Do you own a pet? What sorta hobbies do you enjoy? - Page 4 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
11Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #46 of 67 Old 01-08-2018, 11:22 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwxjer View Post
In my free time I play guitar in a few local bands, which seems to takeover all of my hobby money.

What else do y'all do besides obsess over Honda?
I like the forums for educational reasons. Also kind of acts as a litmus test when looking into maintenance and mods.

I really like car audio since I'm stuck driving so much. Can't say I really have many hobbies due to the kids these days. But I was always a big dork and athlete. So I spend a lot of time training or Coaching the kids and throwing in STEM projects too

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment. 2017 Accord Coupe EX-L, V6
Advertisement

post #47 of 67 Old 01-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
I build model kits, mostly Gundam models but some cars and space ships too. We collect a bunch of old video game stuff that we like to hunt for on our travels. I've also gotten into music records. Along those lines, I also collect LaserDiscs. I have a bunch of Toho movies (Godzilla, Rodan etc.) on LaserDisc. I collect Disney movies on various forms of media as well. I used to collect Pokemon cards, so I have a ton of those around. Still have my original Base, Jungle, Fossil, Rocket etc. sets too. Really, anything Pokemon I like to collect. Been playing the Pokemon trading card game and video games for about 20 years now.

I don't know if they count but pets are a big thing for me. I've had lots of them. Right now we have our kitty cat, and the two dogs I grew up with live with my parents, but the bigger dog is my baby. I've had lots of fish in different tank setups, hamsters, cats, dogs, and rats. I miss the rats very much. It's sad that they don't live very long. BF is also allergic to them so getting more isn't really an option either. But I don't think I could handle losing them after only a few years. The three boys that I had all died within a year of each other. They're like tiny, silent dogs. Male rats get super attached to you and just want to snuggle all the time. They'd come running when they heard me come home and they'd be waiting at the door of their cage to be let out. They'd also come to you if you called out "Rats!". They can learn their names and commands but I didn't get that crazy with them.

The fish I guess are more of a hobbyist thing. Years ago I had a big oranda goldfish who liked to be pet and would swim into your hand. Later I had a betta that lived for a few years, a 20 gal setup with gouramis, guppies, cherry barbs and neon tetras, then when I moved I started a new 10 gal tank with just the guppies and neons. My parents kept the 20 gal tank and they have one cherry barb left from my original batch of fish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan 2.2 LN2 138K Sandrift Metallic
post #48 of 67 Old 01-08-2018, 12:54 PM
pessimistic optimist

Pet rats? Okay i will leave out what my livestock guardian dog does to the barn rats on my property for Enne' sake. We have a multitude of critters, cats x 9 (seven indoor, two outdoor) one giant dog, five goats and eight sheep, three turkeys (one hen, two toms) and more chickens than you can shake a stick at, LOL. Oh, yeah and one turtle who eats goldfish except when he doesn't, then we end up with pet goldfish as well. I had hobbies until I had a family and a small farm full of "special" animals, now I just have chores...
enne likes this.

2008 EX sedan 2.4l, 3 pedals Killed by a dump truck 12-13-2017
Mods: Weapon R I Throttle, OE style lip spoiler, painted calipers, K&N drop in w/ resonator delete, Redline shift boot & armrest cover, Crosstour cluster, JDM style visors, retrofit headlights (morimoto h1 7.0) TL RSB well worth the wait
J2 CBE, DIY 9th gen short shifter, 15mm spacers (rear) 35% tint

post #49 of 67 Old 01-08-2018, 03:35 PM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boring 08 EX View Post
Pet rats? Okay i will leave out what my livestock guardian dog does to the barn rats on my property for Enne' sake.
Lol it's fine, my big dog (not LGD big!) kills wild rats too. And eats 'em... Tasty. Funny enough she never bothered my rats ever. I even held my most tame one right up to her and she just sniffed at him. I think she knew they were different.

