase. LM/Safeco +1
- Its the end of the year and I have plenty of vacation time left, I asked my boss for extra work from home days for duration of 90 days and I asked carpool folks to step up a bit for me too. Here's to gaming system.
- Driving careful, minimizing distractions (Cell/sightseeing), accelerating/decelerating slow, avoiding tailgating esp. on 40mi/RT drive to work.

Second day out on my truck I got a hard breaking, thinking rate of deceleration was not that horrible as I knew when and figured out where it happened. Wow I really have to be careful, suck it up buttercup.
Discount went from 28% to 12%, now 18% (60mi/18 days in). With averaging in more miles it seems to be moving up, as sitting in garage did not budge it. My car oddly started % disc and has been creeping up 0 logged events, % (120mi/18days in). We'll see if my patience continues.
post #13 of 20 Old 12-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Roll Tide!

30% for driving line a nun for 90 days? No f'n way, man. No way. They can keep the $180 and I'm going to have fun driving. Hell, I spend that much going out on a Tuesday night. Ain't that right enne ?
UnknownJinX likes this.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

post #14 of 20 Old 12-19-2017, 04:31 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam View Post
30% for driving line a nun for 90 days? No f'n way, man. No way. They can keep the $180 and I'm going to have fun driving. Hell, I spend that much going out on a Tuesday night. Ain't that right enne ?
Eh, I did Snapshot for that amount of time and got less than 30% haha. But, didn't have to alter my driving style much

post #15 of 20 Old 12-19-2017, 07:46 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
Tracking devices for real estate?

What I take away from this sort of system, is if you're already a good driver and trust your ability to show the device that you are in fact a good driver, go for it. If you're a bad driver or your aluminum foil hat is on too tight, just don't opt in to it.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.