What breed of LGD do you have? I'd love to have a Sarplaninac or CAO someday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

post #50 of 67 Old 01-08-2018, 04:39 PM
6th Gear

My family had dogs growing up, but we are cat people, with 2 cats in the house.
Don't know I'd call it a hobby, maybe so since I don't get paid for it.
Motorcycles. I love to ride, not so much to wrench, but some is inevitable.
Got my first motorcycle, a '72 Honda in 1982 and have only been bikeless for a few months in late '98 and early '99.
Got my latest in November a 2014 Ducati Monster 1200 which I have posted on here.
1 horsepower for every 4.5 pounds of bike and rider is not bad.
Rev, grin, giggle like schoolgirl. Repeat.
enne likes this.

2008 Coupe V6
post #51 of 67 Old 01-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Out of Control

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by enne View Post
I build model kits, mostly Gundam models but some cars and space ships too.
I made a bunch of plastic models when I was growing up; mostly airplanes but also cars (1 each 1/8 scale Corvette and I think a Trans Am, both late 70s), ships, the Saturn V, the Apollo lunar module and others. Maybe even a space shuttle. Now most of them are in a box in the crawl space at mom & dad's house. Been undisturbed since about 1982, when I left for college.
enne likes this.

2007 Accord SE sedan; I-4 automatic
post #52 of 67 Old 01-08-2018, 05:42 PM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
Here's part of our attic that *totally* isn't a fire hazard. Well, not anymore because we actually fixed the issue with the junction box/outlet that was tripping the breaker.

Forgot to mention I really like cooking. Though that's more of a skill that a hobby I guess.

Other pictures:
Gundam model I just built a few days ago
Kitty
Care packages I send to the dogs at home
Food, and food in a bowl

The Following User Says Thank You to enne For This Useful Post:
UnknownJinX (01-08-2018)
post #53 of 67 Old 01-08-2018, 05:57 PM
DIY Kid/Hypermiler

Garage
No pets: Had some guppies for a bit way back, but fish were never very interesting. Had always wanted a cat, but then I got more interested in dogs thanks to huskies. Huskies are ADORABLE!

Hobbies: forums, working on engines, riding motorcycles, collecting rare vehicles, TEACHING people to drive stick(up to 15 right now), doing bicycle wheelies, filming, youtube, playing video games, collecting ammo, shooting guns(especially over long range), getting ludicrous gas mileage(and modifying vehicles to help achieve ludicrous gas mileage), furries

I keep wanting vehicles that are rare, or aren't sold here. Probably the main reason I got my 6-6 sedan is because they are rare. I also have developed a lust for motorcycles with tiny multicylinder engines. Small engines have always been more fun for me, you can romp on them for much longer before reaching extra-legal speeds. Unfortunately, the average american consumer sees it as higher price = bigger engine, and bigger engine = better. So those small engined multicylinder bikes consequently don't get sold here in the US. So I turn to Canada, who frequently gets imports from Japan. I already have two grey import bikes, and my dad has a third. Not many people get to say this, but a 250cc inline 4 at 18000 rpm sounds amazing.

Engines have always been interesting to me, so I guess that is why I continue coming back to working on them. The kind of work I do on engines is generally tedious, confusing, and extremely frustrating. Despite that, I continue to do it!

Youtube has been a hobby of mine for a little over 6 years now. I've got a dashcam series going, but generally the videos that bring me the most joy are when i'm catering to niche video categories. I'm still working on the opportunity to do a tandem bicycle wheelie, and i'll need a sacrificial trumpet to stick onto engines and make hilarious sounding music. The trumpet will likely need a water cooling jacket to prevent it from dying from the heat, but i'll get to that when I get a trumpet.

Here is my ammo collection as of now:
Name: IMG_0559.jpg
Views: 29
Size: 34.4 KB

It is 50 inches to the ceiling, that 40mm Bofors is only 21 inches tall, so its probably gonna take a 90mm to reach the ceiling. Unfortunately one piece(self-contained) ammunition becomes unwieldy when it gets that large and heavy, so its gonna be slim pickings.

I can still name every single one in order, I think that means I don't have enough.
.22 short, 2 .22 LR's, .32 ACP, .380 ACP, 9mm Makarov, 9mm Parabellum, .45 ACP, .357 SIG, 7.62 Tokarev, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .32 Winchester Center fire(this stumped me a little), .44 Winchester Center fire(same for this!), .30 Carbine, 5.7x28mm, 300 AAC Blackout, 7.62x39mm, 5.56x45mm, .32 Winchester special, .30-30, 7.62x51mm, 7.62x54R, .30-06, .300 Weatherby Magnum, .50 BMG, 12.7x108, 20mm Vulcan, 27mm Oerlikon(27x145mm)(thought it was x142mm, had to check the bottom), 25mm Bushmaster, and of course the 40mm Bofors!

I have always been one to challenge myself, and never really supported the idea that certain calibers can't be used past X yards. Against animals? Sure, but I shoot paper and steel. Long distance shooting has been really appealing to me, it is actually a challenge! Now, of course since i'm crazy, instead of using cartridges designed to be used for long range, I want to prove that it can be done even with large caliber low velocity cartridges. The rifle I want to use for long range is my Ruger 77/357 chambered in .357 magnum. 357 magnum is generally regarded as a 150 yard cartridge, past that it "drops too much", THE HORROR! I'm hoping to shoot it at least to 600 yards, maybe up to 1000.

Speaking of challenging, many of you people know me on this forum for my ludicrous gas mileage. A lot of the appeal of getting good gas mileage for me comes from the challenge of it. Add to that the fact that this is something you can maximize on your vehicles without breaking the law, and it becomes even more appealing. The other main reason I try to achieve maximum gas mileage is to keep engines around for longer. There are already countries announcing ICE vehicle bans in the future, and that is a scary prospect for me. I hate electricity, and electric vehicles would take away much of the fun I get from operating vehicles. No thanks.

Furries! Uh oh! I had known about furries for a long time, but thanks to youtube I discovered how appealing it is! Lots of people get bad impressions of furries because their first impression of them usually come from CSI miami, or my strange addiction, or that one time a convention got attacked with chlorine gas, ended up on the news, and that one news anchor just couldn't stop laughing. It is also pretty much an accepted fact of the internet that furries will get crapped on. A big helper for me becoming a furry probably came from the fact that I had a neutral to slightly positive opinion of them for about as long as I have known about them. The origin of this interest i'm guessing started when I saw a video on America's Funniest Home Videos of some guy on Halloween riding a dirtbike in costume. This wasn't just any costume, it was a frankenstein with a baby hanging onto its shoulder. The head of the person wearing it goes to the baby, making it even more awesome. To top it off, the guy popped a dank wheelie and the baby's body and legs just flew in the wind behind the costume, it was so hilarious to watch! I was very dissapointed when that video didn't end up in the top 3. To add to the frustration, the video that won was of four babies laughing to some music playing. So moving onwards, I discovered a furry video on youtube around August of last year, added it to my watch later list, watched it, then went back to watching other videos. It sat in my watch later list for around two weeks, and I was still intrigued by it, so I went to watch more of that guy's videos and got hooked. I soon discover that there is an annual furry convention in Atlanta, and just my luck, I became a furry a MONTH too late, and will have to wait till next year. Of course, hobbies are fun by themselves, but when you combine them...So I looked up videos of furries riding motorcycles, and there is a great video a guy riding his motorcycle in fursuit, and the way people react to it is just GOLDEN. So, needless to say, the first thing i'm gonna do when I get a fursuit(after familiarising myself with its limitations) is to ride a motorcycle, and RECORD IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post
Ah so you do have a drinking problem. You do not drink enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
When I was little girl in Russia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropgun View Post
You high?
2006 Honda Accord EX 6-6 Sedan Tafetta White 152K miles. DIY coroplast undertray, hybrid rear diffuser, Odyssey intake spacer milled down to 1.3", Engine block heater, Power steering delete, Acura RSX rims
post #54 of 67 Old 01-08-2018, 07:37 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
No pets, unless you count the "monster in the garage".

My mom has 2 cats and I love them. If I can, I would probably have a cat myself.

One of the skills/hobbies I want to develop is learning a third language. Spanish would be my pick as I just went to Costa Rica and realized how useful it can be.

Quote:
Here's part of our attic that *totally* isn't a fire hazard. Well, not anymore because we actually fixed the issue with the junction box/outlet that was tripping the breaker.

Forgot to mention I really like cooking. Though that's more of a skill that a hobby I guess.

Other pictures:
Gundam model I just built a few days ago
Kitty
Care packages I send to the dogs at home
Food, and food in a bowl

This is a pretty good representation of what the Heaven would look like to me.

I used to do plastic models, especially the ones for tanks and military ships. I eventually ditched this hobby as I didn't have to space to put them, and I didn't have the proper equipment for painting them, either. Still have a couple of small Star Wars models in my room, like the Millenial Falcon and a TIE Fighter I bought in Japan when I went there.

I do have a bunch of video games, mainly Nintendo stuff. Not exactly a huge collection, but I do have some. The best part would be the Majora's Mask 3D collection I have. I got the Skull Kid model(with the game, obviously), the strategy guide(we have teh intrewebz, so it's just a nice decoration), and the gold Majora's Mask New 3DS XL. I do have the N64 original as well, though I wish I got a boxed copy. I also have an NES skinned GBA SP, Mario and Luigi edition 3DS XL, and the Mario Odyssey Switch, the newest of the bunch.

As for cooking, I got a bit too busy and lazy to do it often. One of the things I do cook is Japanese curry, however. Looks like you have that as well. What do you put it in there? I am not very creative when it comes to this and just put in beef and potatoes... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Chicken View Post
No pets: Had some guppies for a bit way back, but fish were never very interesting. Had always wanted a cat, but then I got more interested in dogs thanks to huskies. Huskies are ADORABLE!

Hobbies: forums, working on engines, riding motorcycles, collecting rare vehicles, TEACHING people to drive stick(up to 15 right now), doing bicycle wheelies, filming, youtube, playing video games, collecting ammo, shooting guns(especially over long range), getting ludicrous gas mileage(and modifying vehicles to help achieve ludicrous gas mileage), furries

I keep wanting vehicles that are rare, or aren't sold here. Probably the main reason I got my 6-6 sedan is because they are rare. I also have developed a lust for motorcycles with tiny multicylinder engines. Small engines have always been more fun for me, you can romp on them for much longer before reaching extra-legal speeds. Unfortunately, the average american consumer sees it as higher price = bigger engine, and bigger engine = better. So those small engined multicylinder bikes consequently don't get sold here in the US. So I turn to Canada, who frequently gets imports from Japan. I already have two grey import bikes, and my dad has a third. Not many people get to say this, but a 250cc inline 4 at 18000 rpm sounds amazing.

Engines have always been interesting to me, so I guess that is why I continue coming back to working on them. The kind of work I do on engines is generally tedious, confusing, and extremely frustrating. Despite that, I continue to do it!

Youtube has been a hobby of mine for a little over 6 years now. I've got a dashcam series going, but generally the videos that bring me the most joy are when i'm catering to niche video categories. I'm still working on the opportunity to do a tandem bicycle wheelie, and i'll need a sacrificial trumpet to stick onto engines and make hilarious sounding music. The trumpet will likely need a water cooling jacket to prevent it from dying from the heat, but i'll get to that when I get a trumpet.

Here is my ammo collection as of now:
Attachment 449706

It is 50 inches to the ceiling, that 40mm Bofors is only 21 inches tall, so its probably gonna take a 90mm to reach the ceiling. Unfortunately one piece(self-contained) ammunition becomes unwieldy when it gets that large and heavy, so its gonna be slim pickings.

I can still name every single one in order, I think that means I don't have enough.
.22 short, 2 .22 LR's, .32 ACP, .380 ACP, 9mm Makarov, 9mm Parabellum, .45 ACP, .357 SIG, 7.62 Tokarev, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .32 Winchester Center fire(this stumped me a little), .44 Winchester Center fire(same for this!), .30 Carbine, 5.7x28mm, 300 AAC Blackout, 7.62x39mm, 5.56x45mm, .32 Winchester special, .30-30, 7.62x51mm, 7.62x54R, .30-06, .300 Weatherby Magnum, .50 BMG, 12.7x108, 20mm Vulcan, 27mm Oerlikon(27x145mm)(thought it was x142mm, had to check the bottom), 25mm Bushmaster, and of course the 40mm Bofors!

I have always been one to challenge myself, and never really supported the idea that certain calibers can't be used past X yards. Against animals? Sure, but I shoot paper and steel. Long distance shooting has been really appealing to me, it is actually a challenge! Now, of course since i'm crazy, instead of using cartridges designed to be used for long range, I want to prove that it can be done even with large caliber low velocity cartridges. The rifle I want to use for long range is my Ruger 77/357 chambered in .357 magnum. 357 magnum is generally regarded as a 150 yard cartridge, past that it "drops too much", THE HORROR! I'm hoping to shoot it at least to 600 yards, maybe up to 1000.

Speaking of challenging, many of you people know me on this forum for my ludicrous gas mileage. A lot of the appeal of getting good gas mileage for me comes from the challenge of it. Add to that the fact that this is something you can maximize on your vehicles without breaking the law, and it becomes even more appealing. The other main reason I try to achieve maximum gas mileage is to keep engines around for longer. There are already countries announcing ICE vehicle bans in the future, and that is a scary prospect for me. I hate electricity, and electric vehicles would take away much of the fun I get from operating vehicles. No thanks.

Furries! Uh oh! I had known about furries for a long time, but thanks to youtube I discovered how appealing it is! Lots of people get bad impressions of furries because their first impression of them usually come from CSI miami, or my strange addiction, or that one time a convention got attacked with chlorine gas, ended up on the news, and that one news anchor just couldn't stop laughing. It is also pretty much an accepted fact of the internet that furries will get crapped on. A big helper for me becoming a furry probably came from the fact that I had a neutral to slightly positive opinion of them for about as long as I have known about them. The origin of this interest i'm guessing started when I saw a video on America's Funniest Home Videos of some guy on Halloween riding a dirtbike in costume. This wasn't just any costume, it was a frankenstein with a baby hanging onto its shoulder. The head of the person wearing it goes to the baby, making it even more awesome. To top it off, the guy popped a dank wheelie and the baby's body and legs just flew in the wind behind the costume, it was so hilarious to watch! I was very dissapointed when that video didn't end up in the top 3. To add to the frustration, the video that won was of four babies laughing to some music playing. So moving onwards, I discovered a furry video on youtube around August of last year, added it to my watch later list, watched it, then went back to watching other videos. It sat in my watch later list for around two weeks, and I was still intrigued by it, so I went to watch more of that guy's videos and got hooked. I soon discover that there is an annual furry convention in Atlanta, and just my luck, I became a furry a MONTH too late, and will have to wait till next year. Of course, hobbies are fun by themselves, but when you combine them...So I looked up videos of furries riding motorcycles, and there is a great video a guy riding his motorcycle in fursuit, and the way people react to it is just GOLDEN. So, needless to say, the first thing i'm gonna do when I get a fursuit(after familiarising myself with its limitations) is to ride a motorcycle, and RECORD IT!
I used to keep goldfish and turtles when I was little, but they don't live very long, unfortunately. Usually, it's my fault for not handling them properly and playing a bit too rough with them. I eventually stopped as my family told me it's cruel and may bring karma.

I know some RX-8 guys in the US want the white R3 RX-8s that are only sold in Canada. I like the R3s, but no sunroof = no go for me.

I plan on getting some proper training for auto mechanic soon. One of the colleges around me offer it, so we will see.

I love the "Beautiful drivers of Georgia" series. Keep them coming!

Cannot do gun stuff in Canada so can't say anything about them. I do have a roommate who wants to be a cop in the future and is a huge gun nut, though. I would see him playing with his BB/air gun a lot during spare time.

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

post #55 of 67 Old 01-08-2018, 08:24 PM
DIY Kid/Hypermiler

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
No pets, unless you count the "monster in the garage".
Noice.

Quote:
I know some RX-8 guys in the US want the white R3 RX-8s that are only sold in Canada. I like the R3s, but no sunroof = no go for me.
Oh believe me, I envy stuff sold in Canada that isn't sold here. You guys got Honda CBR 125s when us in the U.S. have the CBR 250 as the smallest sportbike we can buy. A 125cc FUEL INJECTED, LIQUID COOLED 125cc with SIX GEARS!!! I CANNOT wait for the day I can import those bad boys. Still capable of 70 mph, but you have to hoon the crap out of the thing to move at a decent pace. I would LOVE that. You don't know how much it frustrates me that basically all the bikes I want are carburetted, and then the bikes that I want that are fuel injected are almost a 15 year wait away from being importable.

Quote:
I plan on getting some proper training for auto mechanic soon. One of the colleges around me offer it, so we will see.
Try working at an auto shop where you do normal car maintenance such as tire rotations, oil changes, and tire changes before you get too far into that idea. I thought I wanted to work on cars for a job, then I got a job working on cars. The unfortunate reality is that while I "like" working on cars as a hobby, the "fun" disappears when you are expected to work quickly. I'm not going to say I actually like working on cars as a hobby, because i'm usually hating myself the entire time, but I jump into that kind of work like I like it.

Quote:
I love the "Beautiful drivers of Georgia" series. Keep them coming!
Good to hear! It takes about 5 hours of editing to make each episode. Already got enough footage for number 6, half way there for 7.

Quote:
Cannot do gun stuff in Canada so can't say anything about them. I do have a roommate who wants to be a cop in the future and is a huge gun nut, though. I would see him playing with his BB/air gun a lot during spare time.
Yeah, very few countries allow citizens to own guns like the U.S.. I did some more looking for cannon rounds that would touch the ceiling, again, 50 inches, and I found a Russian 100mm that was FOURTY FOUR inches tall. It was cheap too! But.....It was in Britain, where they can't ship such things out. So instead I bought a 30mm for the A-10 Warthog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post
Ah so you do have a drinking problem. You do not drink enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
When I was little girl in Russia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropgun View Post
You high?
2006 Honda Accord EX 6-6 Sedan Tafetta White 152K miles. DIY coroplast undertray, hybrid rear diffuser, Odyssey intake spacer milled down to 1.3", Engine block heater, Power steering delete, Acura RSX rims
post #56 of 67 Old 01-08-2018, 08:43 PM
6th Gear

I used to do model rockets when I was a kid. Mostly from Estes, but I made a few of my own from paper towel tubes, etc. Had a model Bomarc. Iirc it crashed once, I shortened the broken weighted tube inside the rocket body to "fix" the damage. But the fix screwed up the balance of the rocket.

On the next and final launch it came off the vertical launch rod, then turned to horizontal flight.
Barely cleared the chain link fence at the park, and hit the railroad track rail at speed, blammo!
enne likes this.

2008 Coupe V6
post #57 of 67 Old 01-09-2018, 04:45 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
Quote:
I got the Skull Kid model(with the game, obviously), the strategy guide(we have teh intrewebz, so it's just a nice decoration), and the gold Majora's Mask New 3DS XL.
I have almost the same one, but mine is the "Hyrule Edition" one so it's gold with the triforce on it. I've got the purple Majora's Mark travel case to go with it.

Quote:
As for cooking, I got a bit too busy and lazy to do it often. One of the things I do cook is Japanese curry, however. Looks like you have that as well. What do you put it in there? I am not very creative when it comes to this and just put in beef and potatoes... LOL
I use chicken breast, red potatoes and carrots. It's one of my favorite foods! It goes well with naan bread and rice.

post #58 of 67 Old 01-09-2018, 08:06 AM
8TH GEN BELIEVER

Flying a Cessna T182T.

OEM fogs / 22mm Progress RSB / Ultra Racing FSB / Koni FSDs / Modulo grille / debadged trunk /

Previous cars: 2003 EXL V6 Accord Coupe
1995 Accord EX Sedan
1985 Mercedes 300 Turbodiesel
1989 Volvo S90 Turbo
post #59 of 67 Old 01-09-2018, 10:16 AM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR4Lee View Post
I used to do model rockets when I was a kid. Mostly from Estes, but I made a few of my own from paper towel tubes, etc. Had a model Bomarc. Iirc it crashed once, I shortened the broken weighted tube inside the rocket body to "fix" the damage. But the fix screwed up the balance of the rocket.

On the next and final launch it came off the vertical launch rod, then turned to horizontal flight.
Barely cleared the chain link fence at the park, and hit the railroad track rail at speed, blammo!
I made one in high school Physics AP class and it worked really well. It flew pretty high, and the parachute opened just as intended. The whole thing was still in one piece, too! Yay! I put it in a closet in the Physics classroom afterwards. When I go back for Regatta, I might go check if it's still there.

Same cannot be said for the others. A girl's rocket had the payload just fall into the ground and it made a golf hole. The other guy had the parachute melt a bit by the rocket fuel. One of the guys lost his payload entirely, as the wind carried it too far away.

Quote:
I have almost the same one, but mine is the "Hyrule Edition" one so it's gold with the triforce on it. I've got the purple Majora's Mark travel case to go with it.

I use chicken breast, red potatoes and carrots. It's one of my favorite foods! It goes well with naan bread and rice.
That looks pretty good!

I personally use this Triforce pouch I redeemed just before Club Nintendo discontinued.

(Not mine, but it's the same pouch)

Will try your formula next time.
enne likes this.

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

post #60 of 67 Old 01-09-2018, 11:06 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
Quote:
Will try your formula next time.
Beef is a little too heavy and expensive for me to make a lot (we have curry about once a week), so I use chicken. Lamb might be nice to try with it sometime, but good luck finding that at my local grocery store. And then anyone that might give me the "Oh nice you're eating Lamb Chop!" look at the register...

Chicken is just kinda something I was trained to use a lot. Beef was a Sunday dinner kind of thing, once a month or so. I make beef stew sometimes though, that's good. I grew up in a Pennsylvania Dutch (German immigrant) family, so I have a lot of recipes that use all the edible parts of the chicken. Thighs especially, people don't like those because they're usually fatty/greasy. But they're super cheap, and you can make a pretty darned good chicken soup with them. You just boil the thighs in a pot of water, take 'em out when they're cooked, remove the meat from the skin/bones/fat, shred that up and toss it back in with some egg noodles and a can of corn. Bam, huge pot of chicken corn soup.

I really like pork though. I like making Chinese roast pork and putting it in eeeverything. I had some in the fridge and we chopped it up and put it on our nachos a few weeks ago. Mmm. I wish I knew how to let the flavor of the seasoning really soak into the meat though, it only really sticks on the outside, even when I cook it and put it in the fridge overnight. I could poke holes in the pork shoulder to let the marinade get in there, but you're not supposed to cut meat until it's cooked and rested... Or should I cut the pork up into strips, marinade, then roast it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Chicken View Post
Furries!
I figured you were one, partly from your avatar and also you posted a picture a while ago of the inside of your car, and I noticed an MLP thingy in there. MLP is a thing with furries I guess lol. I dunno if I'd call myself a furry, but my spirit animal is the wolf. Though, I don't feel like I'm a therian or anything, haha. I used to go to conventions a lot with friends. Have you been to AC in Pittsburgh? You should go sometime.

The only issue I have with the community in general, is that most people tolerate poor behavior way too much, and people get away with acting like psychos for attention. I think that probably comes from people having extreme differences in how they define personal space/manners/etc. or they just don't know how to human.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.